Most recent stories

The Fuddy-Duddy Writer Reflects on her Fan(s)

14191419 views1313 comments55 favs

The Fuddy-Duddy Writer does not do wit.

Kate

12041204 views66 comments33 favs

It’s that laugh of hers that gets me...

A Little Piece of Meat

12871287 views99 comments44 favs

I didn’t have toothpicks. You looked at me as if it summed up everything about me.

The Rite and Wrong of Passage

988988 views33 comments00 favs

My sadistic doctor was the only one laughing . Yes sir, I was officially, cordially, confirmed to meet that Irish/ Russian fellow…Colon Oscopy.

Snake, Rope

13171317 views1919 comments33 favs

The snake was fang-less and so had to choke her, making the kill bloodless and drawn out, just the way she liked it.

What She Thought It Was

12571257 views1010 comments33 favs

She refuses to let her eyes cry. Her eyes played tricks on her and showed her one thing was really another. They don't deserve to cry.

In the Pink Distance

990990 views66 comments44 favs

in the pink distance / a boy in a corduroy shirt / sits before an upended electrical spindle / and drinks a vodka gimlet

Secrets

13091309 views1919 comments88 favs

The one he liked best was a middle aged woman who didn't wear underwear. She had a terrific figure.

Curtains

12381238 views55 comments33 favs

She wants her mother back and all I can give her is this—over and over. She doesn't want my mouth, wants no kissing anywhere even. Just this. Like this—quiet and rough. Quiet because her stepfather is napping in the bedroom next to…

Writing in the Dark

12811281 views44 comments22 favs

and to adorn my hair I chose every kind of light

She Is My Nightmare

12181218 views1313 comments44 favs

her skin the color of honey sugary sweet eyes like long-forgotten pathways to a place I can only just recall her hair in twists and her hands touching it fondling it tucking it back behind her ears as she rubs her legs against each other crosses them at…

Tribal Elder

10701070 views22 comments11 fav

"Look at this," she says while thumbing through the guide book, "look at what we can do on Jooga Booga island. Says here, 'Parasailing over the sapphire blue sea, one soars hundred of feet above water-skiers, boaters, and snorkelers, and the picture is b

Begonia {part ten}

11121112 views00 comments00 favs

You may be wondering, as is only natural, about the designated husband of our dear Princess.

The Great San Francisco Poetry Wars, 1

11361136 views22 comments22 favs

In those days everyone ate poetry for lunch. It was considered essential for your good up-bringing and mental health. We would skip a meal in order to satisfy our hunger for words. To hell with a meal. To hell with dirty politics and meaningless wars on o

Hymen

14611461 views88 comments66 favs

For me German was a school subject. For Hymen, who could pronounce German but not speak it, it was a poetic technique or element, shorthand for what ails the world.

Fibers(next:our world without ice caps/yipes!)

957957 views1010 comments55 favs

The light they love to hate so much is always pulsating within each life; the unbelievable color sword of what happens next when any two people find each other in their hearts and all pretense is somehow gone, for at…

Realistic Three Hole Marilyn Monroe

12961296 views55 comments22 favs

I think I’m the best Marilyn Monroe there ever was.

pickup truck

18581858 views66 comments22 favs

The first time we fucked my face was squashed between a seatbelt buckle and the right-side door.

Playing Possum

12311231 views22 comments22 favs

"You're going to have to call me 'dead eye' after I get this possum."

Deadheading

11151115 views11 comment00 favs

No matter how much he composes and prepares, he cannot override the electrical trigger in his brain. Something to do with the resonance of physical memory. It remembers amplitudes of current.

Why Go Outside?

924924 views66 comments22 favs

Why go outside where the gutters / are fraudulent and clogged with popularity?

Tiny Breaths

868868 views44 comments00 favs

Fire and ice undo me. I am born again, born again through the burning ice and biting flame. Listlessly floating cinder-like on lost cusps of wind that multiply with every with every single with every single breath. Spitfire grail and…

Angels Carry the Sun excerpt: Chapter One, In the Woods

13211321 views55 comments33 favs

Chapter One In the Woods Everett Finn liked white-bread sandwiches. In June, Flora forfeited all her free cafeteria lunches to sit with him during his quiet lunch breaks in the classroom. "Eleven more days until graduation," she told him. He sat…

Five Things

10761076 views77 comments11 fav

I have the right to remain silent. If I waive that right everything I say can and will be used against me like a razor dragged across my neck.

My Life as a Part-Time Rapist, Full- Time Comedian

19201920 views44 comments33 favs

The rapist was caught on December 23rd, the day before Christmas Eve. Everyone in town was surprised to learn he had a wife and two children; a son and a daughter, the same age, and a yellow Labrador retriever.

Old Houses

987987 views00 comments00 favs

The rocking chair will bite your toes.

Deal Me Out

952952 views22 comments00 favs

Vegas is turning out to be my kind of town. Easy money, free booze, and everyone is too overstimulated to realize I’m broadcasting right into their noggins.

Tales from the Golden Age

12101210 views66 comments11 fav

Fucking buffalo, the curse of the writer.

Downtown

748748 views00 comments00 favs

From the parking lot to the stadiumdown town waiting for the crossinglightthere are a few others in jerseys but not manywe are too early for that.Desert gravel crunching scuffle of canvas shoeskicking granitehop along wobble steps and I turn to seewho's off the…

The Imbecilic Utterances (or Why is every man's burden the heaviest?)

756756 views00 comments00 favs

"Come into my face." said Duras famously as she neared death. This is very beautiful. If one takes Duras to speak of something akin to the 'face' as given us by Levinas, and we may display this face here as something like an Husserlian universal…