Most recent stories

Arcana Magi - c.29: Without a Fight

13631363 views00 comments00 favs

Alysia lifted her head and felt Reya wipe her tears away. She looked at her friends and smiled a little. Happy that she was not alone.

Driving Through The Dharma At Midnight

981981 views22 comments00 favs

Headlights pierce mist illuminate extraordinary shadows, shapes, presences Without substance without form In constant motion or not there at all. Thunder and rain wash away, wash away my blues Dream a dream of dreaming, Dream a little dream of me and listen to…

The Robotic Intelligence Test

977977 views11 comment00 favs

In the last test Anna barely managed to stay within the limit, but right now she had problems with her father in law who’s been luring her husband into alcohol, and with her husband who’s been luring the father in law into drugs.

Double Vision

943943 views33 comments22 favs

To conceive of them separated was unthinkable to every wet-eyed soul at the burial.

Heart

14631463 views1717 comments1111 favs

She drew her hands out of the chest cavity and looked at the clock. ‘Time of death,’ she said.

Why Is This Woman Smiling?

711711 views22 comments11 fav

I was at the doctor’s office They had a poster of the Mona Lisa and the caption underneath it read: “Why is this woman smiling?” Well, it wasn’t because she was over 50 and had yearly mammograms It was because she was 20 something

Zorks

12281228 views44 comments22 favs

The way things are looking, we haven't got long on this earth. The whole human race is in trouble. And forget global warming, the ground wars all over, the death of the oceans, Pat Robertson, that shit. Those are annoyances,…

The Secret of Big Sur

115115 views55 comments22 favs

When you sit long enoughthe low-lying scrubbegin to swaynot with the windbut of their own volition.It takes timefor them to trust youWhen you sit long enoughthe tree top brancheswelcome waves of fogand gently pushthe mist inland.It takes timefor the cloud-tide to rise.When…

What have you been doing with your life?

17081708 views33 comments22 favs

Homegirl wanted someone to love her so much they could suicide together.

bric a brac road

10571057 views22 comments11 fav

bric a brac road

Worth a Thousand Words

916916 views11 comment00 favs

He was triply satisfied: he’d come twice and he was a damn good-looking man.

Arrivals

996996 views33 comments11 fav

The poppers, the Viagra, the chorizo – all had been ordered and all had arrived.

I Scream

11981198 views1818 comments33 favs

she peeled back the white wrapper from around her ice cream sandwich slowly, methodically

That Does Me Good

879879 views44 comments00 favs

Your clothes had been burned and your skin washed. They kept your boots at my firm insistence. I saw them write your name on the card. The card was black, and the ink was black. The writing was shallow and scratchy. The box they filed the card into was black and so…

No Exit: Fantasy Football Edition

744744 views00 comments00 favs

Tony's is just a hole in the wall since most people get their sandwiches to go. There's a skinny counter, which was last wiped down during the second Clinton administration, and three tiny tables crammed into a corner.

J.D. Salinger's Toilet Put Up For Auction

10991099 views66 comments11 fav

Everybody will be talking about it on campuses across the country “Hey! You’ll never guess who’s toilet I bought. I’m not shitting you!”

Dog Days

14741474 views3636 comments1616 favs

A forgotten sprinkler is going in a neglected flower garden, water overflowing the bent wood borders and flooding the ground on either side.

Geisha Doll

10031003 views1111 comments11 fav

I imagined cool, wet clay oozing between my fingers when I'd squeeze a tight fistful.

How Veetzers Set Us Up For the Zorks

11711171 views11 comment00 favs

We're doomed as a species. The Zorks are coming to eat us. It all started when Joey Cacciatore, the dumbest crook in the history of the world, got Veetzers swarming like blowflies in 1972, and thereby ensured the upcoming…

Freedom

908908 views00 comments00 favs

His senses were heightened. The scratching on the table with his finger nails, intense nervousness, the noise magnified every second, the ball point pen was piercing into his sweaty palm.

Short Terms Plans

901901 views22 comments00 favs

It's going to be expensive, but it's booked and I am going to enjoy every single minute of it.

Christian Bell vs. Sleep

277277 views1111 comments44 favs

Christian Bell can’t sleep in/on the following: airplanes, car trips, couches, first nights in hotels, jury duty holding area, commuter train, work breakroom, tent, park bench, the ground.

Flush

13081308 views1010 comments33 favs

“No one likes an indecisive sexual partner.”

Handicapping the Saints

910910 views44 comments00 favs

I've been a fan of hagiography—the lives of the saints—since first grade when Claude Dunham and I were asked to represent St. Stephen and St. Sebastian, two martyrs of the early church, in a tableau vivant of bored boys.

We Will Elevate (Part Two)

13271327 views00 comments00 favs

The Buffalo group together in herds and are massive, intimidating creatures. You get the impression that--if desired--they could easily orchestrate a plan to stop you atop a hillside, then ram your car over the edge.

How To Rescue A Drowning Man

30923092 views2020 comments1111 favs

Maybe you should consider a few more things before embarking upon actual rescue, like: Is the victim hot? Not stove hot, idiot. Beauty hot. Will this be a triumph to save this person (like perhaps they are some Nobel laureate), or are you risking you

Dear Caddy

10511051 views55 comments44 favs

I would advise the younger you to change your underpants, and not to let those boys do the talking for you.

Loettoer to the oEditor: Poet Frioendly Town?

9292 views11 comment00 favs

Aftoer roenting for 11 yoears, the ownoers are soelling. I livoe with a poet. Thoeroe aroe no availabloe roentals that will loet moe koeoep him. I thought Carmoel was known to be poet-frioendly. Studioes show that poets hoelp poeople livoe longoer. Ploeasoe oexcusoe…

Good Fences

12301230 views22 comments22 favs

I built the fence myself, strong and high and aesthetically pleasing. It was high enough to provide privacy on both sides, but from my bedroom balcony I could see everything. More than I wanted to see.

Cow

12091209 views33 comments00 favs

“He looks funny again,” the twins would say. “Cow looks funny, Mummy.”