Most recent stories

Freakuccino

10311031 views77 comments22 favs

The bus was almost empty, just me and an Asian girl who'd cleaned up some since I'd seen her. She was wearing a too-big T-shirt that said Freakuccino and writing in a notebook. If she remembered me she didn't say so I didn't either. Everybody sheds some…

Gee, If Only We'd Known!

10201020 views11 comment11 fav

As soon as those planes hit the buildings on September 11, it was pretty much all systems go for Cheney's long-planned Iraqi invasion. But first he had to shitcan an aide who showed him in detail how Iraq would eventually…

ID

11261126 views22 comments22 favs

He does not read what he’s giving them permission to do to him, just signs the release.

The Last Days of Summer

814814 views00 comments00 favs

Their laughter is of a tiny world that knows nothing of taxes or lost loves, or news reports of flag-draped coffins filled with limbs.

Making Love to God (or: A Profound Man)

17341734 views33 comments11 fav

"I would physically — not metaphorically, mind you — make love to that avocado..."

The Case Of The Limehouse Golem

14211421 views00 comments00 favs

Calmly I rang the bell for Mrs. Madison and sank with some relief onto the ottoman. In a crisis, a calm head and decisive action are called for. The housekeeper would surely know what to do.

Encasement

13671367 views22 comments00 favs

A universe, all of it, was encased in glass.

The Perfect Plan

12061206 views00 comments00 favs

They screened the thousands of mosquitoes that hatched, and found a few carrying the botox transgene. In a few months time, several billion mosquitoes had been bred, ready for release. Now to wait for that diplomatic flashpoint, when war could be declared

FOR SCIENCE!

12061206 views22 comments00 favs

According to the weatherman's morning forecast it was supposed to be a dark and stormy night. Unfortunately for Doctor Von Übel the weather had other things in mind...

Rainbow

12241224 views11 comment00 favs

“What I really want to know is, why is a straight guy called Caspar opening a lesbian leather bar in Berlin anyway?” Shona asked. “Schöneberg must really be going to the dogs.”

Scene at the Courthouse

879879 views00 comments00 favs

Realization of one's ongoing decline. Not a bad thing.

Western 49

548548 views00 comments00 favs

Everyday I take the Western 49 bus

Why the World's Fireflies Are Being Counted

11841184 views22 comments11 fav

We got Bob Dylan on the wall wriggling from the lack of music and light among the spheres A great doubt has been raised and can be seen from far, far away for they are even afraid now in heaven that things can’t be going right and to

Uninspired

11901190 views00 comments00 favs

She wanted to have an eating disorder, but she liked food too much to stop eating it and hated the taste of vomit mixed with tooth paste.

Gentleman Freddy

10481048 views33 comments00 favs

Roanne, just out of jail, went to cop. That is, she went to beg fat little Freddy the dopeman to front her once more. She'd have to fuck Freddy, of course, but, well, maybe he'd wait until after this time. Likely not…

Y.

16231623 views33 comments22 favs

We are the generation who tattoo our stories on our bodies, who pierce what appears impenetrable; we fly our scars like pennants.

Ode to the Monterey Peninsula

102102 views22 comments00 favs

Ode to the Monterey PeninsulaWe love…to stand on Lovers Point in the early morning watching when the waves break how water droplets rise to form fleeting rainbows.to walk by Hawk Tower in the early evening imagining Robinson Jeffers…

Compression

808808 views22 comments00 favs

A fabulous compression.

Misis luluai and the raskols

10131013 views00 comments00 favs

The women in the clinic called her misis luluai – it means white woman chief, it was a compliment. She always wore crazy outfits. High heels and pantyhose. And tight, tight skirts. My wife never trusted her because of that

Real life

10871087 views1313 comments88 favs

He bought damaged and used sex dolls online.

The Stranger I : Vic's

10171017 views22 comments00 favs

The location : Vic's Seedy Space Bar. No, that's not just a description, that's the real name.

Rue Saint Maur, 3:14am

997997 views66 comments11 fav

The city had a way of going silent. Not a nervous silence, but a quiet silence. The sky was dark, yet everything was colored in a yellow hue cast by the arched streetlights. Buildings, parked vehicles, walls, pavement. Cars and scooters and ambulances and police cars…

Ring, Ring, Ring

11091109 views33 comments11 fav

If this is trouble, please call someone else.

Knott Travel

10011001 views22 comments00 favs

The next post card was of gondolas in Venice. “Have never not enjoyed ourselves less,” wrote Sylvia. “Sylvia can be hard to please,” said Angelynn. “Those boats could use a coat of paint,” I said.

Carpe Diem Blues

881881 views11 comment00 favs

Sing your barrel-chest blues, / Hard young man.

She Looked In the Mirror And Saw Something Different

908908 views00 comments00 favs

Even raw as she looked coming out of the jail, the woman left echoes.

The Longer

767767 views22 comments00 favs

The longer this goes on the worse it gets.

First Blood

10711071 views00 comments00 favs

...dogs snapping at the brush as it spins this way, that way, eluding the slavering jaws by a hairs breadth. The fox twists and rolls, tries every trick, every last desperate one.

Peripheral Anthropomorphism and the Fall of Troy

11641164 views11 comment00 favs

For Hector it was animals. Rats, dogs, fish, and quite often horses – sometimes even lions. But for Achilles, it was always dead bodies.

Morning

14071407 views2020 comments99 favs

Leaves dance their way down,unfazed by this September heat. Bus stop routines set already-summer ended years ago.A chipmunk scampers undera parked truck while once againthe young man does his morning…