Most recent stories

Role

13661366 views33 comments22 favs

The pieces of bread dipped us humans in cheese, the cheese made by cows from our milk.

Sick Cycle Carousel

40574057 views55 comments00 favs

"... not just a jerk, you're like the king of the jerks!" the Black man said as they came into earshot. "When other jerks look for leadership, they just pick up their cell phone and you're pre-programmed in as the first entry on their speed dial!"

Arcana Magi - c.1: Oryn Zentharis, Seeker of the Truth

39473947 views11 comment11 fav

Oryn Zentharis accomplished many things in her life. She completed her greatest desires with a driving force and believed anything was possible.

The Sky Writer

29082908 views88 comments55 favs

All eyes aim towards the heavens.

Working Without a Net

17291729 views00 comments00 favs

The next day, John's kneecaps looked like Tennessee Pride Real Country Sausage. The bandage on his head kept coming loose, having to be tucked in, and he was suffering the Stone Mountain of hangovers.

Finnegan teoriza la practica de cuerdas

20132013 views33 comments11 fav

Canta el Hombre...canta una canción que guarda una llamada. Está invitando a Dios a venir. Mas cuando canta una canción que guarda el recuerdo de un camino hacia una casa sin muros ni cercado, cuando cada vibración actúa como un minúsculo paso hacia ese hogar sin…

Ten Minutes, That's It

15431543 views00 comments00 favs

They tell me I’m crazy. I say I’m just keeping up.

The Green-Eyed Shwemyethna

24302430 views88 comments22 favs

Moon-girl spins around & around drunk on her outrageous momentum as if she could make the world rotate on its own fables.

Fiancée

55785578 views3131 comments1616 favs

We walk to the Narrows from the boutique, fortified by talk of men and fashion. The Narrows is a blues bar known for outbreaks of small violence. I am wearing the winter white swing coat I bought for the wedding and the gold and turquoise beads.

Wild Dreams of Reality, 5

20872087 views22 comments00 favs

That was the night that everything began to happen. It must have been past 3:00 a.m. when Darrell came down from the attic right into our bedroom. I lay nearly paralyzed with guilt beside my wife, trying to get to sleep. Elizabeth had staggered to bed

The Clique

14521452 views00 comments00 favs

On the other side of the world the Moon spun on its way.

His Disposition

985985 views22 comments00 favs

"Oh, God. What do we say?..."

Who Do You Say I Am

13801380 views55 comments33 favs

You’ve gathered in church to wait for Jesus. Unarguable signs have let you know this is the day. This is the day of the second coming. This is Judgment Day. It was a no-brainer to wait at the church.

Baby Games

21082108 views00 comments11 fav

The sky is orange and red. It’s getting dark out by the time Sophie goes inside to tell Mom. The colors of everything fade together and turn gray, even the grass and my pink bicycle.

The Devil's Bedpost

27492749 views00 comments00 favs

A cellphone vibrates ineffectually against unfeeling skin. One last rivulet of blood slowly oozes down the wall as it dries. The rest of the room is still.

Lawnmower Season

12711271 views44 comments33 favs

"this is the year I'm going to plant a yucca tree in the garden."

The Taste of Coins from Treasure Troves

19001900 views1010 comments55 favs

I hold a key to feel its pull, and follow where it leads. Once, because the moment, key, and direction felt so right, I ended up on the streets naked. A police officer threatened me with handcuffs. I laughed, mesmerized by the cuff's clink, their never-ending circles,…

PORNOGRAPHY

13861386 views44 comments55 favs

PORNOGRAPHY First He went across the floor to where she sat. One sleeve of her shirt dropped to show her shoulder, salted and brown. One hundred fish filled the wave. Now, he said. Now is now. Second The car wouldn't…

He Don't Know Him

22902290 views22 comments22 favs

Planned developments have garages in the back, hasty retreat and advance protected by the Genie Automatic, come and go and go and come, waving is optional.

Sole Music

11961196 views66 comments11 fav

You're on the good side of thirty, probably with a little girl or boy of your own sleeping at home, and here you are dragnetting at three in the morning. We're all broken, and the scars we trade are all that remains of our fragile, once complex lives.

Chennai

23982398 views44 comments11 fav

I go to the seaand turn myself over in my hand like a shell: a hollow conch carried on the resonance of a song long past its singing. My heart is a well and this city, one that is forever in drought.

Elephant in the City

14311431 views1414 comments66 favs

No beeping of horns, just complete silence. No panic, just calmness. There’s this one word: serendipity.

I, TOO, DREAM....

11831183 views22 comments00 favs

A dream that seems Impossible When fresh blood soaks the ground

La insistencia de Jürgen Fauth

38553855 views33 comments11 fav

¿Qué habrá sucedido durante la invisible noche que se abre tras el sueño, esa Narnia en porciones individuales, para que el día se haya bestido, y con urgencia, de ira?Como si tubiera las manos bañadas en resina, intento limpiarme los ojos a zarpazos del filtro que…

Love Letters

20972097 views11 comment11 fav

I saw your soul like flesh through négligée, enigma moulding treasure from okay.

Men Don't Leave Me

39773977 views3131 comments1818 favs

He didn’t hug me. He didn’t hug any of us. Instead, he shook my hand, his grip so firm I felt the bones of my hands crumbling in on themselves.

Destiny Narrowly Avoided

10901090 views44 comments00 favs

Then it started extruding tendrils and tying them all into intricate knots.

The Talking Pillow

740740 views11 comment11 fav

Once, To a crash slumber on my bed, so late, I learned my pillow could communicate. As I lay my head of lead at the head of the bed, My talking pillow said, "Let me be the foundations for the constructions of your dreams...

Belonging

16681668 views22 comments11 fav

Don’t eat your lunch here For this is where the monsters sit.

Postcard from Shambhala

11101110 views33 comments22 favs

Dearest Z— There is no way to describe this place. It is a pendulum, caught at mid-swing or maybe just a millimeter on the up side. It is a sense of sweeping, a cleanness. Distant clouds remind me of the day we took the train and the mountains acted petulantly,…