Most recent stories

Settled

10521052 views44 comments11 fav

Zusman snored on the sofa as Motel gathered his belongings in the dark. He moved quietly as had become his custom in the mornings. Initially he had tried not to wake his nephew on his way to work in the…

The Creature, to an Empty Chair

16841684 views1515 comments88 favs

It is pain taking a form, Plato’s dream, born from your hands father that rejected me, giving me the color of abandonment, eyes dulled by isolation, a body deceased without life-giving touch.

Frankie & Jake are Married (another novel castaway)

15841584 views1212 comments22 favs

Frankie married me during my theory stage. I hadn’t known her long.

Chicagoo (from Swink literary journal)

14181418 views11 comment11 fav

When Kim handed me some of her husband’s condoms—“Here, use these”—out of one of their bedroom dresser drawers, could she sense the astonishment I was trying my best not to show?

Bad Luck and Trouble

12091209 views1010 comments33 favs

Jake goes back inside, turns on the TV, and sits down. It is the end of the world! A lane of the Bay Bridge has fallen into the bay. A building downtown has lost its skin.

Dreamphone Sleepover

13081308 views44 comments11 fav

Cassie cradles the loaf-sized phone – pinker than any girl – and dials. he's not wearing a hat says the phone and we all scratch our pencils on the boy-list.

The Great Wall of Suburbia

13521352 views22 comments00 favs

Old man Hensley was fed up. With everything, he would say, if one was so inclined to ask (which was not advisable). It was his first morning as an official retiree and, if it was…

The Naked Man of Barcelona

1308313083 views1818 comments1111 favs

It is no easy thing getting noticed on Las Ramblas.

Dear Friend

984984 views44 comments11 fav

Dear Friend: As a visitor to Wonderland in the past, you are truly among our most treasured friends. It is the enthusiasm for whimsy such as yours that spurs us to continue to provide perplexing chaos for which we are so widely esteemed, the better to

You can't always get what you want.

16631663 views77 comments22 favs

Sally was bathing Homeless Hope in her bathtub when the phone rang in the kitchen.

14-B

16871687 views55 comments22 favs

It was a forgettable face, to be sure. Neither ugly nor beautiful, she looked like any one of a million American women. She could have been headed anywhere, but at that moment, she wanted to go to 14-B.

a night on the f'naut

14481448 views1515 comments66 favs

with images overflowing with delicate thought scenes with nightmarish wet dreams

The Kiss

13151315 views00 comments00 favs

"Dude!" James smacked Peter's head. "Don't be a jerk. Did you get a look at her or not?" Peter said, "I didn't really see her face. Is she hot? Do you wanna kiss her face?"

Liquid Sunset

12091209 views66 comments33 favs

After work and wine, I Take some red food coloring and empty it Into my bath water. I submerge myself and open my eyes Like looking backwards at the world through A liquid sunset. I push myself under water, squeaking Feet…

The Serious Writer Tracks His Stats

12971297 views77 comments44 favs

The officers carried him away in cuffs as he yelled "I NEED STATS! PLEASE! JUST GIVE ME THE STATS!"

Dead Kennedys

284284 views1313 comments55 favs

Death is both alien and intimate to us; neither wholly strange nor purely one's own.

On West 4th Street

13951395 views1010 comments44 favs

Across from the Hell Hole the Cage on Sixth pulses, sweats, swooshes, hot concussion as players play for keeps.

The Undertakers of the Dead by Unseen Hands(Young Poet at the Bus Stop with Some new Vinyl in his Hand)

19681968 views1919 comments77 favs

"The truth isn't always beauty, but the hunger for it is.'--Nadine Gordimer Other things do matter just as much of course. Of course they do. Hey I'm still kind of alive inside this poem here. At least I'd like to think so, so yes another…

10 Unofficial Jobs Jake Baker has Never Got Paid For

14691469 views99 comments66 favs

Not that their pa really needs the suitcase; he's been coming and going for so long it doesn't matter. The suitcase's just for show. A final goodbye.

Monopoly Money (Or the Lesbian's guide to seducing Straight Women)

4503145031 views66 comments11 fav

I met Lizzie after her break up with Brad. Big-Dick-Brad she used to call him. That’s ok, I’m not a man, I don’t have penis envy, I feel sorry for men who can’t please the masses like a fruiterer.

Light Eyes

11921192 views88 comments22 favs

Once, when he had been married for a year, she sent him a card which said, "If you have seen a cat smoke a pipe, you have got it made." There was an illustration of a big, black panther, standing up on its hind legs, smoking what looked like a big tub of

Crystal Tips

14761476 views44 comments44 favs

by the time he's moves onto knives, she has appeared in next door's window: sliver of nut-pale belly, fingers wet with suds, nails painted bright as glitterballs.

Shaken But Not Stirred

12701270 views22 comments11 fav

It happened right after I had taken my Uzi to work, retrieved it from my Brooks Brothers briefcase, and fired it upon my desk and its assorted discontents, their paper lives bunched together by clips and notary stamps of approval, now set flying and free. I then walked into…

Drinking

10921092 views00 comments11 fav

After you started drinking your meals and hating politics I wanted to climb inside, live in your stomach and dissolve. I wanted to make you see, hold you captive with arms stretched, pinned. listen again, swallow…

Blue/rings 7

476476 views00 comments00 favs

Blue Rings/Blurring

Fast

10971097 views22 comments11 fav

Everything seems still, but it's not.

The birds who coo

14851485 views55 comments22 favs

My mate and I are owned, but have freedom to take to the endless sky.

When I Met Ian Curtis

15971597 views99 comments66 favs

Okay, no freaking out. I mean, this isn't a suicide note. This is suicide fiction.

Noises

995995 views11 comment00 favs

Another noise, softer than the first: swish, thud. You are still. The house is very loud tonight.

Heroic

13591359 views22 comments00 favs

This is an older story that was inspired by research on naming conventions while trying to find record of my own ancestors in the Ukraine. I did not find them. Instead I was inspired to write this.