Most read stories

Arcana Magi Zero + Pure - c.4

823823 views00 comments00 favs

Everyone kept up with Nemo until the scent led them to the edge of the city. The elders sniffed the ground and found Satoshi’s scent into the stoned woods.

I Wish There Was A Way

823823 views77 comments55 favs

To still make Emily smile. Even Today. On the street where Paper lives and works I'm Making this small effort out Of a few stray letters and An attitude like a chip On the kicked about shoulder. I don't Know, I think she deserves it. …

Five Million Yen: Chapter 37

823823 views00 comments00 favs

-Serves you right, you double agent bitch, spat Arris.

Robins

823823 views1313 comments55 favs

Pine nerves spike and row.

Her Sunday Story

823823 views33 comments00 favs

She turned on the television. The newscaster was her husband. She changed the channel. Her husband interviewing her husband. She changed the channel. A baseball game. Her husband pitched to her husband who popped a fly ball which was caught by her husband

Reconciliation

823823 views33 comments00 favs

Deciding what is important from the life of a man that you haven't spoken to in ten years was a task that had seemed impossible at the outset. But now, here she stood, having done just that.

Playground

823823 views66 comments22 favs

The Keds-stubbed grass, toy trucks without wheels, and Band-aids threaded in the sand… Most parenting is vigilance. Seconds ahead of its own sound, a passenger jet spears the heights not far above the treetops, …

Spring Darkness In the Age of Video

823823 views11 comment33 favs

This spring darkness is winding around my neckin the age of video, how many times I've seen her at the zoowith your eyes, as if seeing for the first timeher early morning breath, tripping your woman, your angelas she arrived on the beach when it was still too dark to see…

Five Million Yen: Chapter 22

823823 views00 comments00 favs

-Looks like you could use some light, Austerlitz, said one of the men in a heavy Russian accent, or perhaps you prefer the dark?

Semiotics For Sale

823823 views00 comments00 favs

Buy random DNA on the open market and drive a poisoned stake into the heart of darkness.

Sulfur and Wishes

823823 views00 comments00 favs

Some mornings he would wake up with his hand in the curve of her side. But her scent would awaken him further to his reality. This was not his wife. No, the women he vowed to protect was asleep in the arms of another.Lost to adultery, his dreams fell to…

If the Shoe Fits

823823 views55 comments33 favs

I didn’t say to eat your keys and parrots. It was peas and carrots. Idiot!

No One

823823 views00 comments00 favs

No One The city he abandoned lies below him. It's been years, so many tears. He admires the remains of the White City, The Shed, rooted ahead. He jaunts through Roosevelt Train station, hassled by the acrid stench pollinating the area. I…

Strut

823823 views00 comments00 favs

The devil ran in my blood.Scars chase each other on my skin.One year old, I fell down the stairs in my walker.Five years old, I fell out of a tree while convincing my older sister to climbthe outlawed tree.At six I rode my bike down the biggest hill in the…

A Memo From The CEO

823823 views22 comments11 fav

Over the last 30 days we have seen a radical decrease in our revenue stream. Our Q3 earnings fell dramatically short of what we had projected, and as a result the leadership team has had to look at some difficult cost-reducing measures.

Diet Plans

823823 views22 comments11 fav

She positioned the mouse cursor over the word Bikini and double clicked. The hard drive of the ageing work PC chugged into life as an Excel document dragged itself onto the screen.

For You

823823 views22 comments22 favs

Why should you go through that for me?

Nodding Off in the Paper Airplane Assembly Line

823823 views44 comments44 favs

The world's anxious fire breathing mob still wants in, but they don't know what in the smoke they are looking for. They aren't really thinking in that intellectual direction. All these wonderful, friendly books you see do not hold the answer or…

Shaken not stirred

823823 views33 comments22 favs

The warmth of the sun

Twilight Is Merely A Shade of Color

823823 views22 comments11 fav

Its edges fluttering in the dull breeze, today's town newspaper lay at my old feet, open to the obituary page.

Cakewalk

822822 views00 comments00 favs

She could estimate herself around 30, though this was debatable since she had stopped counting years ago. She looked like a person who would be very pretty if she wore make-up, but she didn’t and therefore wasn’t.

Couch Potato Blues

822822 views33 comments33 favs

Whenever I get the urge to write a poem I try to talk myself out of it.

Fossil Beach

822822 views1515 comments1212 favs

hiking to Fossil Beach

fields of gold

822822 views22 comments22 favs

The son stood on the porch with his grip packed. "I'm off to mine me a fortune a gold, Daddy." "Boy, there's a fortune in gold right here," said the father, indicating the ripe wheat, glowing in early morning sun. The kid slumped. "Pop, you turn over a rock there,…

Saturdays with Satan

822822 views44 comments33 favs

You know what's wrong with Hell these days? Do ya? It's too fucking corporate. Too commercial.

The Day of the Dust Devils

822822 views22 comments11 fav

The main street has turned into the lowland of dust devils, with the red sun scorching, continuing to serve the living like a giant blood pentacle.It looks like a heathen ritual invoking an ugly looking God with wings or horns, but beneath the whirlwind of rising…

"Not like a duck"

822822 views33 comments11 fav

with its head cut off

gravelortian part 12

822822 views22 comments22 favs

He said I was doing it all wrong Opened up his ghastly mouth

Crack in the Cosmos

822822 views22 comments22 favs

There’s a crack in the cosmos, and pink is leaking through. There’s a crack in the cosmos, fix the sink, the toilet leak. There are many cracks in the cosmos, numerous. This is how time escapes. Good grief, they’re going to suck the cream

Edith Head's Heady Day

822822 views33 comments22 favs

Rain dressed for winter, a win, she thought