Most recent stories

One Of These Dreams ...

345345 views99 comments66 favs

Imagine a morning without dawn, without daylight ... The night birds still hoot, the flowers wait for the light to change their make-up, black birds have locked their beaks. A morning unlike any other ... The moon above continues to reign over the milky way, the stars to…

Some Things Can't Be Fixed

345345 views88 comments77 favs

Orchids strewn over the floor...

Lips Like Oysters

385385 views1313 comments1010 favs

By the end of my Saturday night shift at the Oyster Bar I look like some kind of filthy nurse

Reprise

228228 views44 comments22 favs

Federico Garcia Lopez donde carajo have you been?I had forgotten about our long talks late at night when only the sound of the cicadas accompanied us.In our silence we searched for metaphors.Mi madre se murio since you last visited.I took the buttons of all the…

Ice Cutter

386386 views66 comments33 favs

McMurdo Sound. Amundsen. Penguins huddled in a mass...

Green Torino

194194 views66 comments44 favs

John you are a green Torinocruising past the long stretch of roadpast the field of my back yard.The black dog barks as it races'round the corner of the Good Shepherd Church.A police car waits for some shit to go down.Waiting for something, anything to go downbut it never…

Fungi light/ Fungi Language

485485 views77 comments55 favs

I'm sitting in the dark of my own kitchen, because it is dark outside, not from night but from clouds. I guess that's where I'll start talking from. This isn't about you. I'm not sure it's even about me. It's probably about the…

George Santos' Dream

423423 views33 comments33 favs

he dreams of limp victims stepping out of the waves/ water draining from skin and hair

Possible Wildlife (redux)

481481 views55 comments44 favs

This caused a problem when some raccoons, skunks and a fox were found lingering on and around the premises (separately, of course).

Bad Clean Fun

448448 views88 comments44 favs

It was cold and clammy, but then it got worse. Far worse. Any opportunity to celebrate the unity and harmony of tolerance was soon cancelled.

01.24.2023.0720

243243 views55 comments44 favs

When I stopped drinking,the desire to write poems was gone.Remember this to be true.The black dog still waits in the distancenot far from the fence.I watch it and open the sliding windowsto let the winter air run amuck through my kitchen doorengulfing me with…

Speculation on the Quantum Mechanism of Death

590590 views66 comments55 favs

With whatever else physicists may learn . . . perhaps they will begin to see that the connections between the physical world and non-physical domains of existence have an explanatory power which has only barely been considered.

Sounds Came & Went

467467 views55 comments55 favs

"...regurgitating double A's all akimbo."

They Didn't Love Their Daughter.

538538 views22 comments11 fav

“But he's going to the University of Chicago!” “I know.” …

Ticket

376376 views33 comments22 favs

Legitimacy is vorbei.

Tinnitus Story

462462 views55 comments55 favs

I went to see an audiologist this afternoon. He specialized in tinnitus. Good news for me. I've been plagued with tinnitus for 55 years. It started the morning after a catastrophic experience with LSD. It was there when I awoke in a padded room in a hospital in San José,…

In the Sun

418418 views1010 comments55 favs

The light was bright andthey sat on the railing of the long wooden bridge in the sun. She looked up at her father."Oh Daddy, where did you go?" she asked.He was young with black shinny hair blowing in the wind. "To Heaven, little girl,"She shook her head."What's…

Sisyphus takes the day off

413413 views77 comments77 favs

what-ta-hell, fuck this/he snorts brushing/ the dust from his shoulders

Words of Departure

357357 views33 comments22 favs

Not a fuss, not a stink, The eulogy, deep, will make one think, Grandmother, sat in back, will wink

The lyre bird

390390 views1111 comments55 favs

When silence makes his way next to me on the narrow path, I let his arm brush mine, and I stop singing with the birds. So, in the vast forest filled with songs and rustling, silence and I follow our path to the edge. Two tranquil strollers, meditating on the ancient voices…

Beaked

298298 views66 comments33 favs

night sounds

the night envelops me

405405 views55 comments33 favs

and light bleeds into the darkness

Left to our own Dvices

316316 views44 comments22 favs

No one knew why DVices were so hard to find. No one knows for sure anyway.

Tangled Up in Glue

426426 views1313 comments88 favs

Shhhh, my husband is trying to write...

August and After Haiku

420420 views1212 comments66 favs

The brown grackle chirps/ as she chomps a plump cricket-/ melodious meal.

Red

373373 views44 comments44 favs

I'm in a pediatric emergency roomThere are teenagers who don't want to liveAnd babies who won'tBecause viruses still spread and people won't learnThe election results are coming inAnd somehowFucking somehowUnderqualified, overly bigoted politicians still winUnder the banner…

Being Generic.

629629 views55 comments44 favs

"Why bother?" Her companion muttered something not dissimilar.

Automatically Writ between Meals

351351 views44 comments33 favs

The misspent effort reposed spontaneously, a prank worth ending with the dog letter: “GrrrrrrrR!”

Xmas Story

333333 views44 comments22 favs

The conspicuous police car was conspicuously just ahead.

The Pataphysical Tourist

351351 views33 comments22 favs

We all get in a carriage of tin and volcanic glass and go a-touring. We had quite an itinerary to fulfill, all of it loosely applied to the principle of serendipity. We toured Luxembourg and tossed pretzels to the bankers who did tricks for us, somersaults and complex…