Alphabetical stories

Taken from 'A Story of Me And You'

10101010 views44 comments00 favs

No one commented on her altered appearance, although Will in Accounts said he quite liked her hair like that, so she assumed that no one could see the snakes. But she still felt self-conscious, exposed. She had to remember not to talk to them when she was…

Takin' a Break

16911691 views00 comments00 favs

The place turns out to have a really nice ambiance, and while the pasta is only passable—though I ordered, I believe, the cheapest plate on the menu, so maybe I got what I deserved—the background dinner music playing is "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" by Wilco.

Taking a Bath with my iNuke

306306 views1818 comments88 favs

Mickey Mouse mini-nukes are often placed in children's school lunch boxes for cooling sandwiches, though an accidental meltdown could cause the food to become dangerously hot in both senses of the term.

Taking a Job

13821382 views33 comments22 favs

Teaching never occurred to me in college. I took workshops and wrote often. Friends and classmates, meanwhile, switched from studio majors to Art Education, or from English to Certification. Not me. Teaching high-schoolers would be all wrong. Briefly, I…

Taking A Walk

11531153 views88 comments22 favs

13 rooks on a lifeless tree

Taking it Easy

889889 views22 comments22 favs

At the Winslow Funeral Home in Winslow, Arizona, just like in the Eagles’ 70s song “Take It Easy,” only I’m not taking it easy.

Taking Leave

951951 views44 comments22 favs

A walled city doesn’t let you out any more easily that it has let you in earlier.

Taking steps to ascendancy

733733 views11 comment00 favs

... in view of her sixteen-year-old step-daughter’s barely-concealed hostility, she held her tongue, as she had done for the past ten days.

taking work home with you

12391239 views88 comments33 favs

the sound of ashes/ being poured in the kitchen

Tale from a Möbius Strip

12141214 views44 comments44 favs

Francesca is a sweet girl and everything, but her incessant doting on Paolo is best left private . . .

Tales About You

693693 views00 comments00 favs

You said you stopped writing because someone killed your muse. Assassinated, shot out of the sky with a high-powered rifle. When your muse hit the ground, there was a loud groaning thud, a rumbling shockwave that went through buildings and beyond into the network of roads…

Tales from an Indiscriminate Record Collection

12501250 views88 comments33 favs

45s I’ve kept wrapped in newspaper in the attic. These are all mine. Some doubling up in sleeves. Some pushing tears in the seams.

Tales from the fictionaut Fave Side

11061106 views55 comments33 favs

Into the bowl I put Tales from the Crypt, The Far Side and an episode of Numbers. Wisked for a moment, then let the dough rise.

Tales from the Friend Zone

12391239 views44 comments33 favs

The blade was wielded by a spunky brunette with a German accent and a laugh that made me weak at the knees.

Tales from the Golden Age

12081208 views66 comments11 fav

Fucking buffalo, the curse of the writer.

Tales from the Golden Age II

15371537 views1313 comments44 favs

--How's the wriiting business? How about that thing you' was workin' on..."Gawain's Green Nights?" --Yeah, well, I'm kind of off the soft-core...

Tales Told near Tsmebrovht-5

207207 views55 comments44 favs

“—but although we've catalogued instances of this on other planets, it seems never to've led to the global outbreak of psycho-phrenias and neuro-pathologies as those that plagued the Tiānxiàns!”

Talk To the Bionic Hand

847847 views33 comments00 favs

Talk To the Bionic Hand “Scientists have discovered how to program intention into a bionic hand so that it will react to impulses from the brain like a normal hand” Man found being choked by his own out-of-control bionic hand after han

Talk.

179179 views1212 comments1212 favs

My eyes filled with tears when it entered my throat

Talking about a Friend Over a Cup or Two of Coffee

14841484 views1313 comments1313 favs

Talking about a Friend Over a Cup or Two of Coffee “Their first fight was over school lunches. Free school lunches. She taught Kindergarten in a public special ed center for emotionally disturbed children. The…

Talking Balls and Strikes

882882 views55 comments55 favs

I don’t see the problem. In the country I come from, language is the best part of the game.

Talking Down the Flames

12271227 views44 comments11 fav

She'd always been an odd girl, nearly raising herself. As she got breasts and hips the boys complained that she was easy to get in the backseat, but afterward the car wouldn't run, not ever, like the engine died the moment they used her willingness up. So

Tangenital

12681268 views11 comment11 fav

I don’t personally know any models—let alone any supermodels—at this point in my life but some years back my father, who was working for the Woolite Corporation, was in charge of hiring models for them.

Tangerine Slip Cat

12141214 views88 comments66 favs

I knew my cat was capable of telepathy when I began to have isolated, random, non-cause-related thoughts about food and feelings, little signals, and I realized that the signs — images of tangerines, tuna, bones; the idea of choice; slate, names; the feeling of…

Tangled Up in Glue

430430 views1313 comments88 favs

Shhhh, my husband is trying to write...

Tango

12631263 views00 comments00 favs

By the end of the evening, a dark circle of sweat stained the overstretched satin over her dome of a belly. José told her to take it easy. “When people come to a tango bar, they want to think about sex, not babies.”

Tap Dancing to Voltage

17601760 views4141 comments1818 favs

Tap shoes are the portal to the opening of heavens that will ignite me with the highest voltage of electricity, give me the gift I was meant for at birth. Prophecy.

Target practice

765765 views99 comments00 favs

...it didn’t take much to just toss it aside and muster up some fresh bravado.

Tariff Happy

925925 views1313 comments77 favs

Expose those for whom freedom is greed.

Tarot

951951 views66 comments44 favs

I am the boy with the olive skin who takes pictures of lewd sex acts performed by nobodies on stage at the Rock Creek Lodge Testicle Festival in Missoula, Montana.