Most discussed stories

Pete Jones' Canadian Bacon Pizza

11701170 views44 comments00 favs

What the hell is seeded?

Burning

13461346 views44 comments33 favs

When she told me to write itI did; I scratched out what I wanted to sayin quick print letters. Not all of it.I could never get it all out in an hour but thegeneral idea was definitely there. We had to finish it in the rain becausewe couldn't light the…

loose threads

10511051 views44 comments22 favs

Blankets were always her undoing.

Do the Funky Penguin--With T.S. Eliot

14101410 views44 comments33 favs

True story: T.S. Eliot introduced Virginia Woolf to new dance steps including the Grizzly Bear and the Chicken Strut.

A Serial Killer’s First Day in Medical School

10581058 views44 comments11 fav

To rival the professor in his knowledge of various body parts is impossible ...

The Stick

13751375 views44 comments22 favs

When you finally got blood from the hard stick You spotted the backflash of red And said Thank God. The woman’s legs and arms Were everywhere, and you were in the middle Holding her down with one hand while wielding A butterfly in the other. You stuc

Deer Doctors Black Earth

996996 views44 comments33 favs

The doctor bargained with us enough but I kept saying “give it a thousand years and we'll think about it.” He seemed to mean well and be smart enough to not be feeding us snakes, but he wasn't a praying man and I couldn't see past that look he used to give my…

Diary of a Marriage (2)

12871287 views44 comments00 favs

I don’t know what to make of this new territory we have stumbled into neither by accident, it seems, or design. Is there a map to be found?

Alyssa

10101010 views44 comments33 favs

Before the paint spikes Coney Island to the wind, I walk home through the strum of a shield, colder than the one he left behind. For the hour I sprawl along the sidewalk in her laugh, crater's shadows for Wonder Wheel, he is midnight sun in The Last Waltz. Where the glow…

The Nude Pianist: A Novel: Chapter 45

794794 views44 comments22 favs

Rent yourself a decent place to live, one with a shower.

The Poor Little

16831683 views44 comments44 favs

Wow. I’m just going to say it/ That’s one ugly little girl you’ve/ Made for yourself. But now someone/ Will miss you when you’re dead.

Write me a Will

10501050 views44 comments44 favs

Write me a Will you laughing boy,

No Fat Chicks

951951 views44 comments11 fav

I have to look closely to be sure But they are there Bold stickers on three sides of the truck's cab Porcine cartoons Cutely admonishing No fat chicks! I am enraged Who does this guy think he is? This contractor's helper who makes …

flash

824824 views44 comments44 favs

you're landscape under her flight path, brother one dash in a dotted line

I Fall in Love Too Fast

978978 views44 comments22 favs

It was Wednesday, the papers had a food section that day, so the gap-toothed news hawker at the mouth of Winter Street would yell out “Foozection! Foozection!”

During My Daily Commute

736736 views44 comments44 favs

in moving cars i am small; in moving cars i am invisible.

Poetry: Bizarro

13161316 views44 comments11 fav

I think theorems and hypotheses but all that comes out is punching and smashing frustrated hate flows where I'd prefer to know love.

Go Ahead, Be the Opposite of Love

502502 views44 comments33 favs

"Living is easy with eyes closed/misunderstanding all you see.'--John Lennon That's an ache that's always inside me. How you'd rathertreat people as if they don't matteras much as some nice sounding words in a song. Their voicesas less than an annoying wind? Because…

Swimming

16631663 views44 comments33 favs

I held on to the edge

Melliflua and the Fauns

19741974 views44 comments33 favs

In the land of Nebbia, the mistiest part of Etruria, it was the month of Agnosto, when anything can happen, and Melliflua was pondering what to do about the fauns.

Resident

812812 views44 comments11 fav

You will know the country for fences, for feces, for cows, or, You will know the country for the smell of hay and manure blowing over the hills to you.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 46

11181118 views44 comments11 fav

This artist has a wonderful sense of line and color. Abstract is not my métier, but I appreciate the art behind this painting. It helps to copy it. You sleep with it for a time and, like a woman, you learn her passions and taboos.

Nodding Off in the Paper Airplane Assembly Line

844844 views44 comments44 favs

The world's anxious fire breathing mob still wants in, but they don't know what in the smoke they are looking for. They aren't really thinking in that intellectual direction. All these wonderful, friendly books you see do not hold the answer or…

Envy the book

12161216 views44 comments11 fav

Once, during an argument, she had said, It’s like there’s another woman, except she doesn’t exist. Which sometimes it really did feel like, a betrayal, being thrown over for someone else. The muse. She could have shot the muse.

Heels.

13931393 views44 comments00 favs

Why am I attracted to this girl? She’s beautiful. Only five foot four, but still looks skyscraper tall thanks to those skinny greyhound legs of hers. She told me she used to dance, then giggled and said she hadn’t since she was five years old.

Something About Ireland (from FATHER MUST)

17601760 views44 comments33 favs

That’s the way it went all day with me—didn’t get far, didn’t see much, just, with Mary, drank tea here and there. A fine day it was, too; not cloudy, not raining...

The Thank You Parade

749749 views44 comments33 favs

Let's go now with those precisely marching shiny cloud band members, so eagerly clanging their golden sleeves togetherover there in the valley of new light, for instance. They can lift wholeoceans up, like baby children, for a seriesof smooches, all of…

Please Take

12311231 views44 comments44 favs

I have a ball-pein hammer in my coat pocket.

Too Far

949949 views44 comments22 favs

Standing there as you walked away from me that late March afternoon, in the park off Meridian Street, the spring tableau seemed

Sitting On a Powder Keg - song

946946 views44 comments44 favs

I just sit here thinking You’re cheating on me again It’s how you acted last time The same as it’s ever been Don’t wanna go ballistic What’s inside your head? Why don’t you just tell me Who’s been sleeping in that bed