Most recent stories

Popeye

546546 views1515 comments77 favs

In one of the cartoons I watched as a child, Popeye the Sailor gives Olive Oyl a bouquet of flowers. She is thrilled, he walks on air, thinking they will marry. His one-eyed heroism is soon challenged by Bluto however, who pours cement into Popeye's bath. It goes…

RUSSIAN ROULETTE

507507 views33 comments33 favs

“What the hell was that? Is that your take on The Deer Hunter?”

Bohemian Grove

783783 views00 comments00 favs

“Why, that's the faggotiest thing I've ever heard of!” Richard M. Nixon actually said. But how could he say that? Henry went there. …

Alive

437437 views44 comments22 favs

Imagine this: One day you are walking down the street (wearing your protective mask, of course, the cloth one you bought the other day because you liked the color and design) when, by chance, you happen upon a strange sight.

obituary unsolicited

436436 views66 comments55 favs

po-mo parchments piled high deep: / credentials earnest transcripts earned / coursework scholarships helpt buy.

The writer as pugilist - one more time

431431 views99 comments77 favs

I'm cool. You're not. Attitude is everything in life.

FRAT JERK (1960s)

407407 views44 comments44 favs

I threw my cards on the table. The jerk was playing his classical records again. I could hear that lousy music a mile away and he was the kind of kid that makes your skin crawl. But he had a CD sound system and it was up loud this time so that the house

Lemon Citron

572572 views66 comments66 favs

Here it comes at long last. We just can't do it like that again. We don't have the same time. But something's wanting something more to be more than this. Here it comes again. But you bailed on me the last time around. Went silent as a…

In the Dark

576576 views88 comments33 favs

In the dark I rode naked feeling quite exposed...

Trapeze Artist

517517 views1515 comments1313 favs

Solitude is such an excellent alternative to suicide.

Changes Are

516516 views22 comments11 fav

When people drastically change everything about themselves repeatedly, don't they eventually just end up alienating everyone?

GIVE FEEDBACK FOR START OF NOVEL

473473 views1010 comments44 favs

Hi fellow writersThis is a proposed start of novel.Protagonist is Flor "the urchin"her grandfather, whom she hated when he was alive (and vice versa) is seeing her life from the void, he has died.Please offer any feedback or thoughts you may have, all are appreciated.Here…

Hide and Seek

390390 views44 comments33 favs

In September she had been wise.

Main Street

344344 views11 comment00 favs

You know when you see the flashing blue lights in your rearview mirror that you're not being pulled over because of a busted taillight or carelessly doing fifty in a thirty-five mile an hour school zone; your crime is being a Black man behind the wheel. It happens often…

(give me a real moment with a living god and I’ll go all the way)

407407 views1010 comments55 favs

I remember, when I was selling real estate, how you could always tell when there'd been a divorce. One room was conspicuously left emptied of its contents, and these rooms were never swept or tidied. Instead they were left just as they were when the par

Rose Hill

562562 views1515 comments88 favs

angels and lambs drunkards and whores

George H.W. Bush

791791 views00 comments00 favs

George H.W. Bush took his cock out and began stroking it. “The Reverend Sun Myung-Moon, of course, is a good friend, and the Washington Times[1] is an independent source.” He…

AltspaceVR

416416 views44 comments44 favs

BelizeIn Belize there is muddy water. Rivers turned brown from the silt and clay of the soil. Water that looks like chocolate milk but the kind of chocolate milk that came in a box like a juice box and not a carton. That type of chocolate milk.Belize comes from an old…

Among the Missing: Family and War

477477 views77 comments44 favs

As Sebald says, I grew up in the shadow of war....

what time is it really is it?

710710 views88 comments77 favs

. . . the roar of fire speaks lasting heat . . . .

My Life on Discord

774774 views99 comments77 favs

I’m on Discord but I don’t know how to do anything.

Old Man in the Tub with MacGyver

613613 views88 comments66 favs

One final herculean strain, if it didn’t kill him might get him at least to his knees.

Paper Thin

661661 views88 comments55 favs

She slipspaper thinshe ripspaper thin

YOUR TONGUE

547547 views11 comment11 fav

I will try

Gather Round

629629 views44 comments22 favs

When they first brought me home, I was their pride and joy. Then, one day, they put me in this wooden box.

They Know Better.

878878 views22 comments11 fav

Fat Yasmin and Greg Lane were quite a couple. They held hands a lot. She was a mound of shit. “She had to go…

Yesterday

588588 views1111 comments88 favs

played-out

WHAT I LEARNED IN HEBREW SCHOOL

542542 views77 comments66 favs

There was a big pile of dirt in back, where the little Hebrew School bochurs would play King of the Mountain—tugging, tearing, biting, punching, using whatever weapons they could get their tiny hands on to topple whoever scrambled up the mound first.

All the Places

513513 views55 comments44 favs

we went to together are now, according toyou, not to be believed. A memory of athought of a memory, of an arrow. There isno earth. There is no sun. There are no stars. All theplaces we went to together are to be paused,allowed to fade into never. The river is to be…

beginning

526526 views1515 comments88 favs

time lost in darkness