Most discussed stories

Satellites

821821 views00 comments00 favs

The end, she thought, when did we end? She knew it had to end. Ten months in and it was no different from the day they met. Then again, the day they met it seemed as if they’d known each other ten years. That was the nature of their relationship she

When Dreams Come True

763763 views00 comments00 favs

None of them knew the emptiness my bravado covered. I moved through life a pale shadow of a being. In the mornings I was afraid when I went into the bathroom to gaze into the mirror I would find no reflection staring back at me, that I had finally become

Arcana Magi Zero - c.3

11191119 views00 comments00 favs

Alysia tried to focus on what was important, but it was too much to bear. She was ready to dive down when a shot of wind blew past her, causing her and Megumi to lose control over their gliders.

My Daughter Belongs In a Mental Home

13301330 views00 comments11 fav

[............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................]

Puppet X, 5

472472 views00 comments11 fav

A man learns too late How small deer laugh It’s true When a man goes mad Ropes come down from the clouds He cannot be sure of anything Anything The way’s uncharmed He thinks someone else’s strange thoughts And it all seems a simple

Creating Raoul

652652 views00 comments00 favs

Randall had created Raoul to enjoy the freedom of being another person, but this became his second life crisis.

My Insides Are Made Of Water

982982 views00 comments00 favs

I am the ocean. My soulless organs live in all of its motionless movement. I am the low. The high. The in between. I am nothing. Back and forth, I simply float along: existing, rising, and then falling into a life that can be considered one big decision left…

Eyeball

894894 views00 comments00 favs

"Here's the bad news: you have to wear a patch over your eye for the next six weeks."

The beginning of the end

753753 views00 comments00 favs

(...) I know my eyes are shut and I’m on the kitchen floor but I see her and I’m not confused. (...)

Uninspired

11931193 views00 comments00 favs

She wanted to have an eating disorder, but she liked food too much to stop eating it and hated the taste of vomit mixed with tooth paste.

Arcana Magi Memorial - c.1

13461346 views00 comments00 favs

Azure spent these years learning how to harness the four elements and find the four creatures that shackled her.

Nineteen in '72

911911 views00 comments00 favs

bursting girl there is no moon

Dust Scars

790790 views00 comments00 favs

A gurgle of sugar on bark-splotch or blips. A mess: blueprints, radar, or wrench. Lips swell neon blood. So much spit, the lunar tremors. Manipulated, blur flutter flicks. To lungs: choke on scraps of metal, lumber, nuclear. Stir the embers. She's a bone bath for…

yaaaay i got the job at deutsche bank!!!!! 5 people like this.

13711371 views00 comments11 fav

you'll call it jealousy, but i promise youit's really not, because i wouldn't liketo have your life any more than i wouldmine. because really, i lead a life notunlike that of a housecat, knockingaround and getting spooked by closingdoors when i know nobody is in. what…

Apathy

756756 views00 comments00 favs

There are several people I do not care for much at all—annoying cretins, blasé philistines, or godawful narcissuses—and I do not care much for caring about such people when I encounter them, which unfortunately happens quite often like some cruel lottery where I…

Arcana Magi Memorial Vol.5 - c.2

10811081 views00 comments00 favs

Azure was overwhelmed by white everywhere. Her eyes lost focus when she looked at the colors of Miri’s outfit, even her clothes.

Spilling Sand

10011001 views00 comments00 favs

“You do understand my skepticism Mr. Randolph? This is your 7th appointment this month, you do realize that don’t you? This being the 3rd time you have thought that you might have cancer.”

Because the night

835835 views00 comments00 favs

I glance back over my shoulder as you fumble with the keys. Repeatedly. You swear a little under your breath. You finally locate the proper one and the large door swings open. I hold it as you run over to the alarm keypad. You punch in the code written on a…

Rash Reading

882882 views00 comments00 favs

I got a rash under my wedding ring. I took the ring off and filed for divorce the next day. Mike begged me to stay. But when you can't trust your judgement, you have to trust the signs. Mommy had a rash like that. I used to see it in the shower. People think it's…

For Some Grandparents, Last Goal is to Be Grandkids' Favorites

954954 views00 comments00 favs

At Christmas, the van de Kamps made the trip to suburban Downer’s Grove and presented Courtney with a t-shirt saying “My other grandma is a grim battleaxe.”

The Web

713713 views00 comments00 favs

The vibration of my cell phone on the nightstand shakes my brain awake. It always does. These are the times it bothers me most. When I am in that deep sleep. The kind of sleep you fall in, after you wake up the first time and then roll back over in the early…

Bottles of Happiness

764764 views00 comments00 favs

She sold bottles of happiness at the marketplace. She woke up at dawn every morning to capture rays of happiness in the air. She would jump and let her fingers thread through each ray before sorting them into bottles. She always added a red ribbon to the tops of each…

Pink Tights, Tu-Tus and Schmaltzy Music

526526 views00 comments00 favs

And then I get a call from a different kind of bar They say you’re drunk on Cosmos and actin’ quite bizarre.

Walking To Gibraltar, Chapter 6: In Which Moral Boundaries Are Set

987987 views00 comments00 favs

The first time they were separated, he rediscovered music and writing.

Ambrosia

846846 views00 comments00 favs

Night's chill had yet to hand over his canvas to morning's warmth as I left the city limits to begin my pilgrimage, as I did every morning, before dawn. I parked my car on the asphalted roadside preferring to walk the final two miles to the abandoned homestead. …

Morir Soñando

15971597 views00 comments00 favs

While Erik rubs my back, I fall asleep. I'm not lying on my bed in Florida - I'm face down on the pavement outside Brooklyn Pharmacy. And it's not Erik's hand smoothing oil of cassis into my skin, but that Officer Green's meaty one gripping me . . .

The Great Divide

955955 views00 comments11 fav

On the ridge in front of them, appeared a creature, neither man had ever seen before, standing taller than their horses, the strange beast walked on two powerful legs...

Three Little Ways

12411241 views00 comments00 favs

There are three ways I can love you, not even half of one more.

Galactic Bow Shock Romance

753753 views00 comments00 favs

Somewhere outside of the future I am seeing Weinberg, the duplicate failed mimeographed onto the front of ourselvescompromised composite grown from a codependent blastocyte talking to the boxes on the edge of tomorrow, collectiblecrystal lined folliclesharvested at the peak…

The Affair

713713 views00 comments00 favs

Mine lasted 90 days. But don't they all? After we made love the first time, it was early November, I remember, some internal part of me shot upward with a laughter that would not stop. Something…