Recommended stories

walks from to walks to

415415 views66 comments22 favs

hands slide into gloves unseen / eyes disappear behind glass / the crank turns the flywheel spins: / every octave has droppt low / sub-sonic shudders within—

cloth

12731273 views88 comments22 favs

i want out

He Don't Know Him

22932293 views22 comments22 favs

Planned developments have garages in the back, hasty retreat and advance protected by the Genie Automatic, come and go and go and come, waving is optional.

the road of no light, the map of no road

877877 views44 comments22 favs

so out to the night, and turning out the stars, so nothing can last, and nothing is taken in

Ten Beginnings of Stories about Grizzly Bears

884884 views33 comments33 favs

1. The Grizzlies met with the other forest animals for a meeting about voting rights. I was there too, you know, to prevent chaos or something. 2. Mom didn't like it when I took in a …

Balconies

11611161 views77 comments11 fav

In a few brief moments the entire sky became full of this wetness and greyed to the point of almost blackening, and it was a Sunday morning, and the man thought that thoughts were strange things, because he had a piercing epiphany that there was no God..

Five Poems

862862 views33 comments33 favs

First Fall in Love by Darryl PriceWhat the black lives matter peopleare saying is black lives matter, too.Just as much. What blue meanies aspeople are saying is blue mattersmore. I don't believe that and neithershould you. What the green lives matterpeople are saying is we…

S.K.O.S.O. vs T.O.O.T.H. (With an update on Jinni of T.O.O.T.H.)

997997 views66 comments22 favs

"What have I done? What in God's name possessed me? Confessions of some college trouble in the 60's.

Flight

12031203 views66 comments33 favs

Another bird hits the large plate glass patio doors as I am sipping my morning coffee.

How to travel with your Demons (4)

13081308 views33 comments33 favs

I also understand if you don't think that's fair. But consider this: If she doesn't operate according to those rules, then where are we? Isn't that anarchy?

Bookmark

11961196 views55 comments22 favs

Some books are like old friends and when you read them, you no longer feel alone.

My Future Husband

10301030 views22 comments22 favs

My future husband is wondering why I'm "taking your crap" when I'm excellent at standing up to his. He's cooking dinner in the stylish two story home he owns and wishing he had someone to share it with, a blue eyed blonde, but only if she's me.

I Used to Be a Literature Major

10231023 views44 comments33 favs

I remember reading poetry in the library / when I was in college, after skipping / Sociology, Psychology, or Theology. / I remember thinking: What is this nonsense? / I don’t want to waste my time on any of this.

Seriously Lynched

954954 views44 comments33 favs

And what about: there's this signature dessert at the restaurant where you are eating and it is called DEATH BY CHOCOLATE? And you know it is, because you've had it, and wow.

Fair-Weather Best Friends Forever

17861786 views22 comments33 favs

“How scared?” Mikey said, not wanting to find out, and already looking pretty nervous.

Battleship

11461146 views33 comments33 favs

You compare the brightly-colored wires sprouting from the bandage wrapped around your stepson's head to a bouquet of flowers. The tech sits in a chair next to Brett's hospital bed and holds up line drawings of common objects: cats, boats, skyscrapers,…

Grief Leaves the Room

888888 views44 comments33 favs

It leaves on a Saturday,suddenly, while you are raking leaves or taking out the trash.Those inevitable, boring things.You do not hear it go;it's been quiet before when it left certain rooms. It no longersleeps beside you, and you learnedlong ago that the bed was…

The Young Hate the Old

975975 views44 comments33 favs

The old hate the young. Robe exposed monks do not Hate mosquitoes. It is one. It is one hand. It is one. Mountains don't hate sky. The rich hate the poor. The poor hate the rich. The parade of scholars hate the …

Texas hold ’em

18631863 views55 comments22 favs

. . . at midnight three zombies and a vampire gather for a game of Texas hold ’em.

The Prom Queen and the Quarterback

789789 views44 comments22 favs

Friday night, a bar downtown, beneath the swirling dots of disco lights, seated at a table by the door, I come across a Cheerleader from my high school days, having a Martini with the Quarterback she married. Even in forgiving light, …

Living In My RV - song

974974 views44 comments33 favs

I’m just living in my RV Guess my parking karma won Got some pigeons for my pets Cause I’m sorta on the run I’m just living in my RV And I’m not the only one But I’m getting kinda bummed Cause I miss my little hon Tried to kick my gambl

Elevator Music

982982 views66 comments22 favs

Of course, no one can control what goes on in an elevator.

Beyond the Brown Paper Bag: Baggers & The Bagged Items

16401640 views33 comments22 favs

[THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CONTENT, AND TO RUN IN THE TIME ALLOTTED.]

Seascape

11561156 views44 comments33 favs

1. Walking here with you on these narrow strands of clean air & imagination

Big Top Boogie

855855 views44 comments33 favs

I had the blues. I was feeling down the day the circus came to town. There was cash in my pocket and a bag of weed. I went to the circus with a desperate need to renew my faith in the good of mankind. Perhaps under the big top some laughs I’d find.

Three Ways of the Saw

18271827 views11 comment33 favs

I’m at the kitchen sink washing down pills when they bump up my driveway in a blue Toyota pick up, its bed eaten through with rust so bad I can see past the holes in the body to the frame.

Where I've Been the Last 10 or More Years

14581458 views77 comments22 favs

It's been so long since I've been in touch with any of you—if I ever was in touch with you—because my family and I took up residence in the local Wal•Mart.

Give Tongue

11411141 views77 comments22 favs

"Penning a slight of tongue well versed or worse, a salacious lie..."

Excelsior - A Poem in 9 Parts (post 1 of 5)

12101210 views33 comments33 favs

Excelsior: A Poem in Nine Parts Preface: Musings on a Lighthouse by an Eastern Isle (Suggested by a painting by Mario Larrinaga) It is bright tonight; this plain, displaced from place In Time's broad flight, yields…

The Hater

12761276 views66 comments11 fav

You look at people and despise them all.