Most read stories

Arcana Magi Memorial Vol.7 - c.1

958958 views00 comments00 favs

The Circle of Four looked at the little girl’s back, and they could almost see the wings, but it could never take shape because of her heart.

Octopus

958958 views44 comments00 favs

Sometimes I think there's an octopus in my stomach. In the mornings it stretches and droops its lazy head to one side — It suctions it's tentacles to the walls of my belly and pulls them together forcing me To gag, and vomit what we didn't digest of the…

Unintentional Hermits/ Animal Cities- The Bubble Dancer

958958 views00 comments00 favs

Gaston could remember the first time he set eyes on Deno. He'd gone into the back of the house to enquire after a lost order and found himself face to face with the dish washer, a man in his late 20s, dual heritage, tall, staring eyes and dangling useless hands. The…

The New Lycanthropy

958958 views00 comments00 favs

Who remains after the aching night has departed into dawn and left us to week-old sleep

When I'm Not Here

958958 views22 comments00 favs

She’ll get a dog a Weimaraner I know She’ll call him Alfie after her first two dogs He’ll try to get up on the bed She’ll say, Alfie, no, no But in the night she will let him so as not to be lonely

The Bricks

958958 views00 comments00 favs

He ordered a palace built, and the builders came to blows, which is why the father’s eyes have swollen shut, and the oldest son’s knuckles are bright plums.

But then you walked out on me

958958 views00 comments00 favs

I watched as you tried to fit yourself quite awkwardly into the small chair. Your eyes fluttered curiously around my house, and I smiled to myself. Your vision landed on my smile, and your face wore an expression of puzzlement."What are you smiling at?" you asked, your…

Happiness

958958 views33 comments22 favs

Sometimes the universe is a coin flipping so fast it’s hard to see which side is polished and shiny.

Not Even Know It

958958 views88 comments00 favs

I remember the man well, though he didn't notice me.Even though a million tiny things happened to cause his hand to brush me away from his neck, he didn't notice. Much like the way his eyes bounced off women's bodies as he hurried down the sidewalk in his blue wool…

Off We Go Then

958958 views55 comments55 favs

Wish more than ever there was a more perfect way to mean everything I say. If I could I'd certainly walk all my words right up to your face now and give them over, hand to hand so to speak. That's the point at which I'd very much…

Animal Lover

958958 views33 comments33 favs

Your blue Jesus staresand your blush colored liliesthe shadows crossingpast pursed lipsAnimal LoverI am your purring beast.Painting by Alessandro Tomassetti. Poem by Didi Menendez.

Cannabis Emerges, Rampant

958958 views55 comments44 favs

What the hell is going on out here!? Yelled the man with the shotgun

Birding

958958 views55 comments44 favs

Even mockingbirds are scarce;

Christmas Presents

958958 views22 comments11 fav

There’s something Dad’s been telling us that I don’t think is true

November

957957 views00 comments00 favs

You sleep in equative lip biting slumber hugging a pillow you think is someone else.

Sniping

957957 views88 comments55 favs

Snipers wear camouflage clothing to avoid being seen. It wouldn’t do for a sniper to be seen because then the sniper might become the snipee.

4 Poems in an Avante-Garde Classical Style

957957 views22 comments00 favs

For Derek, Remembering Odd Jaunts in Overtoun I here remembered how we smoked and swam Under the cadenced pleasure of our under-days, Congealing cross-thoughts under oaken breeze, And watched the Turnered ocean of that swarm Last…

Weather

957957 views11 comment00 favs

I liked E first because she knew all the words to "Alice's Restaurant." Everybody knows "American Pie," but "Alice's," that's impressive. We used to cut class in high school and drive around listening to it, and I'd try to pretend I knew the words, but I never did, so…

Lunch, daily.

957957 views11 comment00 favs

She’s not settling. She can learn to like this.

Cancer Always Calls Collect -- Part 20 -- Stuck on the Pitch of a Roof

957957 views33 comments22 favs

Little things that kept me going are no longer doing the trick, and venting to someone eventually drives them away. People around you know what is going on, but there is little they can do. They stay away at more than an arms length and you understand. Tr

Icarus

957957 views22 comments22 favs

Rob slogged down First as November winds tore right on through him that Tuesday at four o'clock in the morning, letting him know that he was the only man left on the face of the whole fucking planet. Except for an old, broke,…

The Black Hole Cometh

957957 views00 comments00 favs

A few months back, Bob Delaney, the old Black Hole’s man with the plan (and more importantly, the check-signing authority), hired a young new guy named Gary — who had the unfortunate last name, Indiana — as a geriatric nurse at Bufordsville Retirement Com

Brief excerpt from the Fantasy thing I'm writing.

957957 views33 comments11 fav

Lucien Lucien Tidesquall lay almost sleeping amid the soft green grass. His eyes irradiated green midnight under vanquished brows. A plover hovered somewhere in the distance. It reminded him of a poem he had written as a teenager, a haiku that went as…

The Stranger

957957 views55 comments33 favs

“I can't go to sleep,” Jonathan said, laying on the doctor's couch. He counted on his fingers to keep his mind active. “I'll certainly die if I do.”

June Cleaver Faces the Implications of the Integrated Circuit

957957 views22 comments22 favs

The Cleavers were never really undone by anything. Everyone, however, has a limit. June manages it all, as usual, with her characteristic grace, lovely crinoline - and a bit of manipulation.

I Want to Leave You With My Passwords

957957 views77 comments44 favs

I mean let's be real.

the genes of Edouard Manet

957957 views33 comments33 favs

was entering into a new phase of its existence, a peculiar paradigm of the wider world where, presaged by science, economic and political ideologies were conspiring to displace the old verities of religion and aesthetics, but where…

Small Man

957957 views22 comments11 fav

When Reg Cuff heard that Sandlewick's abandoned Tiny Town model village was up for sale, he sold his home and failing business and moved right in.

Has a letter arrived for me?

957957 views00 comments00 favs

“Has a letter arrived for me?” Billy sat on the third stair from the bottom, drumming his little hands on his Spider-Man pyjama bottoms. “Dad!”

Old Eyes

957957 views55 comments22 favs

I passed the old man from upstairs now and then, usually on Saturdays.