Most read stories

Disbelief

14301430 views00 comments00 favs

It's Christmas!

Beards

14301430 views33 comments22 favs

One day my mother's lover shaved his beard and legs. Said he couldn’t fit into his tight jeans anymore.

After Baptism, He Speaks

14291429 views2222 comments1717 favs

The world is full of dead dogs

Men Respond to Women's Tennis Grunts With Armpit Farts

14291429 views00 comments00 favs

An armpit fart is a simulated sound of flatulence produced by creating a pocket of air between the armpit of a partially raised arm and the hand, then swiftly closing this pocket by bringing the arm close to the torso.

BEFORE THE NEBRASKA SEA

14291429 views00 comments00 favs

The unfanged obscene had finally caught him in the night.

When I Was Young In the Suburbs

14291429 views22 comments22 favs

When I was young in the suburbs, there was an empty lot across from our house. Bulldozers cleared the trees, shredded the bushes, and piled mounds of dirt three times as tall as I. But they never built a house.The dirt mounds, chain-link fences, and neon signs were…

A D O N I S

14291429 views33 comments00 favs

They sprinkled me in the holes of Auburn Maine. They covered me in grain, and salmon colored sand. My shell had swirls of chartreuse, and chocolate painted on it. I was made from glass and Gods left eye. Picked and sorted through, we all landed into a tiny paper bag…

TRANSLITERALIZATION

14291429 views55 comments22 favs

The snapdragon has now achieved absolute resonance, the gateways on either side are fully opened wide with beautiful iridescent curtains billowing out in high frequency spectrum waves producing a very pleasant ecstatic effect within observer's sensory app

The Greatest Narcissist on Earth

14291429 views1818 comments1515 favs

I forgot how masterful you are, way better than a pickpocket. After our meeting, I drove home with one hand. It felt funny but I figured I'd absentmindedly put the other in my purse or tossed it into the backseat with my jacket. In my…

Wrong Number

14291429 views77 comments33 favs

The package arrived, delivered to her work as was her preference. She took it to the ladies room and sat on the lounge, carefully opening the box, removing the new black patent leather FMQs, pulling out the tissue paper stuffed into the toes and placing her well-worn…

The Epidemic of Weariness

14291429 views66 comments33 favs

“Life cannot continue at a breakneck pace, because it is breaking too many necks,” the Health Czar told the President.

Death Masking Love

14291429 views44 comments33 favs

She brought the ends of her fingers to her mouth and moistened them in her warm saliva. The whorls of her prints glistened in the harsh light of the room, but it wasn't her own outlines she was interested in raising. His hand lay outstretched in his…

Morning

14291429 views2020 comments99 favs

Leaves dance their way down,unfazed by this September heat. Bus stop routines set already-summer ended years ago.A chipmunk scampers undera parked truck while once againthe young man does his morning…

What Remains II

14281428 views22 comments00 favs

Duh. It’s all the same sky. Instead I nod, and don’t say anything.

Pour Yourself A Glass of Wine, Hop on the Treadmill and Read This Book

14281428 views33 comments22 favs

I don't know if I'm going to get Alzheimer's, but know I don‘t want to. That's why I just read “100 Simple Things You Can Do To Prevent Alzheimer's“ by medical journalist Jean Carper. Doing simple things is something I'm good at. And while I'm…

Beard of Bees

14281428 views22 comments11 fav

Beard of Bees My father always used to say to me, he said "Son" (he called me son) "Son. Falling in love is easy. Getting into the Guinness Book of World Records is hard".

destiny

14281428 views1313 comments1212 favs

destiny

How I Left Onandaga County

14281428 views1010 comments44 favs

So, like I said. Da. I have dealt with the men, when I was a lap dancer. The men they need the….manipulations. I have good hands. They want me to see them naked, their power. Here it is only the women. The massage, the facial, the waxing...

Breakfast Dance - a 55 word story

14281428 views1414 comments66 favs

The handsome man at the opposite table swivels his head at the tall cool slim blonde entering the breakfast cafe. The ordinary woman sitting with him adjusts her chair accordingly. She pretends to ignore her husband's distraction, smoothes her hair, licks her…

Picking the Bark Off Experience

14271427 views2121 comments1717 favs

After breakfast, he dresses and heads / for the blackjack tables.

North from Laguna Beach

14271427 views77 comments55 favs

I was Orson Welles skulking in the shadows and you Alida Valli; our time measured like footsteps advancing on Gethsemane.

Hurricane Shutters

14271427 views44 comments66 favs

The thing that really gets you about the house is the hurricane shutters. They're up already, even though it's the end of May, because Buck's uncle is back in Rhode Island for the summer and he's prepped the house on Key Largo like Armageddon is coming.

A monkey puzzle rocket burst

14271427 views77 comments44 favs

The things we do for books, she thought.

What I'd Have to Call My 'Meatsack Family'

14271427 views00 comments00 favs

This story is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is coincidental and unintentional and should not be inferred. (Really!)

Duck Sauce

14271427 views22 comments22 favs

In principle, Sergeant Brock Lumley resisted superstition, but if you were to stop him on any given day he was patrolling Baghdad streets with his rifle squad and ask him to open the front left ammo pouch on his flak vest, he’d get this look on his face..

Laughingly rejected by The New Yorker

14261426 views99 comments44 favs

...and we laughed.

King boy

14261426 views22 comments11 fav

“He had emerged from slavery, -- not the worst slavery in the world, not a slavery that made all life unbearable, rather a slavery that had here and there something of kindliness, fidelity, and happiness, -- but withal slavery, which, so far a human aspiration…

Buoyancy

14261426 views22 comments11 fav

When I ate with my girls, Bliss and Victoria, I would lift my head up and look at us eating until I could imagine him chiding me. “Our daughters are looking more and more like you each day,” he’d say. “Fat!” I didn’t feel like eating when I thought abo

Here I Am

14261426 views88 comments66 favs

Here I am in the city where we walked side by side, you had driven a great distance and lost your way somewhere where exits left the highway from both directions and unpredictably.

Jesus Had a Tat

14261426 views88 comments44 favs

Jesus Freaks will go tat head... crowns of thorns for their noggins and so on. Christ had one too...