Most recent stories

Knots

836836 views44 comments11 fav

She sees her first husband on the bathroom floor, ingrained in the wood.

Light

139139 views1010 comments1111 favs

Children imagine dying all the time, especially when someone in their life, someone close, has died. Children's games often include pretend dying, flopping around after being shot for about three minutes, choking, falling to the ground and…

Islands

733733 views22 comments11 fav

Off of the northeastern coastline there was a series of islands that won bread and butter through fishing. We walked off the ferry and through various docks while noticing vessels come in slowly boasting sides protected by worn plastic fenders on ropes affixed to…

Jail Bait

17121712 views1111 comments88 favs

Jessie and Hannah drop mescaline together, and screw in an abandoned storefront crash pad. We call it the Rock Shop.

The Tale of Pregnant Tinkerbelle

12181218 views33 comments33 favs

Everyone was shocked when they heard Tinkerbelle was six days gone and had got so heavy she couldn't fly. Who could have done it, everyone asked, but Tinkerbelle wasn't telling. So no one knew. That isn't true. I knew, and in this Declaration I swear I will tell…

The Day After Falling in Love

15981598 views1616 comments1212 favs

The day after falling in love, I became unmoored from everything familiar.

Prior...More

10191019 views33 comments22 favs

He was drinking heavily again and complaining that there was nothing fresh worth writing about.

The Spoken World

12841284 views1313 comments33 favs

The spoken world is bigger than I had ever imagined it to be, wonderful and relentless and unforgiving, and to be a part of it was my grandest childhood fantasy. I don’t know what the world sees me as now, but inside I will always be a stutterer.

Possession: Notes for Zulawski

21052105 views22 comments00 favs

Blood smeared in the hugging choke of her courtier. Our only recourse is to confront life with the benefits of a choke. “Please, don't make me force you.” Should misery be a reassurance when love is destroyed? There are reasons: “My wife doesn't live with

Kids in Commercials

812812 views22 comments00 favs

Hanna was so close to being one of those commercial kids. I mean, the commercial kids all kind of look like her anyway. They’re homecoming queen pretty, and have these dumb smiles like they know they’ll never be sad or poor.

Parallels

11231123 views33 comments33 favs

“I honestly can't believe how much you eat, honey.”, Lenora said as I put down the fork after gorging myself on breakfast. Twelve pancakes, four eggs, two cups of coffee, a glass of milk, and half a pound of bacon had passed through my lips this morning. …

Good boy.

991991 views44 comments33 favs

It’s quite simple - don’t move. No fake or feint - just stand your ground. The fixed gaze, the thousand yard stare, hold your place.

The Road

11511151 views66 comments44 favs

My mother moved her things out of my parents’ bedroom into the attic guest room. When I asked where guests would sleep, my father said, “Matthew, don’t be an asshole.”

Pleasure (it was) after all...

11631163 views55 comments33 favs

I'm gonna write about this after...It'll either be a tale of pain or pleasure hopefully the latterI don't understand how this workswhy sometimes I want to hide from myself other times I can just give in, fully,and everything isohsoheightenedI want it to be beautifuland…

The Ghosts in the Meeting

11221122 views22 comments22 favs

No one had told the newer tenants that the dead would be given votes, and they were in an uproar: it wasn’t legal; it wasn’t fair; it was creepy.

Peyote Buttons

948948 views11 comment11 fav

In the sides of mountains the rivers rush through and who would stop them as they gain a hold on the world? For silences they keep just then, as if from a larger wisdom and different clock. Pink moons and funny coins with the heads of lions and lambs, and the quarter…

Tics

724724 views88 comments66 favs

The damp suspended/ in the air/ in a faint fog/ discourages coagulation.

Unfinished

735735 views22 comments00 favs

there are monsters in my bed

Taken from 'A Story of Me And You'

10371037 views44 comments00 favs

No one commented on her altered appearance, although Will in Accounts said he quite liked her hair like that, so she assumed that no one could see the snakes. But she still felt self-conscious, exposed. She had to remember not to talk to them when she was…

You'll Know

10481048 views11 comment00 favs

When you see him, you'll know.That's what the prophecy was. Well, part of it, at least. The prophecy that Tabitha was to be the next Earth mother. That when she saw her partner, she would know. Keith, and his mission partner, and the elders, they had made it so. Made it…

The Party and the Body

779779 views00 comments00 favs

The Party and the Body The party at my mother's ended Saturday night deep into Sunday's morning. I tried to remember the exact circumstances of the end but although they wouldn't come it didn't worry me. I knew I would remember at a certain point. It…

Lionheart

866866 views22 comments00 favs

It has been two days since nearly seven billion people have gained some extent of super powers and I figure it will only be one or two until they tear this planet asunder. I have had to move from my third story loft and take refuge in the basement of my apartment complex.…

And then we

846846 views33 comments22 favs

Two movies with a cartoon in between. That's how it worked when I was a kid. For a buck, or less, I suppose, no, scratch that, it musta been less than a buck. Heck, it couldn't ‘a cost that much because I had to scrounge pop bottles to even get to the movies. Three…

#32: Deep in Structures of Awareness (Structured Poem)

939939 views22 comments11 fav

In ashen hills of yonder

Gentle

10961096 views88 comments44 favs

Your voice so soft / I wish it was touch.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 30

862862 views00 comments00 favs

Ben shook his head in disbelief: Was this some theatrical soothsayer trick of Ida’s?

Maginot Line

7777 views33 comments22 favs

We shared a bedroom, my sister and I, all our lives through high school. This was unfortunate, as she was extremely neat and I, two years older, was extremely messy. In my defense, I was extremely clean and she was not. There is a…

The Color of Sound

15941594 views1010 comments88 favs

The girl put her elbows on the table and rested her chin in cupped hands and this was for comfort but she appeared symmetrical the way an etheric visitor might and the brightness was just then trying to find a way through an opening in morning dining room…

Assiduity Twenty One

10761076 views1111 comments55 favs

Blue skies greet us as we exit the forest . . .

All Wet

973973 views22 comments22 favs

the small break of consciousness that is my dreamswaterso much wateri can never forgive the watertoo many tears