Most recent stories

Midnight Riders

22662266 views3838 comments2020 favs

One dinner party, two couples, three bottles of wine. A moonbeam shone on the balcony. They felt a slight shifting under their chairs and heard a quiet scraping sound, then the apartment slid out from the building and lifted away.

Flying to the Moon

13201320 views1313 comments66 favs

...galaxies burst into an infinite slide-show of the absolute... god?

Chinchillas in the Air

15191519 views1111 comments66 favs

He rounds his back to stretch again, circles his arms like a ballerina, settles into the couch cushion behind him. “We made plans. Real plans. New York City. Live like bohemians. Fuck like chinchillas.”

Big City

12851285 views55 comments11 fav

She takes her hamburgers medium rare and the pickles remind her of the taste of last night's penis before she stuffed the stranger's apologies in a jar.

Silent Season

11581158 views55 comments22 favs

we are tired, you and I.

Par Delicatesse

12271227 views55 comments22 favs

I know what he meant. I've been in the 3 A.M. cream cheese. I've known the hole in the bagel.

Sister (pt. 1)

11791179 views55 comments33 favs

Slept on a chair last night in the Springfield, Mass., bus terminal. It was March, and a dude in shorts asked: "Yo, you smoke trees?" I said, "Sure. Who doesn't?" He said, "You buyin'?" I said, "Nope, I'm going out of the country." He smiled and said, "Alright." He started…

Twenty Percent

871871 views22 comments00 favs

That September, he had enjoyed drinks in the company of now-dead utopians.

Beautiful Are the Feet: Part One

10541054 views22 comments11 fav

Naomi hadn't expected them to come in such a big box. When the UPS man tried to hand it to her, she told him there must be some mistake, but then he pointed to her name¾NAOMI BROWN¾right there on the top. When she finally got off all that tape, she had another…

Summer XVI

899899 views55 comments11 fav

It was the truth, you'd say. Then someone else would step in, someone who knew the situation. It wasn't long before the entire population of our sleepy little town became accustomed to your routine. It was even welcome in some circles. Those circles were made up…

The Unicorns, Part One

12041204 views11 comment11 fav

Later, your father stared, confused, at the empty spot where the wall paint layers ended in the shape of the old machines. He stopped coming in.

Bone Dust Disco

24912491 views2222 comments1818 favs

He stands at the 53 bus stop, boy shadow dust-cloaked and fading, jangling her keys in his pocket, echoes of a journey cut short.

My Fictional Tormenter

15201520 views55 comments22 favs

Having a single blurb on your book cover is like having a single friend in grade school. So I lied.

Sarah

10301030 views55 comments00 favs

Rumpelstiltskin cried because you belong to me;

My Neighborhood is F*cked Up

871871 views55 comments11 fav

There is a couple across the street who fight constantly. I feel bad watching them fight but they haven't had curtains since I moved into my new place and no one in this neighborhood can afford cable. I know that …

If Dogs Should Come

17731773 views99 comments55 favs

do not run

Braque

906906 views00 comments00 favs

“What’s this? What’s this? What’s this?” said Pablo moving from canvas to canvas. He was stunned.

Three Poems, One for Each Eye

17831783 views1818 comments1010 favs

1. a bone to pick"It seems to be accepted nowadays more than ever that killing,individual and mass killing,is the order of the day;it is accepted."--Henry MillerWhy can't you leave well enough alone just long enough for it to make its own miraculous escape…

Like Five O'Clock

933933 views77 comments22 favs

She pulled the book off its shelf. It meant something else now. He'd quote her in the mirror, at the backs of buses that kept her moving, something she'd said without saying. He would remember for them. She'd forget, without him, the way she wanted. Garland and lights were…

Hermano Sandwich

11011101 views00 comments00 favs

His mouth smiled but his icy eyes did not. "You like it?," he asked with a thin deflated voice. "Old family recipe. Enjoy."

Renoir: Le Moulin de la Galette

836836 views55 comments11 fav

Crowded into the heart are impressions past These are not recognized in the available light of the present. So they sit in the dappled shade drinking, the clear glass partially filled with various and red liquid. Hat tilted back. Black top hat S

The Kisses of a Satyr

14641464 views66 comments44 favs

“I better go. My mom needs me at home,” she says. Soft. Smooth. Firm. Sweet. Maybe I’m pushing too hard. I kiss her on the cheek and she stiffens in response. My heart bleats.

The Perfect Command

939939 views22 comments11 fav

He stood in front of her. They stood eye to eye. "You aren't supposed to look me in the eye. If I were anyone else you would be smacked down on the ground right now. Treat me as you would a lover, your master."

Bosch's Last Words

12971297 views66 comments55 favs

I / go my / way alone

Arcana Magi - c.26: Science versus Magic

13271327 views00 comments00 favs

Brie stood before the dwarf that activated the de-paralyzer. She noticed her blueprints spread across the table beside the computer the dwarf stood in front of it.

Salt/Sweet

10381038 views11 comment11 fav

Salted sea of summer fingers- sand and salted skinmelt in me; vanilla ice cream lick- your lips; salty kiss saliva- sweet salt of semen run down my chin languid-salty sweat of you.

tweaker

11591159 views33 comments00 favs

my molars are dancing, tekka-tekking to the strung-out paint can groove of my heart.

Burning

13401340 views44 comments33 favs

When she told me to write itI did; I scratched out what I wanted to sayin quick print letters. Not all of it.I could never get it all out in an hour but thegeneral idea was definitely there. We had to finish it in the rain becausewe couldn't light the…

I know everything's broken, but still I pretend

11261126 views33 comments11 fav

Rumor was their only mission was to smash all the glass in the world. They sneezed and smashed and laughed like hell.

maybe just a little too sensitive

11191119 views33 comments11 fav

"do you know what your problem is when it comes to girls?" she must mean other than the fact that they're all completely insane. or at least all the ones i've dated.