Most read stories

Clowns, Panthers, White Clouds

784784 views00 comments00 favs

I ran down a list of the few car-related words I knew: Battery? Gas tank? It was an admittedly short list.

Nathaniel

784784 views33 comments33 favs

sometimes i have to be in the other room just so i can breathe easy away from you.

You Can Push Things

784784 views66 comments55 favs

to the back of your mind like a box of unpacked yet beloved books if you want, but that's no life I want to explore any further with you. We don't have as much time as we once thought, to believe in something other than empty bottles lost in the…

whose soul do you have?

783783 views00 comments00 favs

Whose soul do you have, now? (How many are you?) There are several around here running from death, laughing, whom you might know. I burned ahead, with life. I found my own haughtiness had little bearing on the unbraided thread of pleasure (when I wa

Live a Little Again, With Me

783783 views22 comments22 favs

Soon you too will lie down with the sleep of rain, grown old by having lived through your youth, that is all. Lying from the side of your mouth so often that you take up lying on your side, to try getting an eyeful of the often slandered truth rig

Maybe Just One More Then

783783 views66 comments33 favs

You don't deserve this poem and I don't deserve to write it. Whatever time we have left is way better spent sitting in a sunny garden with a good interesting book and with a beautiful golden delicious apple to bite into. But…

Stuff & Nonsense

783783 views11 comment11 fav

artifacts gone obsolete / miscegenating in suspension

Trapped

783783 views22 comments00 favs

They were overweight, diabetic, and trapped in a cellphone dead zone.

People Get Haircuts

783783 views22 comments22 favs

like they are trying to not get noticed by fickle death. It clearly marks them in a targeted way. Very ironic. Here's the only message I want you to ever have from me : quick, scramble like a monkey with a stolen banana in your tiny hairy…

A Lei for a Sailor

783783 views00 comments00 favs

Petroleum products leaked from her shattered hull, still stinking of a battle its leaders not only lost, but forfeited.

Treasure Hunting Brings Sunnis, Shiites Together

783783 views00 comments00 favs

Muslim factions are getting a helping hand to bridge the gap that has divided Shiites from Sunnis since Mohammed died--a new version of the Peace Corps that uses recreational metal detection to build friendship.

3 Seconds Till Uncertainty

783783 views22 comments22 favs

First they Dust off the bottom of the sky But then the clock gets stuck At 3 seconds till uncertainty Then they Dye the sunset clouds To make them more Transparent So as not to confuse The human mind With the stuff of uncommon Nostalgia

POTATOES

783783 views00 comments00 favs

The hospital was a welcome relief. A short ambulance ride, a nice man holding your arm in a make-shift tourniquet, the red sirens flashing and screeching. Then you were…

Morning Night (2,3,4)

783783 views00 comments00 favs

Monday MorningI wake slowly. My breath still escapes me. He's asleep on the sofa, legs hanging, hand hanging, lips hanging, a river of saliva somewhere. He tries to be the one that's okay when I'm not, but really he's just as bloody as I am. I wait til he starts to…

Absolution

783783 views33 comments33 favs

Father, trouble me memory;laconic, idle, some glint on the dark. Recall us to me: what did we have, or what did we lose? Like some late affection, open me again, laugh it out of us. It is not loss I'm looking toput back together, papered over…

Communion

783783 views33 comments22 favs

I dream empty, the wind blowing benzene blue. Shards of glass. Barbed wire. Bricks crushing flame into notions gone quick, never painless. Is it my blood? In my eyes. On my hands. Is it for you? I'm not sure where I'm walking here. Walking towards what from. Is it…

How Lost Can We Get?

783783 views33 comments22 favs

“Your family, that family is crazy, everyone of them hush hush, tweet tweet, a little screw loose – or a bird, what kind of bird they got there?”

Woods

782782 views00 comments00 favs

We went to the woods to escape the failures that suck out your breath.

A Rave for "How the Sixties Ended"

782782 views44 comments00 favs

"At a bare minimum it deserves to be a major cult hit."

Siren

782782 views22 comments11 fav

There it it again, that noise. That low hum that I know so well now, spinning, gaining momentum in my head, like a cyclist in a velodrome, until its steadiness and roundness becomes sharp, painful, cutting like glass.

Selfie

782782 views44 comments33 favs

a few numbers/ and a handful of their operations,

A Waltz Viennese

782782 views66 comments44 favs

We made a plan to see each other to chat more and so we did. I went to his little house in the neighboring town and walked in to a kind of time warp. It was a large living room, made so by it's emptiness. It was stark in the vastness it seemed, but dark.

With Every Word

782782 views00 comments00 favs

The bedroom was still as our conversation dissolved into a heavy silence broken only by the ticking of the clock on her night table and the occasional sob that hadn't yet been swallowed in her pillow. I stubbed out my cigarette and leaned forward in…

Connected

782782 views11 comment00 favs

I have full bars on my iPhone, but no one has called, texted, emailed, IM'd, tweeted, Facebook'd, Tumblr messaged, or commented on my blog and I wonder if I am really connected, if my iPhone hasn't suddenly started to malfunction and I am really just all alone here,…

A Pantry of Unusual Sounds

782782 views22 comments11 fav

The cabinets in D’s kitchen are a pantry of unusual sounds. It is where they are stored.

Sappho

782782 views33 comments33 favs

Two Roman busts have come down to us, both copies of supposed earlier Greek originals, from the 4th. century BC.

Babel

781781 views1010 comments99 favs

As if reaching for the Divine was the problem

The Fourth Prague Defenestration: 8

781781 views11 comment11 fav

“Okay,” Boris said, wiping his mouth, “ready to go see these paintings by Lenin? We go now.” “Where are these paintings exactly?” Ellen of Troy (NY) asked. I didn’t mention which Troy she was from. “I have friend in Prague,” Vladimir said. “Has sh

Decades

781781 views88 comments33 favs

Every ten days, the Decadent Sisters assembled for dinner. Although raised together, they were each very different...

My Wife, the Registry of Motor Vehicles

781781 views11 comment11 fav

We’ve been married for 24.1667 years now and–well–my wife was starting to remind me of a public building. The Registry of Motor Vehicles, to be precise.