Most read stories

Professional Judgment

852852 views33 comments11 fav

Biting my tongue instead of lashing red stripes

A Political Man

852852 views22 comments22 favs

There's a potent multimedia declaration Flying eagles starred and striped Mocking cartoon independence Where every promise shines Not every veteran's hero Chequered drug misuse Glorious public relations Concealed a…

The C.I.A. is trying to kill my GRANDMOTHER!!!

852852 views88 comments55 favs

Don't forget to fuck me. Blow me. Suck me. Don't forget to fuck me. [REPEAT 2X]

The Art of Pizza

852852 views00 comments00 favs

He’d eaten every kind of pizza from the most sublime to the foulest.

Old Friends Getting Older

852852 views33 comments11 fav

I just amuse myself by buying old guns and refurbishing them in my basement as I listen to old Bohemian polkas on cassettes.

Oh Captain, Good Captain: Part IV

852852 views00 comments00 favs

Oh Captain, Good Captain I went where you asked of me But now I'm back home And things are so clear to me The liquors been drained So my eyes have dried finally I'm seeking her out So her voice can stop haunting me When I see his face I'll…

Skinburn

852852 views00 comments00 favs

I wrinkled my face up in the glare and warmth of the sun. I baked easy in the hovering heat and my spot-speckled skin ate up the rays and swallowed deeply.

Homonyms Explicated

852852 views55 comments55 favs

right/rite: Your touch smooth as impulse/ Swaying my mind

Pilot Wannabe

852852 views44 comments44 favs

We were both looking up at the rainy sky, while the big jet barely moved through the clouds, coming in for a landing at Oakland between storms. It sort of reminded me of 911, the way they just seemed to hover above us, barely moving, like they were poss

Holocaust Car Wash

852852 views44 comments00 favs

There was always something about the air in the deep south. The summer air. It was always so thick. So heavy. Joey didn't notice. He didn't know any better. He had lived in Savannah all six years of his life. He did remember the one time his father and…

Little Max

852852 views00 comments00 favs

“It’s not a bad preschool. You kinda get used to it. You ever been to one before?” Little Max asked the new boy, Sam. Sam shook his head no.

Lentil Soup

851851 views00 comments00 favs

"You're my husband, for chrissake!"

Starlight Standup

851851 views77 comments66 favs

They wink at me as if to share/ a cosmic joke whose punch line’s still/ a couple dozen light years out

Six Hours

851851 views22 comments00 favs

My cell phone shakes; it’s my father’s voice calling my name - so far away - with long distance crackle and panic on the line.

Why Must I Wait

851851 views44 comments11 fav

I WILL play with it. I WILL bend it. Use it every day. MAKE it work.

Because the night

851851 views00 comments00 favs

I glance back over my shoulder as you fumble with the keys. Repeatedly. You swear a little under your breath. You finally locate the proper one and the large door swings open. I hold it as you run over to the alarm keypad. You punch in the code written on a…

Launch Day

851851 views44 comments22 favs

the echo of the hull's first contact with the water will pull the past through the present and the present into the past.

Where in daytime nothing is

851851 views44 comments00 favs

I had imagined what it must be like / out there in the middle place

Sweet Charity

851851 views00 comments00 favs

Troy approached the podium and cleared his throat.

NOLA's Nightcap

851851 views00 comments11 fav

I need to be commended, despite the wine glass that threw itself at your sister's head of rollers. Imagine a pear in the deli meat aisle ripening behind glass...

Unguent

851851 views22 comments22 favs

Spilled milk it is --lactate of common desire;water under the bridge, slow-moving, white. So this is what we feed on: the past and present here for the licking.Sweat is water too,for the hungry, and any past will do. Parched mouths kiss just as well as…

Abletofly: Latest Drug: Read Before Use

851851 views11 comment22 favs

With Abletofly you will be able to fly and the feeling will be overwhelming! That’s right, Abletofly. A few warnings and precautions are in order, however: Don’t try to drive a car if you experience an erection lasting more than eight hours.

BOLT-TOGETHER

851851 views22 comments00 favs

I will watch your teeth measure the highway all the way home.

Robins

850850 views1313 comments55 favs

Pine nerves spike and row.

Tending Toward Inertia

850850 views33 comments00 favs

She meets her old dance instructor, named Ira, in the back of a bus that wheezes & squeaks. The passengers seem to deny the small clouds of white exhaust

The Tall Man’s Secret

850850 views33 comments00 favs

I turn the corner and come face to face with Ed, who's stark naked at the kitchen sink. He chugs a glass of hot tap water from a measuring cup and belches loudly. “Good morning,” he says, as he pisses in the sink. “I drink 6 cups of hot tap…

Watching the End of the World from the Beginning of a New Revolution

850850 views55 comments55 favs

We were always going to be here. This isn't thebig reveal. It's not even the best last joke. That's to come. Like the apocalypse that it always wants tobe, like playing with the big planet gods. Nothing says we're all doomed like another cold beer. Wave the…

Beauty

850850 views11 comment11 fav

When you happen upon my thoughtsA profoundly joyous feeling bathes me in its wavesFrom the earliest days and still continuingThis emotion builds itself into an intense stormSo strong as to have me smitten in the single beatOf my heartWhen our eyes meet, my heart stirs out…

s'mores

850850 views22 comments33 favs

hot, full focused, hypnotic

A Proper Passsing

850850 views11 comment00 favs

He trudged up the steep, antique, spiral staircase to his study. Many hours had been spent in the sanctuary of this room, studying, praying, sleeping; however, now his intentions were much different.