Recommended stories

Piggy Bank

10621062 views11 comment11 fav

He shivered in his robe and pajama pants as the showdown with the piggy bank continued on this dark winter’s night. He couldn’t resist the cute dots for eyes, the stubby legs and perked up ears.

Up Front

953953 views44 comments00 favs

He almost died, but hasn’t been this much alive ever.

Me and Coleridge Take a Spin in the Phlegethon

10201020 views11 comment11 fav

Like so many high school drugheads I warmed up to Coleridge because he was an dope fiend. If you want to get young men interested in poetry it helps if you lure them to the art through controlled substances.

Four, in the Morning

998998 views00 comments22 favs

We’d told her that Kasey waitressed. We talked about it a lot, trying to figure something out. I wanted to be honest with her. Kasey said she was too young to understand. I said that was why honesty wouldn’t hurt anything. Kasey said what about later.

Lazarus argentatus

875875 views33 comments00 favs

They take the blue man out on a stretcher, stiff in cyanotic repose until the paramedics shake him. He sits bolt upright, startled, confused, indignant. ‘Lazarus?' I ask. ‘Argyria. Happens every fucking time he naps on the …

Love in Miniature

807807 views33 comments00 favs

Hole #1 – Loop-de-Loop A piece of metal curved into a loop like a curlicue off-ramp. Jake and I step up to the Golf-O-Rama mat like accidental twins. My ball is half blue and half orange, like a gas station freebie. The old man at the desk said I

Gateway Love

13061306 views22 comments00 favs

Gateway Loves are lethal. They do not discriminate between bot or flesh, primary or clone.

Smite the hindmost of them

811811 views33 comments00 favs

“Hello, I’m Marlene, and this is April,” says the older of two women. Both Marlene and April wear ankle length dresses. The name Hester Prynne flashes through my mind.

Worry Is for the Well-Rested

11051105 views44 comments11 fav

I'm in the boardroom, downtown in San Francisco. I don't even remember showing up for work today. I hope they fire me, just like they fired Bill. Well not exactly like that, that was awful. He was caught downloading a phenomenal amount of…

Babes in the Bush

12901290 views44 comments00 favs

Holy shit, man, look at that!” Mike's pimply face melts into drooling bliss. His dad had stopped in this whacko town on the way to our campsite, muttered something about angry lesbians, and disappeared. Rick and I follow Mike's dumbstruck gaze to a shop…

Begonia {part two}

11451145 views22 comments00 favs

perhaps because they were holding hands and sharing tears; perhaps because the moon shone so brightly; perhaps for no reason at all; but both the Coriander and Isabella felt a surge of hope so strongly that both smiled a genuine smile.

And then she was gone

16631663 views33 comments00 favs

Given the nature of the events that were to follow I'm pretty sure that no one sane could have been equipped to comprehend, much less deal with, the coming weirdness any better than I was.

Match Book Covers

956956 views44 comments00 favs

We all wish to partake in great events.

Winter Hawk Jack

13451345 views22 comments11 fav

Jack, man in black, sporting manicured talons, his smile an iced knife.

A Song To Lose Your Shoes To

893893 views33 comments00 favs

You’ve got me standin’ on my knees, A’searchin’ for a beggar’s alms, From folks who’re deaf to all my pleas And blind to open palms.

Pearls

912912 views33 comments00 favs

You're trying to attract visitation in a small quarter with pearls in both your lobes. Only half of what you say is true. The red lipstick shines through like a brad on white paper, a voice, soprano. The half I tend to appreciate squanders & squalls. This is the ride…

Andrew

14161416 views00 comments11 fav

Andrew didn’t need oil and neither did his mother. In fact, the only reason oil was on his mother’s mind was because it was the last thing on her mind. He did not get up to get it, and she did not protest.

Message

991991 views00 comments11 fav

When the telephone rang the fallow fields we lay in years ago became distant countries, filled with falling stars. The distant country into which you had disappeared became a pistol with a single bullet in the chamber.

gravelortian part 5

904904 views11 comment11 fav

papa wants to dance - the future is so bright - feel good all the time baby

Jack

10591059 views44 comments00 favs

We’ve already agreed on a date when Jack posts some new pictures of himself. I have to swallow. Hard. In four days Jack’s become twenty years older! On Thursday, a boyish thirty-something was smiling at me from my PC. This Monday I find myself stari

Life is Life (or Ode to a great big idiot like Zizek)

12331233 views00 comments00 favs

The words(worlds) have become abstracted through contempt?

The Guerilla Drive-In

13631363 views00 comments11 fav

“Don’t you wish it always ended that way? The right people fall in love? Romance leads to marriage? God, that was a great movie.”

Rihtan, I

795795 views11 comment00 favs

Whether the girl was found fleeing and abducted into a short life of inexcusable torment or she escaped from the paths of Kulowul, the kingdom would fall in a matter of days.

2 Poems

16091609 views00 comments11 fav

IN THE QUIET TIME Forgiveness and forgetfulness are words I sometimes think have worth to just the dead; Though envy creeps, I grudge no man's rewards: There lie no guilt-edged thoughts against my head. The funeral march bears off, away from mind, The petty…

A Conversation Between Bacon and Eggs

11591159 views55 comments00 favs

In a hot splattering we were born

Thanks, Target!

10141014 views11 comment00 favs

A tanka poem inspired by the 40 million debit card numbers stolen from Target stores since Black Friday last month.

Wind Enough in your Sail?

557557 views22 comments11 fav

Don’t think you can play God with me There are enough songs To fill the heavens already I don’t need you Whispering in my ear Gone virile, are you? That’s what they used to say About me too

"If I die again, just let me go"

10771077 views11 comment11 fav

Will wondered if Doobie was afraid that it might be nothing but the abyss waiting on the other side, but he promised Doobie he’d let him pass on if it was finally his time.

Shining Against Each Other

981981 views44 comments00 favs

They keep shining against each other

Talk To the Bionic Hand

874874 views33 comments00 favs

Talk To the Bionic Hand “Scientists have discovered how to program intention into a bionic hand so that it will react to impulses from the brain like a normal hand” Man found being choked by his own out-of-control bionic hand after han