Most discussed stories

Serial Killer

14841484 views22 comments33 favs

Once Mom finally came to terms with the fact that my brother was gay, she became convinced he was a serial killer. “He has all the signs,” she told me as she trimmed my hair. “Signs?” I asked, watching her in the…

New Year's Resolution

780780 views22 comments00 favs

“Hey, come on and sit down,” Jake motioned to her. It was three in the morning and after way too many gins the last thing Melisa wanted to do on New Year’s Eve was to chat with her ex-boyfriend. In fact if she had known he was goin

Why They Cried: Roy

15011501 views22 comments11 fav

“Where did it go? You don’t know do you?” he teased the dogs as he adjusted the bottle rocket he had twisted into the ground at his feet, trying to find the optimal path.

Dear Earth, On the Occasion of Your 40th Earth Day Birthday

969969 views22 comments11 fav

Everyone is tromping around in work boots like an army of happy gardeners. The park is smiling from all this attention, from the sound of kids who think work is play. It's not even sunny but we don't mind. I know you don't. Grey days are just as good. They've…

Puppet X, 16

797797 views22 comments00 favs

When we lie down under the wind the trees swaying looking out over the fields soft cobweb of a brain exposed to hail exposed to snow trying to back away from it unable knowing the earth (the face it will take) our

Babbling

989989 views22 comments00 favs

She’s gotten more involved in the game with menopause.

ID

11301130 views22 comments22 favs

He does not read what he’s giving them permission to do to him, just signs the release.

The Amber Sea

10761076 views22 comments00 favs

There is no life here, only a bleak slab of frozen desert and a sorrowful wind that calls for me to venture out.

A Piece of the Sky

11411141 views22 comments11 fav

For the briefest moment, she was part of the sky. She hung there. Frozen. Suspended. Arms outstretched. She thought maybe she could take off flying, if she strained against gravity hard enough. She would soar into the pale blue until she reached the clouds. They …

Luminous Nights, 4

688688 views22 comments11 fav

When my brother returned from his appointment with this eerie investor fellow in the silent Rolls Royce Silver Arrow, he appeared in my room in dark blue sweats with a broad white stripe, and he herded me into the living room where everybody including F

The Greatest Science Fiction Story Ever Told

10111011 views22 comments11 fav

“Apollo twenty-two. Come in.”, the voice crackled through the speakers of the aircraft. There was only silence broken by a solitary meow and the slight whistle of oxygenated air through the ventilation system. “Captain Snuggles, now that you…

What It Is Like

10271027 views22 comments22 favs

They read poetry to each other. They met at the local drugstore, after he spotted Tropic of Cancer jutting from her bag. He asked her if she’s finished it. “Nothing like Fifty Shades of Grey,” he said. They laughed. He said: “Come to our book club later.

“What will I do if I run out of stories,” she asked?

552552 views22 comments00 favs

You better not come home drunk, you shithead, or you'll be sleeping in the yard!

Dragonfly

13351335 views22 comments00 favs

You surprised me then, / climbing onto my finger: / climbing into my heart. / Your long, cobalt body felt weightless on my hand.

Peace be with you

858858 views22 comments22 favs

Published in Calamities Presshttp://calamitiespress.com/2014/08/24/peace-be-with-you-slippy-realism-by-joao-cerqueira/ Peace be with you Jesus returned to earth by walking down the middle of…

Apocalyptica

932932 views22 comments11 fav

Apocalyptica 1. the portent holds you while you try for solace in the bath anticipating the opened mouth the one that cannot close after and there is a knotting inside of joints and threads poised so delicately in the waiting …

Meeting Adjourned

12011201 views22 comments11 fav

Once a month I fuck the boss. It’s not part of my job description. We have a meeting in her office, after thirty minutes she opens the door to what appears to be a storeroom but is actually a well-appointed fuck chamber ...

Ghostbusting

11241124 views22 comments11 fav

Jill's number was flashing on Carol's caller ID. Jill, the baby sister she had practically raised after their mother died of a stroke when Carol was 12. It had been months since they'd talked. Jill had been avoiding Carol because Jill's idiot husband Mark…

Nemesis' Rainbow

10671067 views22 comments11 fav

The moon has a cloud pass before it. The strop has a razor pulled up-and-down, up-and-down, up and down against it.

Play Pen

10721072 views22 comments00 favs

we're only playing with this language you and I

Mr. Twitchy

15271527 views22 comments11 fav

I used to think the world was fucked and it was up to me and me alone to see it unfucked. That's really what I used to think, but I've been trying to work on that. It's not a particularly flattering characteristic I have. I'm trying to be more positive.

When The Conversation Ends

11321132 views22 comments11 fav

It was a strange mood, unfamiliar, not one of her usual “I'm busy wrestling with my personal demons” type of moods. She'd been steeped in it all day and I, like a shipwrecked victim reaching out for any piece of flotsam…

Longing For The Sea

10761076 views22 comments00 favs

The sighs of the nearby shore came to me through an open window.Wave after gentle wave caressed her broad, sand crusted skin. Mesmerized, I lay still.The in out sound of breathing now filled the room.Your warmth enveloping me like the satin…

Black Malibu

764764 views22 comments11 fav

The boys back in the rental office must be wondering why we haven’t left yet. Maybe they thought we just wanted to sit in the car and listen to music.

Darkness On My Mind

925925 views22 comments00 favs

Darkness on my mind doesn't make me blind.

The Audacity of My Ass

743743 views22 comments22 favs

But then there were car windows bashed out on both sides Glass on the ground like Kristallnacht

How to Have a Fulfilling Sexual Relationship with Your Own Parents (Part Two)

18131813 views22 comments22 favs

Hi, I'm Harmony Korine. I esteem douchebags.

The Nude Pianist: A Novel: Chapter 11

841841 views22 comments11 fav

Michiko never telephoned Frank from Washington or Chicago.

Before I Die

634634 views22 comments11 fav

...to know they are not alone

A speck on the wall

677677 views22 comments11 fav

I’m leaning into my freedom and will have you take your portable prison with you and you can set those four walls across town.