Most recent stories

The Course Of Empire

5050 views33 comments33 favs

.

ED

9393 views22 comments11 fav

I'd rather go drinking than play the guitar

Pleaser

135135 views44 comments22 favs

Yes keeps falling out of my mouth

Space

122122 views11 comment11 fav

Sometimes I hate having to go through the multiverse just to talk to you. Finding the right moment folded in unlimited space to hold your hand. It's enough to drive anyone here crazy with frustration. But I do want to do it. It's like waiting…

Visitation

136136 views33 comments33 favs

Nothing but the motion

OBLIGATORIES

130130 views55 comments22 favs

.

You Pour Vodka In Your Coffee

221221 views66 comments44 favs

I wonder if she is my real mother, if I could get one of those paternity tests and find out if she’s my real mother and if the guy she told me was my father was really my father. I can’t remember him very well, just a lot of him screaming and hollering an

Wake

181181 views44 comments33 favs

At my daughter's wake Mr. Aleford, her teacher, poked out his pointy nose, sniffing my cologne. How could I be plastered with this, at a time like this? Well, dear Sir, Two reasons. One, to hide the booze. And two, because my wife and I had made feverish love that…

No More Little Bridget

227227 views77 comments77 favs

I spend my time sitting on the back step—poison oak reddening my arm—under the eaves, waiting to escape.

American MEOW

181181 views77 comments44 favs

No American ghosts are friendly. I hate to be the one to break the news to you, amigo. American ghosts speak in blood and smoke signals and guttural cries. American ghosts MEOW.

Flesh Alive

171171 views22 comments11 fav

Their breathing could not now be heard: / they'd washt and talkt before they got to bed, / they only waited now to hear.

Tonight's Special

178178 views44 comments44 favs

I didn't arrive at the Wicked Spoon every night in the same mood. Some nights I would arrive under the spell of a generous emptiness, what I like to call the euphoria of futility. Not exactly a state of bliss, but a dazed detachment in which everything is so pointlessly…

Chewie and R2D2

215215 views22 comments11 fav

The door was locked. Han Solo couldn't believe it. After they'd come all this way! …

JUST VISITING

304304 views33 comments33 favs

"I LEFT IT ALL ONE DAY"

The Pitch

185185 views66 comments44 favs

This is what I am saying now.

fork

200200 views1414 comments77 favs

xxxxxx

Interview with a Jesus Lizard

176176 views22 comments22 favs

Interviewer: So, you walk on water, right? How is that possible? Jesus Lizard: Well, I only run on water, and upright on my hind legs. Haha, if I tried just walking on water I’d sink quicker than St. Peter!

Smooth Criminal

199199 views44 comments22 favs

In the 2015 Marvel movie Ant-Man the film's protagonist, Scott Lang, a convicted felon and former burglar, is summoned to his boss Dale's office at Baskin-Robbins."Three years at San Quentin, huh?" says Dale."You found out," Scott replies."Baskin-Robbins always finds out."A…

The Tertiary Stage (he probably thinks this poem is about him)

215215 views88 comments55 favs

They say his irrational outbursts and insane rantsare the results of untreated syphilis. Well, thatmakes perfect sense to me. I've always thoughtof him as a tessellated spirochete, a narcissistic chancre,festering pustule of a blistered imposthume. And whywouldn't a…

Borderline

209209 views77 comments55 favs

You slipped me the key

Midlife

359359 views99 comments88 favs

Even suffering all of these conditions, Louise considers herself one of the lucky ones, as she’s learned there are pills, drops, and creams for all of her problems.

This Story Will Break Your Heart

231231 views1414 comments77 favs

The first years of her life she had been owned by a bear hunter and trained to hunt bear, a terrible turn of luck for her.

Death Dreams, by Norman Klein

176176 views66 comments22 favs

My hand falling...

All About You

188188 views77 comments33 favs

Sometimes you want to strike out at me. What is stopping you? There is no stopping you. You know I will not retaliate. Gone is all that I will be to you then.

Here, You Are Alive

209209 views33 comments22 favs

He doesn't tell her that he is married, and that his five year old daughter who is living at your house has a mother back in that same city

Intake

176176 views33 comments11 fav

.

so far from home

204204 views1414 comments88 favs

Its colour a spectral silver shimmered in the pale afternoon sunlight which glinted on its small red and blue insignia so far from home. The landing stage of the unmanned Viking spacecraft had broken away from the main section on schedule before starting its descent through…

Tales Told near Tsmebrovht-5

187187 views55 comments44 favs

“—but although we've catalogued instances of this on other planets, it seems never to've led to the global outbreak of psycho-phrenias and neuro-pathologies as those that plagued the Tiānxiàns!”

THE HAUNTED MICROWAVE by Stephen King

312312 views22 comments11 fav

[Boy, was this a hard night!]

Suspenders

220220 views44 comments44 favs

As soon as I got the suspenders adjusted I felt different. I felt like Wilfred Brimley.