Most recent stories

Psychological Profile for "Joe"

11071107 views22 comments11 fav

He boasts of administering regular beatings to his wife and claims that she enjoyed it.

Why Aren’t There Fireflies

16191619 views2020 comments77 favs

There are hundreds of fireflies crackling along the tree line and the old stonewall.

The Company's Sprinkler Heads

12731273 views22 comments00 favs

I am alive, and I am hungry. Angry, I want more. I am not content with what you're offering me. Forty hours a week, two weeks vacation. A mortgage and car payments. Wife and kids, a dog in the suburbs. It's all incredibly unexciting, unsatisfying.

In A-B-C Order

12731273 views1010 comments33 favs

When she was nineteen, she began to brew a baby in her belly. She named it, and sang to it, and organized the leftover hand-me-downs that hadn't been worn ragged through by the first seven sets of recipients.

The Crescent Caretaker

15151515 views22 comments11 fav

Enter Tipitina’s – the rotation hole where electric, shoeless uncles allocate their copper goulashes to catch white dripwater.

Saw Her

13991399 views66 comments11 fav

Just like that. He heard her words clearly from the top floor of the five story apartment building. The unexpected change in weather made it mandatory for him to open his window.

Noises

12341234 views55 comments33 favs

It was midnight. I was outside the cottage, digging another row of star-shaped holes for the shrubbery.

The Ageing Beaver

12321232 views22 comments00 favs

This was just noise now – pure, raw noise, grabbed from their throats and flung high by some sharp claws of violence buried in their breasts. Even from his third floor apartment, they sounded like they were right outside his window now. It was if they h

Jesus Wept

32643264 views99 comments88 favs

When my husband died, I was in bed with his brother. Ricky and I had been married six years, three months and two days when his little brother, Ben, and I gave in to the lust that just would not go away in spite of our prayers and tears.

The Scenes Speak for Themslves

12461246 views00 comments00 favs

We are the images, the tableau vivant, the one-person shows, the scenes from scattered plays. We wait for the Caretaker who prompts us to play and replay one by one on her rounds.

Are You Okay?

19781978 views2929 comments1616 favs

Moving is like moving upstream, like swimming underwater against a mighty current. You are salmon people: pink, vulnerable.

Close those lips

16011601 views1010 comments44 favs

Ma tells me not to put a tampon between my legs. For fear of cotton fornication.

So then she says

873873 views00 comments00 favs

She says that she’s a prisoner in her own life, and if she wants to get drunk at two in the afternoon with a bunch of union men, then she’ll do it. She says I am welcome to go fuck myself.

Abu Arif & His Daughters

11681168 views00 comments11 fav

I cannot remember what the celebration was for, but the baby was at its center. We passed him around, a sweet smiling boy about seven months old. The age when babies can sit but can't yet crawl and their thighs get plump.

Lester

12141214 views44 comments11 fav

Richard bounds up the stairs to his apartment. He can’t wait to get home to his new kitty. He found the poor cat right outside of his building just a few days ago, and already they’ve become fast friends.

Heavenly Blue Morning Glory

12591259 views55 comments11 fav

‘Oh, and try these. ' She handed me a plastic baggy full of seeds that resembled watermelon seeds, only smaller. ‘If these don't work your problem runs deeper...'

The Next Stanley Kubrick

22212221 views5151 comments2020 favs

I have, for example, watched Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" 117 times.

I've got to

770770 views00 comments00 favs

Growing into a new mold, watching our friendships fall into deep deep holes.

Out(side) of my mind

773773 views11 comment00 favs

I leave you because you violently told me to, I still love you because I told you I always would.

The Bitterness of Butterfly Wings

16601660 views3636 comments88 favs

So I licked the Anise from my fingers.

Kracton Commons

995995 views00 comments00 favs

Without light it is black.

(Withheld) 1970

937937 views00 comments00 favs

The Moon The hatch of the lunar module hissed as it opened, a few puffs of leftover water vapor escaped toward them in a sparkling white cloud that rapidly dissolved…

I've Been Here Before

10261026 views11 comment00 favs

I’ve been here before. it wasn’t you though— it was her before you, and then she before her … before you.

Bicycle Boys

22402240 views00 comments22 favs

They would ride with a mechanic synchronicity, like schools of robotic fish, and appear and disappear suddenly, never still, never trapped in traffic snarls, always finding a way through the gridlocks and the side streets.

Arcana Magi Zero - v.2: Megumi's Fable, the Advance

14051405 views00 comments00 favs

“Is it a dream? Or is it real?” Questions Megumi asked herself as she stood before the mirror. She no longer had fox ears or a fox tail. Even her long brown hair had turned jet black and her lavender eyes were a natural green just like Alysia’s.

Clipboard Cutie

977977 views00 comments00 favs

Perhaps she’s also a do-gooder. One of those socially conscious, change-the-world type girls complete with a never ending supply of life’s own contagious enthusiasm.

Sushi's Night Out

996996 views33 comments22 favs

... she’d stolen her boyfriend away from her, leaving her with a goldfish and a cat. Oh, and a pillow and some lights, she added. And I can’t really see you, because I’m blind.

The Face of the Moon, And Another Story

10641064 views11 comment11 fav

For example, I never noticed that the moon had eyelashes, not until tonight. You said you couldn’t really see that, not at all. You preferred the fact that the word “lunatic” sounded like an attic on the moon...

Smiles are for Suckers

12821282 views22 comments11 fav

I walked her home. She lived eight blocks in the opposite direction of me, but it made her smile —I made her smile.

How I Spent My Summer Vacation... When I Wasn't Drinking

14371437 views33 comments22 favs

This is what my summer has come to: me, out of a job, aimlessly driving around the city looking for places to write, places to read, places to occupy my time.