Most read stories

"A Wedding Feast" (a lost parable of Jesus)

936936 views00 comments00 favs

There was much joy in Galilee, for it was not often that two marriages, not merely one, were celebrated in one ceremony.

better than perfect

936936 views11 comment00 favs

i mean the perfect setting is great and all the right lighting very little the right music she says kings of leon i say broken social scene with nothing but time and a large bed with balled up sheets and us but i love early morning fluorescent bathroom light…

The Dialogue

936936 views44 comments22 favs

"Aren't you free to say whatever you please?"

Truthful Possum

936936 views22 comments00 favs

The possum is sneering with truth. I can smell the blood under his fingernails. He has seen it all, the backwoods distilleries and the back porch propane grilles. He has slept under the beds of whores and kings alike.

Dateline: Dumbass

936936 views11 comment11 fav

Take a ride past Larry Crane’s 'Jackpot!' recording studio — right here! in the neighborhood! where Sleater-Kinney recorded 'One Beat' and Elliott Smith 'either/or' and Sarah Dougher 'The Walls Ablaze!' woo hoo! — and the kids are singing karaoke.

my love for you

936936 views99 comments66 favs

my love for you/ is like the falling snow

Zip 75248

936936 views11 comment00 favs

A stroll along the golf course rim reveals Polo-logoed litter. Could this be what they mean by white trash?

Talking Balls and Strikes

936936 views55 comments55 favs

I don’t see the problem. In the country I come from, language is the best part of the game.

Always nervous

936936 views66 comments00 favs

and still every time I walked up there - so it can't be the cycling - I was nervous I would do it wrong

Instructions Found in an Empty Can of Coffee

936936 views1212 comments77 favs

If you find a lone, sad honeybee, buy a Habitrail cage and make it your new pet.

Dancing

936936 views00 comments00 favs

The lights are dimAnd love's the mood tonight.Enveloped by DarknessPierced by rays of light;That black dressto meis pure delight.Dancing together,Arm in arm,arm over shoulder;I promiseI won't get any bolder.Eyes meet eyesYour lips against mine.My heart is pounding,Sweet…

The Passing of a Hero

936936 views44 comments11 fav

"...and time came hurtling behind him, gripped his shoulder/ jumped clean over him like a buck goat/ the world aged but he did not/ he spent his afternoons in an old car with fake leather seats/ drank cold beer under the olive trees/ or lay in a hammock/

Bitter About Pay, Poet Laureate Strikes Catty Tone

935935 views11 comment00 favs

Duffy struck an adversarial tone from the outset, offering up a first poem about improper expenses submitted by members of Parliament that ruffled feathers across party lines.

Quatrains Written on Stolen Time

935935 views88 comments66 favs

It is the fragrance of decay/ as paint, polymers and dyes/ outgas molecules of themselves

Sailor & I

935935 views66 comments33 favs

We were born here. At the top of the stairs underneath a painting of basset hounds playing croquet. And a hallway closet filled with lost someones. And the police, three times a week, singing nursery rhymes while walking up to our door.

The instruments

935935 views00 comments00 favs

TromboneA trombone blusters his waythrough the bright restaurant,demanding to see the chef.He's furious;the prawns have given himsplitnotes.ViolinsFour violins wait for a bus in the rain.The pervading atmosphere of melancholymakes their plaintive scrapings redundant.AxeThe…

Manifest Destiny

935935 views1111 comments88 favs

Will it take the rise/ of cyber guerillas to finish it/ in the way it should be finished

13 phantasmagoric floats appearing in the Bird King's Chimeric Carnival

935935 views11 comment11 fav

1. Days of InnocenceFluorescent maggot men dance the flamenco.2. The Eyes of MedusaPythons and immobile pole dancers in grey body paint.3. GolgothaA drunken mechanical Christ grinds your bones to make his bread.4. Big Ape BollocksAlpha males slug it out in a cage made of…

Fifteen

935935 views77 comments55 favs

Lucy entered the open door next; she had been inside the cat litter house before: Brother Fran didn’t bother to cover turds he’d laid. He spoke of the outdoors: lizards he’d separated from their heads, world of work.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE HONEST THAN PAIN

935935 views33 comments22 favs

My parrot Poe freezes when a crow soars outside the window the same way I do when you approach my door. You come knocking late at night. What do you want this time? I yell. To come in you say, please. Go the fuck away, I respond but you keep…

Turnings

935935 views44 comments00 favs

“Help me,” the man said in his mind. He lay beside the folding camp stool alone in the middle of the woods, in the clearing where he and the dog always rested.

Project Undeath (Work in Progress)

935935 views00 comments00 favs

The moon bulges with meticulous sick amber fire while first night’s chest heaves and sputters free infantine monstrosity from plague-wormed hovels, din mold choked grottos, and stale metal-cast labyrinth catacombs.

The House on El Nino Diablo Court

935935 views00 comments11 fav

On a cold, dark night near to All Hallows' Eve in October of 1930, I was summoned by Constable John Wakefield to the house of Vernalier Driscoll. The constable was wild-eyed and very nervous, his hair appeared to be standing on end.

From the Cradle

935935 views22 comments00 favs

Loss and awakening are irrevocable. Love and grief are one.

Dark Site

935935 views22 comments00 favs

Though some days... I feel as though I'm nothing more than the ultimate hedged-bet should the offender be living out his last days on earth, holding my arm as we both feel our way through the long dark corridors of tragedy.

The Figured Surface

935935 views77 comments88 favs

Number the herd. Number/ the baskets after harvest./ Note the reappearance of the moon/ after its short absence.

Excelsior - A poem in 9 parts (Post 5 of 5)

934934 views00 comments00 favs

VIII. Towards Affinities, Beyond My love, since I saw you last, since before we reached the chamber, I cannot count the quasars which have passed, but there still gleams Time, Like a memory of a lost event unwitnessed, and this illusion Carried…

Addicts

934934 views00 comments00 favs

Popular wisdom would have it that heroin addicts are some kind of cross between vampire menace and low-rent cartoon.

whoosh

934934 views1010 comments88 favs

i learned all

Short Terms Plans

934934 views22 comments00 favs

It's going to be expensive, but it's booked and I am going to enjoy every single minute of it.