Most recent stories

Nothing

766766 views00 comments00 favs

Nothing is what was wrong when I asked.

Arasoi Chuugi

13221322 views11 comment11 fav

"We regret the inconvenience. Due to hijack activity, we have orders to secure this flight. Please remain seated. We will be landing shortly. Thank you for your cooperation."

Sinking to the beat

10731073 views66 comments44 favs

I'd wear my pajamas too, fitting for the big sleep

Exoskeleton

718718 views33 comments11 fav

Watching himself dissolve comes with no sense of meaning. It is simply what it is. He finds that curious.

"It's Just Breakfast" Fills Dating Service Niche

858858 views00 comments00 favs

"Too many people were presenting themselves in a false light on lunch dates,” she says. “The power ties on the men, the come-you-know-what-me pumps on the women–that’s not what married life is about.”

Osama Retires

10051005 views00 comments00 favs

Osama couldn’t see any reason he shouldn’t retire. No way he could top BP Oil in the Gulf or Pacific Gas & Electric in San Bruno.

Arcana Magi Memorial - c.5

12381238 views11 comment00 favs

Azure became silent. She never thought of her death before, nor thought about actually fighting creatures and saving people’s lives.

Watching the Clock

896896 views11 comment11 fav

Benjamin did everything by the clock. He ate when the little hand pointed to five and the big hand pointed to six. He danced when the little hand pointed to three and the big hand pointed to seven. He slept when they both hit twelve.To be more precise, he did everything…

fastened together in silks in the Chicago night

831831 views22 comments00 favs

I know our hearts were fastened together in silks in the Chicago night. In the great nurturing night, you were the (real) first. Yoked together, you were the first god to have complete leave of my body, for an hour, for all time, you were the first.

Loved, Stupid

10671067 views22 comments22 favs

I want to be adored for something and chose poetry to be that something adored for. But Annie doesn’t see why anyone would ever choose anything over love.

Fun New Year's Traditions From Around the World

890890 views00 comments00 favs

When New Guinea's president was a student at UCLA he received an A- in organic chemistry after watching a Joan Rivers Informercial. Each year he tries to re-create the magic of that moment.

Taikutsuna, Abburido, Boring

10471047 views88 comments33 favs

A Beatles haircut and loose Khaki painters overalls rendered the child sexless. He or she walked over to Hugh’s side and standing tiptoe peered into the casket. She, for Hugh had determined it was a girl, stroked the silk lining.

Reiki Master

12901290 views2121 comments77 favs

55 words, slightly naughty

Red and Lavendar Silk

10741074 views55 comments44 favs

Swatches of Chinese silk in vivid red and lavender fly through the air. My granddaughter in her mid-thirties reaches for the cloth. I see in her mirror a shape forming; a slim, gray haired woman with a spring in her step. I pause to admire my reflection and pass over the…

Someplace Else

10811081 views33 comments11 fav

Flish flash, flish flash, flicker of triangle lights. As he deparks, I say, “See that girl?” She crosses at the stop sign with blond hair flip, flash of white teeth: rips cookie from wrapper, drops wrapper on ground. “I bought her a…

Blind date

943943 views11 comment00 favs

“I'll have the Ribeye cooked medium rare,” says Bill, who looks over at Julia, blonde hair and disarming smile, and he thinks that she's not bad for a blind date. He doesn't like the way she butters her roll, however, and it agitates him that she spreads…

The Shared Transgender(er)

11511151 views22 comments11 fav

...I told Uncle Lou I thought it (trans-gendering) looked like a thoughtful way of occupying the world. It was a personal triumph, for some individuals, over the destructive affects of denial. Besides, it hurt no one, and it didn’t destroy property. I alw

For Starters

742742 views11 comment11 fav

A bar of chocolate stuck in pudding (don’t you see where this is going)

Spiral

679679 views66 comments11 fav

When collapse is a wave that curls the floor under itself I give myself to it

How Josh Met Emily

964964 views00 comments00 favs

“Well in opposite heaven every time you make scrambled eggs the shells break into a million pieces, then you spend eternity picking them out of the yolk.”

Flaming Beauty

11761176 views1010 comments55 favs

Okay, it was a long shot but who in that room wasn’t desperate to shift that shit? All our jobs depended on it.

Tumblring

998998 views22 comments11 fav

most interesting, i investigate all of this at 1:15 on a thursday morning and consistently contradict my assumptions while simultaneously validating them.

Battle of the Bulging British Bridesmaids

568568 views11 comment11 fav

A survey by “You & Your Wedding” magazine has determined that one in five British brides now requires her bridesmaids to sign contracts regulating their behavior and appearance.

I Don't Blame You

15611561 views1515 comments1212 favs

for going forthe river and being blinded by its millionsof invisible fish, all sparklinglike pink enchanteddreams made of rosequartz and shaped like glassroses, who would? I fell for an illusionaftermy own fashion,but I could alwaysadmit mymistakes and catcha laugh out…

How I Lost 1 lb Per Day

10711071 views33 comments11 fav

Warning: Open and read before making any dumb-ass New Year's resolutions.

Mad Max

11771177 views1212 comments1010 favs

When his wife left him, a friend told him that resentments were like canceled checks. You weren't going to get your money back.

Hot Cocoa and Bourbon

10591059 views00 comments00 favs

Walking into the living room and next to the tree, he handed his wife Kathy her Minnie and plopped himself on the couch. Their three kids, two girls and the youngest a boy, tore through the wrapping paper like a pack of rabid wolves tearing through a deer

is it a visible, or invisible thread?

709709 views33 comments00 favs

In another dream I am you and I am giving birth and the pages you have written are flying out of me one after another and appearing like speckled moths near the ceiling of your bedroom, and they have my eyes and some of them have yours. A soft singi

4 Margins

725725 views44 comments11 fav

The permanence of error.

Linda Vs. Sound

982982 views00 comments00 favs

Normally, after her shift, Linda would make herself a latte, untie her apron, and study at one of the tables. That evening, however, KEXP kept playing songs with grating guitar riffs, and loud laughers were everywhere. She chugged her coffee, burning her tongue. Then, she…