Most recent stories

At Night in the Field

12881288 views1010 comments66 favs

“Ol’ Betty has a nice set of headlights,” he says with a wink as he springs out of the recliner.

The Undertaker's Son

11841184 views00 comments00 favs

You would never see me the same again. You'd always be peaking at me from behind your mother's apron.

Myra's Lesson

13881388 views33 comments11 fav

There’s no training course available for kids in love. You can watch your parents, you can watch other kids, but for the most part it’s all trial and error, and I'm still pretty shaky at almost all of it.

The Plunderer

11231123 views22 comments00 favs

Bill (Gunnery Captain of the Left Hand Gun, HMM Plunderer), while not exactly obese, nor could a disinterested observer call him him rotund, was nevertheless the sort of man who'd never be caught by a famine unprepared. And because of this more than regulation…

Wild Dreams of Reality, 10

11551155 views11 comment11 fav

I spent the whole day at Oliveira's, writing furiously in my notebooks. The words came pouring out. Just before seven, Darrell picked me up. I grew anxious driving down to Parker's studio because it was in a bad area on the border between Oakland

Though I'm NEVER Drunk, I'm ALWAYS Disorderly (memoir)

18121812 views1111 comments44 favs

1987. Recently, I told a teenager who was smoking a cigarette in an elevator that he should put it out. “You a cop?” he asked.

The Sin Eater

11911191 views11 comment00 favs

Priests didn’t just disappear, not without a reason, so there hadn’t been any doubt when Merrick was suddenly replaced. No one had said it, but they didn’t have to. And her boys, thank God—at least he’d done nothing to them.

Three Lost Cantos From Dante's Inferno

15361536 views66 comments22 favs

We came to the furthest reach of hell- A place that email users know well. The woman or man whose unmitigated gall Causes him or her to hit "Reply all".

I'll take anyone

997997 views33 comments00 favs

Plus women can be really sexy when their horny and plump with baby envy. If I could make a hard-on I’d like to be around for that.

Myra's Accident

10441044 views55 comments22 favs

We’ve both been broken, we’ve both been defeated and jaded and we’ve both cried uncontrollably, but we’ve always managed to get back on our feet.

Warning: Mud Makes Me Horny

29772977 views1010 comments22 favs

One day I was sucking down the HG French Vanilla, and the next day my body plugged itself into some universal energy grid. Like some unseen force had snuck into my body and somehow a biological experiment had gone terribly wrong. The unintended result was

Doctor Eyepatch

11291129 views55 comments22 favs

That contraption he’d invited her to pedal, somebody oughta market one of those. The closer you got the harder it got, and her feet kept slipping off the pedals. It was maddening.

Booming

940940 views00 comments00 favs

"I want more grandchildren to spoil," the woman said. Will took a swig of beer at such moments. Maxine only answered with “someday” and looked over toward her husband. She knew it was his fault, didn’t really know why, but blamed him anyway.

Women Making Love to Monsters

21192119 views11 comment22 favs

I started dating the Minotaur because of Colleen; at the time she was going with a friend of his. The whole thing was a surprise to me because I'd never been attracted to Greek men. This is how it happened. Colleen's new guy, Ian, was known by many…

Ordinary People

15331533 views11 comment33 favs

While I didn’t like to see Courtney swat smokes out of his mouth and admonish him, saying “Cigarettes. Bad. Fire. Bad,” her home was such a beautiful place, with its real wood and two TV and all...

New World

11001100 views1111 comments44 favs

The flash of love was real, the life within her was real, and the main thing now was to climb.

Kiss & make up

14761476 views33 comments22 favs

“You wanna fight.” And I say yes. And he says – “First, we gotta make out.”

Four More Haikus

792792 views55 comments00 favs

Death is like a warmcup of hot cocoa, steamingup into nothing. The sun rise will bringprison bars of light through thebedroom blinds again. Sorry about thefirst three hours of your deathI thought you were drunk. Across the park thestrange dog looks…

Puppet X, 8

808808 views66 comments00 favs

After too much I had forgotten how to fly. There was a small owl with me on the old dirt road by the wind. It was a very dark gray, like an ash. Its beak moved, it opened and shut, opened and closed, but I had also forgotten the language

Raisins

23912391 views3131 comments2020 favs

Sylvia used his computer to write two-page stories about women who killed themselves with blue pills because the shirts came back from the laundry unpressed and their husbands stayed out late with secretaries. Every story ended with the image it began.

Myra's Lighthouse

10291029 views22 comments22 favs

I’ve been mentally cataloging all the various ways Myra has fucked me up. I know this is a dangerous game, strapped to our seats inches apart and hurling down the road at 70 mph, but I can’t help fiddling with the fuse.

Love Story, a Sequel

12361236 views2121 comments1111 favs

He hid in parks and abandoned apartment houses until his wounds healed. He ate nuts, berries, and seeds. A shy, gentle soul, he watched children playing on the monkey bars, and thought of his lost youth.

traffic incident

824824 views22 comments11 fav

and i start screaming. i check the damage in my rearview mirror but there's nothing.

Cellphone Girl (Part I)

13371337 views00 comments00 favs

The calls were going through her as if her whole head had become a wireless receiver. She absolutely did not understand how or why that was happening, but the physical evidence was impossible to ignore.

Lake Chelan

25612561 views7474 comments3030 favs

Amish-like, between the sheets.

Pleasure Your Woman the Papal Appliance Way

707707 views00 comments00 favs

It shows how ignorant your typical writer for a men's magazine read primarily by teenage boys can be. You must treat every woman as if she is a customer at a major appliance store.

Arcana Magi - c.21: The World Stage

12761276 views00 comments00 favs

The old mage said nothing. She did not even return the complement. All she had was disgust in her eyes as she looked at the grown men and women. To her they had no hearts.

Incidentally

11711171 views33 comments00 favs

It started (or maybe ended) with the boot flying off the balcony and bouncing in the dead grass in front of our building.

Your Horoscope

13791379 views77 comments44 favs

Sagittarius (Nov.22 – Dec. 21) Listen to the voices inside your head. They speak to you for a reason. Now is not the time for debate.

Puppet X, 2

921921 views22 comments11 fav

It's important to sound human, I know To get fragile near your mother I myself get glimpses now and then