Most recent stories

Elephant in the City

14111411 views1414 comments66 favs

No beeping of horns, just complete silence. No panic, just calmness. There’s this one word: serendipity.

I, TOO, DREAM....

11641164 views22 comments00 favs

A dream that seems Impossible When fresh blood soaks the ground

La insistencia de Jürgen Fauth

38063806 views33 comments11 fav

¿Qué habrá sucedido durante la invisible noche que se abre tras el sueño, esa Narnia en porciones individuales, para que el día se haya bestido, y con urgencia, de ira?Como si tubiera las manos bañadas en resina, intento limpiarme los ojos a zarpazos del filtro que…

Love Letters

20462046 views11 comment11 fav

I saw your soul like flesh through négligée, enigma moulding treasure from okay.

Men Don't Leave Me

39223922 views3131 comments1818 favs

He didn’t hug me. He didn’t hug any of us. Instead, he shook my hand, his grip so firm I felt the bones of my hands crumbling in on themselves.

Destiny Narrowly Avoided

10701070 views44 comments00 favs

Then it started extruding tendrils and tying them all into intricate knots.

The Talking Pillow

722722 views11 comment11 fav

Once, To a crash slumber on my bed, so late, I learned my pillow could communicate. As I lay my head of lead at the head of the bed, My talking pillow said, "Let me be the foundations for the constructions of your dreams...

Belonging

16421642 views22 comments11 fav

Don’t eat your lunch here For this is where the monsters sit.

Postcard from Shambhala

10881088 views33 comments22 favs

Dearest Z— There is no way to describe this place. It is a pendulum, caught at mid-swing or maybe just a millimeter on the up side. It is a sense of sweeping, a cleanness. Distant clouds remind me of the day we took the train and the mountains acted petulantly,…

Man On The Run

879879 views00 comments00 favs

Don't slow down, he said, time grows shorter every minute. So you pretended to stay young or cheated on your marriage or forgot to watch your children growing up, and still never found someone who could understand you.

What I Remember

17991799 views33 comments11 fav

“She’s in shock,” I heard my mom say, so I assume Jill must have asked how I was or why I wasn’t crying. I did not want to talk to anyone or have anyone talk about me, so I just watched the trees go by as we drove back home.

They know about fish

812812 views22 comments00 favs

A debacle has been scheduled for 11:45...

Wild Dreams of Reality, 4

13271327 views00 comments00 favs

It was days before Parker and I could even get up the nerve to look in each others' direction at the cafe. We kept trying to avoid the other's glance. But after a time things began to soften between us. I could sense it the day the tension began to eas

The Time Broker

31633163 views1818 comments1111 favs

When I finally met the time broker, he sat at an antiquated mahogany desk with no computer. He looked up and waited for me to speak. "Time for sale," his ad had advertised, and I was ready to pay

Test Day

14711471 views66 comments33 favs

“I need an ambulance, we found a baby in a ditch.”

Samuel Stoltzfus’ Divining Plate

15721572 views55 comments22 favs

It’s true that there are many accounts of fascinating Amish dinnerware, but none is more interesting than Samuel Stoltzfus’ Divining Plate, forged in 1881.

The Things I've Lost

967967 views33 comments00 favs

I might have avoided all of this trouble if. . .

Why'd You Come Back?

13821382 views00 comments00 favs

But there, up the street, just coming into the corner of the window, someone was in the middle of the road. Walking literally down the middle, dragging one leg like it was heavy or broken, carving a fat line next to the skinny one the good one made.

Scrawls From My Blue Period

14011401 views44 comments33 favs

The following was written under disagreeable circumstances, in that I was present for them.

Awakening

11611161 views11 comment11 fav

What? No, no, where did my world go? I was in the middle of… something. What's going on? What's stroking my face?

Whole Day Off

852852 views00 comments00 favs

...an aggregation of physical nature with the abstraction of 'applicabilty,' more than just a word, but a magickal spell that conjures technology out of ecology.

Tincture Shunt Lunch Box

883883 views33 comments00 favs

Most people don't understand what it's like being a pop idol. I am not most people. I am Tincture Shunt, and here I present you with my trajectory to stardom, in case you want to copy it for your own personal use. Unfortunately (for…

Scratch

13371337 views55 comments11 fav

'That November I washed my hair with rabbit's blood -"

The Despotic Elephant

753753 views22 comments11 fav

An elephant with fascist tendencies,And various exotic dependancies,Kept his eye on,That there King Lion,Frustrated by his monarchic propensities.He made plans to over-throw,Thinking the Lion's popularity low,But he was discovered,When his habits were uncovered,Which was…

The Philosophers' Problems

14201420 views66 comments44 favs

The day the thinking factory imploded everyone for miles knew there was a problem. The sound of the walls crumbling in upon themselves was heard for miles, or perhaps it wasn't.

A New Tattoo

21842184 views6060 comments2424 favs

She’s waving, Hey, I’m home! Like nothing’s happened. Like weeks haven’t passed since she left.

A mostly true story about a swine flu shot, with references to 3 ABC television shows and 1 Will Smith movie

10611061 views11 comment00 favs

Yellow tape marks a walkway that was previously unknown. Caution, caution. Lounge turned waiting room for a ballroom turned infirmary. An entrance, an exit, caution, caution. The line is of amusement park ride length. But no roller coaster at the end, only an antidote…

Hello, My Name Is James, And I Am An Asshole

16101610 views33 comments00 favs

By my calculations, all hell is uncoiling. At the moment, this fact is not really obvious to anyone, but I'm confident that will change soon enough.

Swan Song

16891689 views11 comment11 fav

He ignored his scalded scrotum and listened intently. The music was beautiful beyond all physical pleasure or pain. The end of the piece gave him a deeper understanding of the expression 'la petite mort'. While he was still recovering, the next track b

Trophy

12611261 views22 comments11 fav

I remember ...all the teenagers offered no-longer favored CDs, last year's cell phones, third-place trophies, team jerseys, played-out videogame cartridges, and candy-colored miniature stuffed animals...