Recommended stories

Healing Romance of the Rose

12381238 views00 comments00 favs

The dying rose spoke to the wood That kept in it's heart a love of good And all that was in bloom It could not let that happy rose Fret about in terrible death throes Would not be its tomb.

The Hound

975975 views00 comments00 favs

I would be the mortal to hand justice to God. It wouldn’t come in the form of steel from a blade or by gun powder of a revolver, but by my disbelief...

Star Crossed Anglers

882882 views00 comments00 favs

“Got a big one boy! He's movin' real fast! Don't think he has had time to eat the bait just yet, so we need to play him out. Let the hook set. Don't want to loose him! Get the net ready!”

Tired After Looking for my Voice Recorder for an Hour

582582 views00 comments00 favs

I wrote a million lines of poetry last night. / Metaphor after metaphor of your beauty

The Continuous Yearning of Walter Rush

10051005 views00 comments00 favs

Every morning when he wakes, he lies in bed and waits for one of his toes to twitch or spasm; the moment he feels one of them thrust forward, he gains courage to test his legs. He grimaces either way: one more day of walking, one more day until loss, one more trip to the…

Penultimate Vampirekiller for 2024

979979 views00 comments00 favs

". . . Stinkin' vampires, death to all of ’em, them and their plague-festerin' rats. But the new ones, I don’t mind takin’ ’em down before gettin’ rid of ’em. —But you’ll never get that smell off o’ you if you use only one condom, I’m here to tell you . .

Laundromat Haiku

919919 views00 comments00 favs

Laundromat

Intro to Rock Poetry 101

716716 views00 comments00 favs

He was the Elton John Distinguished Professor of Lyrics, the last man over the drawbridge before they abolished tenure; he didn’t have to do any original thinking for the rest of his life.

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.7 - c.3

616616 views00 comments00 favs

After the Cooking Club and Sayako formerly introduced themselves, they all stood before the sisters, listening to their story. Ren took a puff of his pipe as Ayane pressed her hand over her chest and Sayako took short breaths as her heart raced.

Skull and Bones

729729 views00 comments00 favs

“Okay, so I'm lying naked in this coffin with my big dick out,” George W. Bush says. “Yes!” …

Like Picasso

842842 views00 comments00 favs

lying back on inviolable sheets, your breasts spread apart like a child’s open hands you’d look up at me and smile

Neverfull

633633 views00 comments00 favs

Neverfull There are still things out there I haven't seen— a mere tadpole blindly clinging to the base of the pond. I reach for every star in the inkwell but none are close enough— even on toes tickling the edge you'll never…

I Can Sacrifice My Self

431431 views00 comments00 favs

The sacrificial tendency is a real ugly one A pound of flesh, because it grows back But gnarled and scarred For you, So you may smile or cry Whatever you need How about an ounce of truth? How about I make a maze And you walk through…

Jeremy's Crane

845845 views00 comments00 favs

I saw magic for the first time when I was eight, on the day Jeremy Chendo showed me that paper cranes can fly.

Meet Cute

845845 views00 comments00 favs

This had the unintentional effect of me picturing her in a tight white top and tiny orange shorts. From up close like this, I had clearly misjudged her earlier. She could definitely be more than the quirky best friend in my movie.

POTATOES

729729 views00 comments00 favs

The hospital was a welcome relief. A short ambulance ride, a nice man holding your arm in a make-shift tourniquet, the red sirens flashing and screeching. Then you were…

Fugue State on the Waterway

533533 views00 comments00 favs

I am so lost in thought as I ride out of the woods that I forget which way I ought to turn, left or right; this can’t be good.

Woman On A Bicycle

10971097 views00 comments00 favs

And the ocean was black and green and blue—as your dress that clung to your body’s curve. Round as the bend of the water trailing the false line of the shore.

Five Million Yen: Chapter 21

859859 views00 comments00 favs

Some friends of mine took him for a ride out to Broad Channel, you know that enclave of crazies that live in houses on stilts on the island in Jamaica Bay on Cross Bay Boulevard. He might find that when the tide comes in, the water might be a little deepe

Five Million Yen: Chapter 32

866866 views00 comments00 favs

Wait a minute, said Ben. What do we really know?

(2) Liars

981981 views00 comments00 favs

"Being honest with me," said her teacher, "will hopefully allow you to be honest with yourself--writing is about being honest, and articulating that honesty." It sounded like a riddle, and her teacher looked at her with the sanctimony of a wizard.

"It's Just Breakfast" Fills Dating Service Niche

839839 views00 comments00 favs

"Too many people were presenting themselves in a false light on lunch dates,” she says. “The power ties on the men, the come-you-know-what-me pumps on the women–that’s not what married life is about.”

Walls

864864 views00 comments00 favs

No one would have picked me out of a crowd as the morbid one, but it was true that thoughts of easy exits floated through my consciousness regularly. I did my research—the easy methods, painless, guaranteed methods—and felt prepared to do, well, w

Awakening

10821082 views00 comments00 favs

I was awakened by a disturbing dream. He was no longer with me and I felt afraid. Everything was cloudy, almost blurry. I couldn't see much in front of me, but I knew for sure he wasn't there with me. Then he said the words I feared the most “I don't love you.…

Whataboutery

874874 views00 comments00 favs

A scene.

The Song of the Jardin Venus

13021302 views00 comments00 favs

The place is a living rebirth, And all death is only temporary. For soon in the land, the soil, For soon in

Thwart

819819 views00 comments00 favs

Daily, at 3:47 PM, below his office window, a child in an orange windbreaker sits in the last car of the T, in the rear seat, face pressed against glass.

Revolutions in the Sphere of Libidinal Economy

732732 views00 comments00 favs

He was unsure if it was Marxist fervor or some sort of erotic drive, an awry libidinal economy, after years of stasis and depression now experiencing stimulation; but he had this rule that when faced with an attractive man and a choice between yes and no,

Something like A Dark Knight

862862 views00 comments00 favs

Rob was having a hard time of it. His whole life was like that-- in and out of jail for assault, robbery and selling drugs. He tried to go straight. A career counselor, had set him up, with a job in a warehouse. But he just couldn't…

How Josh Met Emily

928928 views00 comments00 favs

“Well in opposite heaven every time you make scrambled eggs the shells break into a million pieces, then you spend eternity picking them out of the yolk.”