Most recent stories

Release My Pajamas

838838 views33 comments22 favs

And then I heard “Yea, for I have seen the Father The Son, and the Holy Toast” Okay now, something up was weird

The Car

906906 views11 comment11 fav

Trot fast, my dapple gray!

954954 views22 comments11 fav

It was night. It was Massachusetts. It was an interview in a snowstorm that Detective Vivian Diaz wished would go away.

Against Nothing

723723 views44 comments22 favs

To be free of pain. Is that what we all want?

Gemini

11911191 views99 comments44 favs

Not many people like Geminis.

The First of Many to Fade into the Now We Go Marching Down the Lane for Love Side Street

883883 views22 comments22 favs

for Tracy ThornYou don't need a song about fixed stars, you needa reason to be glad stars are here. Themoon's always been around, but not always like the friend you want,until now. Don't throw it all away becauseyou are too sad to care. You've come into your own. Allthings…

lest we bury us

698698 views11 comment11 fav

this disc barely spins the jangle of spurs/how long does one revolution take?

Papa's Parrot

13481348 views33 comments22 favs

He wasn’t there for the beginning or the end. In the beginning, he was still a wild thing. Nothing more than a voice in the chorus of the Dark Continent, back when it was a thing of terrible beauty and attracted people like the old man; people who breathe

Arcana Magi Zero + Pure - c.8

881881 views00 comments00 favs

Megumi paused for a moment, understanding Mrs. Akamatsu’s concern, but looking back at the Society, she shook her head in rejection.

Homonyms

965965 views33 comments44 favs

Ascent/Assent Together the horizon/ Catechism of love

She Kept A Lookout

769769 views22 comments22 favs

Many years later, as the smell of charring straw filled the basket she was standing in, high above faces turned upwards to watch her fly, she remembered the night her fingertips brushed snow off the Alps.

Prospectus

10561056 views1111 comments66 favs

The question isn't whether we will survive-/ like rats, we are supremely adaptive-// but whether we should survive.

elms

10031003 views1212 comments66 favs

it's about dead trees

Silent Now, Against the Wash of Time

819819 views77 comments22 favs

Let us both stand steep, alone, this night; the tide Lies, hastening to us: and, far away, I hear the sea gulls sweep, through the divide That shapes drear skies, between dead lights of day. What worth was love? Man severs all he is, To make one…

Fear

959959 views99 comments44 favs

Fear I’ll be stuck here without a ladder

Alfamadog

908908 views44 comments44 favs

It was that special ache between heart and stomach that made me stop things. That ache that cannot be caused by the mere knowledge that you have steered your life into a completely wrong direction. To feel this pain, you also need to have no clue why and how it…

Tollund Man, one/breakfast, zero

953953 views33 comments33 favs

how enthralled might you be, or how much appalled,/plucked from a fresh dream that had just grown serene?

ORSON SCOTT CART, MEET LOUISA MAY ALCART: TOP TWENTY NICKNAMES LIBRARIANS HAVE GIVEN TO BOOK CARTS

40324032 views33 comments22 favs

If you work in a library, you work with book carts, so naturally you give them nicknames. You could call your faithful book cart Bumpy, Squeaky, Rusty or Tipsy. But surely you can do better than that! Here's…

Kitty

944944 views11 comment11 fav

One winter day, walking home from work because his old Honda Civic refused to start out of sheer laziness, Martin found the cat in the alley behind his apartment building. It was terribly thin, with a swollen belly. It twirled around his legs, pleading with big…

The Poet Faces a Government Shutdown

11011101 views1414 comments66 favs

R just sent me a funny text: Nice nice shit rainbows

The Lonely Genius

12421242 views88 comments99 favs

was washing her hands and lookingin the mirror and hoping tosee someone who could tell herthe way home again. She wasn'tsure why she should want to go there except maybe to findthe missing piece that had alwayseluded her. The lonely genius puton her clothes but the…

John on the 9th

787787 views22 comments22 favs

"Excuse me. I believe you have a little something falling from your right nostril there," he said, pointing with his pinky.

Sleepwalker

735735 views22 comments22 favs

I may as well have been sleepwalking. Either way, I had no opportunity to admire the moonlight flooding into the long corridors, illuminating the stag heads and painted cheeks of long-dead ancestors.

Opening Line

11691169 views44 comments33 favs

I cannot read one more award winning novel by a female Asian author about the atrocities committed against their childhood, she thought. Then she sat down with her trusty yellow pad and Papermate fineline to write the next lyrical story of a female Asian writer and the…

Late at Night

10861086 views1313 comments1212 favs

My eyes hold my mother. It's not easy being human she tells me. She always told me. Sure, but the stories are lovely. We all know that. We generate the tales, tell the tales, kiss our children. Live on in their eyes, though, don't…

Otherwise Chaos

803803 views44 comments44 favs

“It’s okay” Her psychic from Santa Fe Said on the speaker phone: "live and love and create otherwise chaos"

Arcana Magi Zero + Pure - c.7

784784 views00 comments00 favs

Keiko covered her arm while holding the staff. She looked up and saw morning breaking through the sky, but something was unusual about it.

Cardboard Suitcase

12981298 views2222 comments1111 favs

There are no atheists or agnostics in our family.

Curves

11791179 views1414 comments66 favs

and the smiles light the way when the wind blows the darkness

eleven by eleven by five

10521052 views66 comments55 favs

(the hourglass has not gone digital, oh no,/but these days, silicon is in with the sand)