Recommended stories

Bad Listener

11041104 views44 comments11 fav

Sunday afternoon was the best. The kids drew straws for a chance to sit on the stool in the Kitchen with the broken armrest. I think mom thought it was an antique but it was just a piece of shit her dad picked up second hand.

Why I Cannot be your Facebook Friend

11541154 views33 comments11 fav

The TV projects from an insect arm. It has the face of my ex-husband, smiling and void. I like to set small fires and inhale them.

Edward Ogle the Tenth

740740 views11 comment22 favs

shitting out the Mona Lisa.

Blocked - A Facebook Tale

18901890 views22 comments00 favs

In the LOL playground environment of Facebook, one man's world is turned upside down when a new female friend suddenly blocks him from any further communication.From Chap.1: "I kept thinking there was something familiar about you, and now I remember."

Collapsible Horizon

12631263 views44 comments22 favs

Mama sleeps in bed with us. The blue of her ghost sleeps underneath me. I love her more than anything. What does she think when we are naked, when we yell, or mimic, imbibe, curse, cry, shake, make love, roll over on her, want to die?

Monkey House

11551155 views66 comments11 fav

We walked into the light where tired elephants slung their trunks and big cats moved over hills. My head was swollen, the whole back of my skull throbbing and black.

Intake

251251 views33 comments11 fav

.

Interview with a Jesus Lizard

255255 views22 comments22 favs

Interviewer: So, you walk on water, right? How is that possible? Jesus Lizard: Well, I only run on water, and upright on my hind legs. Haha, if I tried just walking on water I’d sink quicker than St. Peter!

War Doc Week

897897 views22 comments22 favs

Douchey Jake made me cry until my eyes puffed so much I couldn't see through them. I said hey look, to my friends who slept on the futon, don't I look like one of those dolls with the real fake eyelashes? The truth is I've been pretending I don't…

Never Read Literature When You're Drunk!

311311 views55 comments11 fav

A pale-faced manwearing a bright yellow wigonce said to me“never read literature when you're drunk"now here I am,at a window tablein the Libertine cafe,eating my words,wishing I had been a monk.Across the street loomsa gallery front,where, in large red…

All Wet

975975 views22 comments22 favs

the small break of consciousness that is my dreamswaterso much wateri can never forgive the watertoo many tears

Changes Are

559559 views22 comments11 fav

When people drastically change everything about themselves repeatedly, don't they eventually just end up alienating everyone?

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THE FIREWORKS

781781 views22 comments22 favs

My chin is half-eaten. My chest is gone. There is a rhythm to how each flame licks me. Like how you used to in the mornings before work. Before the coffee. Before the toaster. Before a rose clenched between your teeth and dancing.

Heavyweight

947947 views22 comments22 favs

That afternoon, after I'd swallowed that weight. Felt like a sinker, one of those weights that fishermen attach to their line to make sure the line goes down far enough. Go down far enough there, and I'll find it. That's what I was on about, that I had…

The Passing of a Hero

908908 views44 comments11 fav

"...and time came hurtling behind him, gripped his shoulder/ jumped clean over him like a buck goat/ the world aged but he did not/ he spent his afternoons in an old car with fake leather seats/ drank cold beer under the olive trees/ or lay in a hammock/

The Bob Fosse Dream

16971697 views44 comments11 fav

----- Original Message ----- From :< brokengopher@hotmail.com> to: Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 9:15 PM Subject: The Bob Fosse Dream Dawn, Last night I had this dream that I was going through Bob Fosse's things. NowI don't know…

Go ahead

10611061 views99 comments00 favs

Sit right down in the chair. It's a glider, see? Smooth and easy movement without that annoying head-swing you get from a rocker. And easy to get out of, unlike a lounge chair. Relax. "Reba" reruns will be coming on in a minute.

For Dejan S. & Bob V. & Gordy B.

14831483 views33 comments22 favs

Put blisters on your fingers and Put plasters on your head but Put peppers on your privates and You’ll wish that you were dead!

Now

12001200 views22 comments11 fav

‘Miguel! A pint of Guinness, please!' I might as well have asked for his mother's immortal soul. A smile as benign as a stiletto. But he served a clean and tidy pint.

The Elevator

11631163 views22 comments22 favs

The man and the woman looked at each other almost shyly. The man flicked his eyes away self-consciously and looked outside, seeing the clouds in the distance, the smaller buildings…

In Search of Vince’s Quinces

969969 views88 comments00 favs

Beautiful, he thinks, as he taps the ash of his cigarette over the balcony, but this is not good enough.

The Blood and the Bulb

860860 views44 comments22 favs

I had laid my hand down hard upon a long forgotten shard of an old coke bottle. The cut is deep.

What Made Them This Way

573573 views22 comments22 favs

Flags engulfed in beautiful nighttime alcohol flames that will end all nightmares of country of origin. The release of souls from the captivity of flames like see-through doves in the clear light at the backside of the see-through universe.

Falling

982982 views22 comments11 fav

Sometimes when I fall I see a ...

4 short shorts

817817 views33 comments11 fav

How to remove moon stains from slacks!?

I Know You, Ladies and Gentlemen

857857 views22 comments22 favs

On my way home that first night, I stopped off at a liquor store on San Pablo Avenue and bought a semi-expensive ($2.98) bottle of zinfandel, a real luxury for us. But I figured I would have a paycheck coming and wanted to celebrate my getting a real jo

A Stolen Pipe Goes a Long Way Towards An Empty Pouch of Nothing

554554 views22 comments22 favs

We were always blowing stale enough air into each other's faces from the smallest roundest tables available looking at each other sideways at the same sad time as the puppet show…

Woman Things

10401040 views22 comments22 favs

...when the doctor scrapes the baby out, he cuts out all the things that make babies, too...

A Midsummer's Nightmare

14701470 views33 comments22 favs

"So, is this the datgum exit?" "Grumphfr exit fregerrock." (This response means either yes, it is, I told you that ten miles ago, or, no it's not, I told you that ten miles ago, depending if it’s the right exit or not.)

The Silence of the Library

711711 views22 comments22 favs

I don't mind the Silence of the Lambs so much. It's the silence of the library That bothers me.