Most discussed stories

Cleavage Cont.

999999 views11 comment00 favs

"My tits, " she instructed "aren't for public consumption".Everything was actually muffled and my ears began to bleed because of how progressively louder the thumping was in the center of my chest. Stacy decided to emphasize her point of disliking the objectification…

Unspoken

999999 views11 comment00 favs

I'm waiting for your voice. My trembling hand is so damp the phone could slip from my fragile grasp at any moment. Each ring burns in my ear and makes the washing machine in my stomach tumble faster and faster. After three rings, or it could be four, or forty, I hear…

the plight continues

829829 views11 comment00 favs

but at least I wasn't drinking as much anymore.

Age is Relativity

10291029 views11 comment00 favs

Albert Einstein was probably the genius of our age. Joe Biden is a close second, yet Einstein not only had better hair but a keener knack to think of things that no one else could, or would, or would ever want to, since if they did, their brain would shockingly combust in a…

Hold on

984984 views11 comment22 favs

I slept and it was pleasant. Then there was the kiss, and it was hot. Later you turned away, and all was November chill. Now there are touches, caresses and shouts, Marvelous nights flavored with favors bestowed, and blackened days,…

True Lu

12711271 views11 comment00 favs

Lu peeked at his cards again. They were still jacks, and they still looked mighty nice.

My Morning Song is Better than Yours

13461346 views11 comment22 favs

And I just want to say that my morning song is better than yours. I want you to hear it buzzing in me like an old radiator. I want you to do what you’ve done before. To press your ear against the skin and listen for the static.

The Widow's Morning

10701070 views11 comment11 fav

Whispers flew, like wild darts across the room. I didn’t know what I was supposed to say. Right then, it wasn’t my job to figure things out; it was my job to cry.

Protein Transfer

14031403 views11 comment11 fav

Ham If you have never cooked a ham steak, you need not be afraid. The ham is often cut so thin that to over or undercook it is nearly impossible. The exterior reflects the centre better than any other meat; you will know when to stop.

Day Care

18131813 views11 comment11 fav

"This is where the children play," the woman said cheerily. She gestured toward the flat bed of a pickup truck. The edge was surrounded by a makeshift wooden fence that looked like it had been made out of old orange crates.

Seasonal Discord

17741774 views11 comment11 fav

“I killed a man.” “Whaaattt???” I'd been meditating on the sun. I figured he was trying to jolt me awake.

Faithless

11631163 views11 comment00 favs

She was now sitting in her bathtub. The warmth of the water made her pale, rich vanilla skin flushed with the fullness of circulation as her pores continued to allow the passage of her toxins from her system.

The Talking Pillow

744744 views11 comment11 fav

Once, To a crash slumber on my bed, so late, I learned my pillow could communicate. As I lay my head of lead at the head of the bed, My talking pillow said, "Let me be the foundations for the constructions of your dreams...

Born Here (from Grand Street literary journal)

12591259 views11 comment00 favs

I really only started reading books after the folks left. Right away I thought maybe I should have a system for it, so I go alphabetically by author, one book by one author. The first time around I was reading the books everyone knows, so when I was in th

Seamstress

939939 views11 comment00 favs

The cab split the thread of oncoming traffic into water barrels and telephone poles.

A Paris

623623 views11 comment11 fav

p

The Adventures of Tequila Kitty: Chapter 3 - by Brian Lepire

12401240 views11 comment11 fav

I’d made it to the motel parking lot when I heard the footsteps. A sombrero may make me look good, but it does shit for my hearing, so the bastards were able to scoop me up real quick. The first one gave me a hard slap on the top of the head with an opene

Myself in Opposition to You

859859 views11 comment22 favs

The Sunday sunset slowly simmers the sea.

Trick or Treat

915915 views11 comment11 fav

A Halloween drabble. Happy Halloween to all!

Party w/Your Parents' Siblings

15761576 views11 comment11 fav

Her mother sighed, fingering the faux-pearls around her neck. Barbara's neck tensed, almost as though the hair on the back of it would stand up: Here comes a platitude . . .

Ballad of Vengeance and Violence

521521 views11 comment11 fav

Two weeks later, on his way to a neighbor boy's house, Tim sees Tony on his way to the nearby convenience store.

Under Water

11481148 views11 comment11 fav

When I was six, my father brought home a fishbowl. Look out for the inhabitants, he said. You can play Neptune in their microcosm of the sea.

sirenia sirenia

755755 views11 comment00 favs

He leans back in the desk chair in his home office. He clicks on “Inbox” in his Gmail. He spins around in his chair. He clicks on “Inbox” again. As he spins again, he realizes how silly it is to keep clicking “Inbox” when Gmail…

Infamy

11161116 views11 comment11 fav

These were the kind of days children dreamed of. A warm sun shone over Coronado, California. December weather on the island did not prevent outside play. The wind off the bay remained soft, even if chilled. Church let out early. There was time to pla

Alone

924924 views11 comment00 favs

I wake up in the back of my car, sleeping amongst the junk and a steel trolley I had used to help someone move house. I feel for the door handle to let some of the cold, grey morning air in. I gingerly step out onto the pavement and my leg gives way as a cocktail…

The Cat Beneath the Off Ramp

823823 views11 comment11 fav

Like Smart’s cat Jeoffrey, he’s a mixture of gravity and waggery.

~the scent of dead roses~

13201320 views11 comment11 fav

i killed a poetic boy yesterday. the old ladies in theshadows swore at him when he was walking home proud ashell with a new pocketknife. they told him we dienext week so laugh like you got limes for balls. hecalled them drippy old vultures in his native tongue.they didn't…

A Cautionary Tale of Bike Swapping

12071207 views11 comment11 fav

There is no Vinny’s Liquor store as far as she can tell. She begins to think there is something odd, that people are jerking her chain, sending her on a fruitless mission. It feels familiar, like sorority hell week. Maybe there is no liquor store at al

13 phantasmagoric floats appearing in the Bird King's Chimeric Carnival

907907 views11 comment11 fav

1. Days of InnocenceFluorescent maggot men dance the flamenco.2. The Eyes of MedusaPythons and immobile pole dancers in grey body paint.3. GolgothaA drunken mechanical Christ grinds your bones to make his bread.4. Big Ape BollocksAlpha males slug it out in a cage made of…

While More She Tried to Babysit Me at a Party When I Was Stoned, But There Was a 'Block' Between Us. It's Why Since For Ever an

10961096 views11 comment00 favs

d anon., I've Had Trouble "Loosening Up." I've got to keep my pump primed, don't I?