Most discussed stories

Sold 2 Books Though

10781078 views88 comments77 favs

Reading at Menlo Park Senior Center, old people falling asleep leaning to the left in their chairs, all in the same direction.

No New Clothes for the Empress

317317 views88 comments66 favs

Because I was not sure if the poet had said yearn or urine, I zoomed in on her mouth as she commanded the lectern...

Elephantine

16671667 views88 comments33 favs

After like forever I remembered Seth was there, too. He was still on the levee's edge, but had drawn his legs up and crossed them, Indian-style. All of a sudden he was laughing.

Flavor of Law

872872 views88 comments11 fav

It’s funny how white people are so reluctant to reveal their ignorance of hip-hop culture. “There are a number of robust on-line tools that can assign randomly-generated rap nicknames to members of the federal judiciary,” I told him.

Merry-Go-Round

12181218 views88 comments99 favs

I thought the Ferris wheel was dumb. All it did was give you a high altitude view of the little Minnesota town where I had grown up.

Republican Presidential Candidates Haiku

11901190 views88 comments77 favs

If they were drowning,

Nothing to laugh at, at all.

12461246 views88 comments44 favs

The house had to be clean - I mean thorough-clean - when he got home from the pit for his tea, or he’d throw his plate at the wall and the gravy would run down onto the carpet. There was always gravy.

Brenda Bossy Pants and her Friends

115115 views88 comments44 favs

Women have been mean to women since Biblical times, Sarah and Hagar vying for Abraham's loyalty, to the Archie comics with best friend rivals Betty and Veronica. Usually the conflict is over a man, but it could be merely envy or a…

1970

11531153 views88 comments88 favs

deformed or retarded

The Taste in My Mouth

11491149 views88 comments11 fav

whose spit is this?

Out of Character

11741174 views88 comments77 favs

Co-workers have started calling him Jesus, Manson, Foghat, Doobie Brother, hippie, hipster, Grizzly Adams, Dude Lebowski... there’s really no end to it.

What Kiss

11591159 views88 comments55 favs

The women were increasing their writing in the restroom. I asked you later why women only talk on restroom walls, and you said, why do men only talk on restroom walls? I told you as much as I could remember of what had been written.

First Date

11101110 views88 comments55 favs

Both men sip their Cabernet Franc.

Wings

13561356 views88 comments66 favs

Every lunch time the numerous small jukeboxes that are distributed about the dining area fill the air with webs of King Curtis and Benny Goodman.

Two Little Words

12881288 views88 comments55 favs

I'll never be a Republican Megadonor or a Doomed Aviatrix. But I'm okay with that.

Everything the Traffic Will Allow

10661066 views88 comments77 favs

there’s more to life than poontang but not when you’re sixteen and your hands are full of heavy breasts

Slivers from the edge

526526 views88 comments66 favs

Four ships anchor Far off shore Chains slip Beneath the swell.

The Arms of the Forest

15631563 views88 comments55 favs

Watch me sleep. Say I'm lovely, marbled-white. Pretend my forest is other to me. Pretend I am what you have made me. The sugar-almond starlet. Your virgin. Your treasure to break into. Believe me unconscious. It is you who are the dreamer. Look how those thorny…

Until there is nothing left but the smallest of hands

205205 views88 comments44 favs

.

Delicate

761761 views88 comments55 favs

I'm not plagued with high levels. Must be all the raking I do. My pubes look as lush as my hair, so fire isn't even a concern. Maybe heat exhaustion is.This might be a poem,My oceans aren't small.

Two Cinquains

14391439 views88 comments44 favs

SPOT ON OUR LUNG We sense A stillborn dawn. A furtive, lurking gray, A sleight of dusk, eclipse, that follows Us. TITANIC'S LANTERNS Upon My rain-glazed panes Wet lights from neighbors glow Like lantern beams from shipwrecks…

THE NUMBERS

13821382 views88 comments22 favs

The Numbers will never romp up the stairs from the laundry room to slip warm socks on your feet on a winter’s night.

The Rug

12681268 views88 comments22 favs

Marge bought the rug on-line.

Wild turkey chase

849849 views88 comments55 favs

“Don’t ever call me that name, formal or informal, okay? Forget you heard it.”

Second Steps

674674 views88 comments88 favs

The train station offers a pleasant atmosphere, though it exists as an in between place. People only come here to go somewhere else.

Lavender, A Liberal

12181218 views88 comments1111 favs

Betty, batty from hormones, in a fanciful fit, named her daughter Lavender. Husband Don winced. Brothers Donald, John, Billy, and Tom were puzzled and pleased by this sister, this girl, who was a little bit like them, yet not like them at all. …

A Clue Found Aboard a Zen Mind's Floating Iceberg

13101310 views88 comments77 favs

I do so want to bring you into the sacred linguistically eternal loop of all ordinary things on earth, but it can so easily turn into a very sudden unsparing trapdoor, or a hissing angry knot tying up itself into even more tricky sorts …

Did I Tell You I Have Stripes On My Socks?

14541454 views88 comments55 favs

Kids are fascinated by me. Adults look the other way. Maybe it's my size. Or maybe it's the stories in the newspapers.

Flower-Gathering

27622762 views88 comments55 favs

I did not understand its meaning until college when I learned that Frost would take long walks—the inspiration for so many of his poems—and would leave his wife at home while he did. And just before he left, she would guilt-trip him just a little by walk

Commute

13451345 views88 comments44 favs

Fred's ruined face stared back at him from a fractured, mold-spotted mirror. The remains of breakfast pooled around his feet and a pair of lace panties clung to his shoe, glued there by God knew what. Bits of flesh were stuck between his yellow teeth, alo