Most recent stories

Petey Prickles Vs. Funeral Steve: An ALL-NEW Petey Prickles Caper!

10461046 views00 comments00 favs

Ivy Oppel was one hard cousin to cry for. And a hard woman, too, but Ooops! Kapow! There's a hole in her head. Not hard enough, then. I'm harder, thought Dumasha. A girl with a gun can have some fun in this world.

Statistics (or: Walking to Work through Lexington Market)

15641564 views2626 comments1010 favs

I avert my gaze to the crab grass pushing through broken concrete, the spent condoms, the empty vodka nips rolling at her stockinged feet...

Verboten

11241124 views77 comments11 fav

Scales were installed on station platforms. Those who were overweight were turned away

Swimming Pool

17391739 views2020 comments1717 favs

My glasses fog up every time I go to collect her from the pool. I'll never get used to glasses. When my sight got suddenly worse the day she was born, I didn't tell anyone. As she turned from baby to child, my love for her grew, and my world got smaller,

Volume

951951 views33 comments00 favs

Something reached into Avi and took his voice, turning his volume to zero.... A short story of one day. A man going to work, a little magic, a car crash, and a wedding.

White Room

10991099 views66 comments22 favs

A white room is empty but for you, a card table and a chair.

Telephone

21522152 views3737 comments1919 favs

It had been so long since the telephone had rung, he’d forgotten the sound.

The Sound of Human Lives

10661066 views55 comments00 favs

The room smelled of an old rank basement. Boys and girls of all ages crowded the stage. The room was dark with only a few lights that hung from above keeping the crowd dark and silhouetting Chris on drums.

The Underwater Afterlife of Memory

13371337 views66 comments33 favs

My fingers are shining in the underwater afterlife of memory searching for the nipple-sized mollusks searching for the solid nature of things left over from having lived a life at all That new rain smell, specifically I remember that,

WTF! Godot, a Sex Addict?

13651365 views00 comments00 favs

The man in the gray trench coat showed up around a quarter to eight.

Ballspenden

11571157 views00 comments00 favs

Even if you're doing it together, there's no unity when everyone's dancing to their own tune.

But then you walked out on me

915915 views00 comments00 favs

I watched as you tried to fit yourself quite awkwardly into the small chair. Your eyes fluttered curiously around my house, and I smiled to myself. Your vision landed on my smile, and your face wore an expression of puzzlement."What are you smiling at?" you asked, your…

The Outlaws

12411241 views00 comments00 favs

"So, what do you do for fun around here? I mean, other than each other?" Carlo's smirk broke into full-fledged laughter; Yuri feigned shock. Iris leaned forward and breathed into Bronte's ear: "We misbehave."

Cheney Had Plans To Light Off the Reichstag

10411041 views11 comment00 favs

The whole human race was in trouble. As I said in another story a couple of weeks back, Zork the Galactic Destroyer had plans to make Planet Earth a nice, toasty snack for him and his boys. He'd sent his most illustrious spy, the Good Captain Zeep,…

Thrown Away

741741 views00 comments00 favs

I am brokenJust a sliver of what I used to beNot used to missing youStill.After months,You don't think of meAnd it breaks me.Every morning...by the time I've hit the closetI've thought of you.Throughout the dayI think of you.It is my hard place.I can't get over itOr around…

Kissing Cobras

11371137 views00 comments00 favs

She administers the alkaloids slowly, soaking the muscles in blight, the body tissue beneath into corrosion.

Who's There?

10421042 views33 comments11 fav

The old man sat in the run-down shack, nursing his lobol-weed tea, and cursing the bitter cold wind outside.

Brown Paper

12361236 views77 comments44 favs

“Americans like beer, right?” he asks. “It’s not acceptable for a woman to buy beer.” He proffers it in a brown paper bag.

Termite ‘Grace’: #769

974974 views00 comments00 favs

‘Grace’ was eliminated sometime in year b.s. (Before Seat) 12, for bottlenecking Productivity and holding back Progress.

Love Story

16081608 views66 comments22 favs

You longed to rip off her butterfly wings and watch her scream in agony. You ached to carve the steel from her eyes.

BORDER JUSTICE

912912 views00 comments00 favs

CHAPTER ONE About nine-thirty P.M. on Friday night, Mary Fowler pushed her grocery cart through the double sliding glass doors. It was three weeks before Christmas. The sun had set and the temperature had begun to cool rapidly in…

Amalfi

665665 views00 comments00 favs

He reaches towards the single, tall glass on the table between them and picks it up; ice cubes chatter merrily. He takes a sip and smiles.

Dry Tuna

999999 views11 comment00 favs

"If you don't like it then leave!" Sally screamed.

Riposi in Pace.

14411441 views22 comments11 fav

It was too young to be love. We were 5, a buzz-cut me, and you, plated with babyteeth

Gateway Love

13061306 views22 comments00 favs

Gateway Loves are lethal. They do not discriminate between bot or flesh, primary or clone.

Fortune Favours

808808 views00 comments00 favs

We're all just meat and atoms who can no more sense into the great beyond than a horse can fly a plane.

The Road To Baghdad

14711471 views88 comments11 fav

In late summer 2000 Dick Cheney held a secret strategy meeting in a hunting lodge deep in the hills of southeastern Wyoming. It was Cheney's own place, bought with the money he'd ripped from the trough with both hands through decades of what…

Writing Poems

722722 views33 comments11 fav

We bring words together and set them up on blind dates. Watch them build a history together, get married and fight together. Make offspring syllables cradled warm in cribs of punctuation. Phonemes squeezed into existence by two parenthesis. Words…

The old man in the window is probably scarier than he looks.

960960 views00 comments11 fav

It loomed -- unavoidable.

Other People’s Children

17981798 views1111 comments66 favs

Children should not be made to do things unless they want it.