Recommended stories

Pleaser

454454 views55 comments33 favs

Yes keeps falling out of my mouth

Noodle

10671067 views88 comments66 favs

Our painter man was killed by a bunch of snotty kids who were making fun of him. A gun went off. What is a noodle to do? He wasn't sitting alone in his world, anymore. Where was his famous straw hat? His trusty pipe? He desperately needed to smoke…

Cheesecake

10671067 views1313 comments66 favs

Eric was born with three testicles.

Hat, Mouse, Tortoise, Zen

14651465 views1717 comments55 favs

I try to help my pet-mouse by dangling cheese from a piece of string in front of him. Or by making meow sounds. Sometimes, my pet-mouse wins, sometimes the hamster with the great body.

Napomo 17: April 19 – 24

882882 views1111 comments55 favs

There are no inspirations./ There are only the things I like/ and the much more numerous// things I do not like.

Epithelial Sample

16061606 views99 comments55 favs

I found my black dot nucleus. School got me in the 10th year with the numbers spilling outta my head, but now I got the cell on my mind. Everybody's floating around this joint all pink and green college clean, yellow face Japanese, or the jet-headed Greeks with their…

We Put a Smile Back on Your Face

17811781 views77 comments66 favs

Her voice mail announced: “I’m coming for three days...Make sure the dog hair’s cleaned up, I have allergies.”

The Seagulls at the Parking Lot

701701 views77 comments66 favs

Turningturning the pale grey spot.She sits in her carin the parking lotwith the radio onleaning back picking a thin piece of skin from her finger.Turningturningthe seagulls move aroundand aroundabove the asphaltas though it was the wave,with…

early spring

951951 views77 comments66 favs

the late snow, though not welcomed...

Searching for Mr. Bharath Seshardi

11531153 views66 comments66 favs

This tall, very blonde, very female, friend of mine. . . .

Duty

941941 views66 comments66 favs

Two girls, twelve years old, run down San Pedro Avenue past the market, the middle school, seven driveways, their small chests heaving. The smooth soles of their Mary Janes keep slipping on the gravel driveways. Two men in a rust-orange van bear…

O'Hare International Peoplewalk Tunnel

510510 views55 comments55 favs

At step blinding speed we all alight somewhere in the world

I Will Not Be That Woman

998998 views66 comments66 favs

Not today. Even when the Isar rolls so cool and deep and I could wade and wade 'til sleep. Not today. When I have the tablets in a drawer in a box winking chalkily at me. Not today. When the church tower soars and it's bells toll out a seductive beat …

Beauty

10641064 views77 comments66 favs

Now, this boy removed his socks in front of me, on the chair beside my desk where I read my books, and said: “My toenails aren’t shaped properly.”

A Year and a Day Then

10571057 views88 comments66 favs

Removing the deeply embedded jack-blade frommy naked side, like any slicked-upsplinter, was just a bit jarring on the first bite, on first try, I must admit. I freelydo so now to your frozen-over faces. You made your…

Officer Friendly

14381438 views66 comments44 favs

The last time Ray and I broke up, I flew my flag at half-mast. It was the kind of thing that pissed him off. He was very big on flag etiquette: how the flag should be folded, the fact that it should never touch the ground, when to fly it at half-mast, the rules regarding…

The lightbulb explodes

237237 views77 comments66 favs

.

Some Nature Haiku

14051405 views44 comments22 favs

The proud, burly tree / Rests on the now crashed TV / Thanks a lot, nature

Summer Flip Flops

15221522 views88 comments66 favs

Sal, a finder of misplaced objects notices the sunglasses, flip flops and boxers left on the pathway heading to the beach. They are his gifts today, so gallant is he of these ‘strays’ seeking ownership. He tries the glasses on first and feels dizzy.

Tierra del Fuego

900900 views88 comments66 favs

my time there was not one afternoon not / one river not one tunnel not one falling

Writer's Cough

12591259 views66 comments66 favs

Ok, so I’m sitting here trying to write through a frigging cold. And I. . .Oops, . . . . . . wait a sec!. . . I’m stopped, astounded, stunned between coughing my left lung clear over my keyboard and watching it flopping on the back of my desk. . .

Water, Not Fire

698698 views66 comments66 favs

I'll still want the blinds open and the lights on, to see the papier-mache of our flesh fighting death away to the century mark, even if you only want to live until a ripe eighty-two.

Downtown

967967 views77 comments66 favs

bullets in flight make sharp, snapping noises.

Make Out Party

11471147 views66 comments66 favs

He begins talking about string theory. He reels me back in, from the dinosaurs to the infinite, human evolution and alternate dimensions, until it makes so little sense that everything makes sense.

Naked Launch

11101110 views1010 comments66 favs

I enjoy launching words into space. Please dangle a moment here while I prepare the next sentence. Ok. You can come in now. Take boiling for instance. And hawsers. The sound of words on a sheet of paper. The manifesto for a roll of sleep. Sleep is oblivious to…

Curfew

11521152 views88 comments44 favs

The Houston police devised a punishment for the adulterous thespian that would not hurt the nights or household income of his French young wife.

Thalassophobia

11041104 views66 comments77 favs

Except where its waves break gently,/ white frothed and reassuring along the shore,

The Roses of Gettysburg

736736 views1010 comments66 favs

Mothers and sons and war, an old story...

Dream Girl

11231123 views88 comments66 favs

There was something wrong with this picture. Was he the man she had slept with last night?

BLACKHORSE

15681568 views88 comments44 favs

All the neighborhood kids waited for the school bus on a small cement slab at the bottom of the first big hill on Blackhorse Road. My mother made me scrambled egg sandwiches on wheat toast every morning for breakfast before I left for school. Then one mor