Most recent stories

The Search for Pastina Continues

966966 views22 comments11 fav

To assist you in recalling some of Episode One of - "A Poem by Jasmine Coriander-Semolina": My head lifted up slowly as I looked up through a gaussian blur of fragrant incense smoke and saw she was crying. She whispered that her daughter, Pastina, was last…

Mr. Wazzeldot

11231123 views66 comments11 fav

Mr. Wazzeldot has seven legs. He lives very comfortably. He likes to sit by the fire. There's a large cushion for a chair, and in the evenings, he sips his Bloody Marys. I know because I visit him…

The Art of Madness

13721372 views77 comments33 favs

He had an addiction to elevating himself to higher levels of potential: some would call this ambition.

Leave It To Cleavage

746746 views00 comments00 favs

Thus was Rent-a- Rat, Inc born. At first it was Rent-a-Rugrat, but we changed it so the Army wouldn’t be onto us. Our first headquarters was out of a damned tent on Red Square, but we would get the hell out of there as soon as we could muster the necessar

Ash

214214 views1717 comments1010 favs

Whenever my mother’s will-to-live wavered and her hand reached out for the electric fence, my ash would whisper, “Live, live.”

Visions

830830 views11 comment00 favs

colors dancing on metric vectors

Buy Me Some Peanuts

10471047 views33 comments22 favs

The voice on the other end mumbles, not forming words, but I understand: I am to be the starting third baseman for the Detroit Tigers.

Steven 33

972972 views11 comment00 favs

Steven 33 started small, made it big then opted out. All the great pillars of the world’s economic construction do that. Steven 33 saw an opening, then sold the idea just before yesterday dawned. His first fortune grew from fear.

Kitchen Consciousness

747747 views00 comments00 favs

she's bent over and reaching into the oven to pour fat over a chicken. I just want to tug those pants down and thrust.

Capt. Love's Last Command (poem)

10641064 views66 comments11 fav

The old man is dead, body propped in its cart like the dead El Cid strapped on his horse by Jimena to save Valencia, and yet...

Ratatouille

626626 views22 comments22 favs

The body receives its embrace but / only by the anti-body.

Abstractions

718718 views00 comments00 favs

Sleeping at home gives an inkling's idea,of absent last abstractions. Muses surf unknown unknowns, through keyways of sidewalk approaches.And manifold techniques frame afoul light's fated But ultimate demise.When once of…

Is this all, folks?

3636 views00 comments00 favs

The carrots were being pulled from below, one by one, accompanied by a cork popping sound as the leafy green tops disappeared in the neat dirt row of adult plants. Anticipating the next one to go, I grabbed the top and pulled back against a surprisingly strong resistance,…

The Grand Assembly of the RaZahn

806806 views00 comments00 favs

This anachronistic portion of the novel opens up a new and revelatory portion of the story which clarifies much of the mystery surrounding the developments.

My Heroes Now Are Robots

10151015 views99 comments55 favs

I understand why Warhol said/ “I want to be a machine.”/ Forget this sorry clay.

The Hamsa.... an excerpt

974974 views00 comments00 favs

It is your hamsa that protects us,” the girl whispers to me. “Then I shall give it to you,” I reply. “No,” she says in the unselfish innocence of her youth. “It is yours and you must keep it.” I smile and kiss her dirty forehead. Eternity passes whil

Fort Stark, New Hampshire

15761576 views88 comments55 favs

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get where you need to be.

egg

10181018 views22 comments11 fav

...

Awakening

11071107 views00 comments00 favs

I was awakened by a disturbing dream. He was no longer with me and I felt afraid. Everything was cloudy, almost blurry. I couldn't see much in front of me, but I knew for sure he wasn't there with me. Then he said the words I feared the most “I don't love you.…

Woman On A Bicycle

11871187 views00 comments00 favs

And the ocean was black and green and blue—as your dress that clung to your body’s curve. Round as the bend of the water trailing the false line of the shore.

Like Picasso

865865 views00 comments00 favs

lying back on inviolable sheets, your breasts spread apart like a child’s open hands you’d look up at me and smile

Proud Mary

884884 views11 comment00 favs

Mary had no shoes. She told me they were stolen by someone at the shelter and I believed her because she stood there outside the Arlington T stop in a pair of tube socks. She told me she wasn't asking for money. She told me the shelter was serving seafood today so her…

BIGGER

3535 views00 comments00 favs

Vegan friends, the following contains descriptions of hot dog and chicken eating. But 'vegetarian' is late Bronze Age word meaning Poor Hunter. Like 'fisherman' mean only good in water - Mongo Cro-Magnon Part One The BEST hot dog I ever ate by mike whitney, 63, in Clay…

Happiness

934934 views33 comments22 favs

Sometimes the universe is a coin flipping so fast it’s hard to see which side is polished and shiny.

Clover Grill: A Short Story

19721972 views1313 comments55 favs

I'm somewhere on I-10 in Mississippi, barreling westbound at 80 miles an hour through a rainstorm on a late Wednesday afternoon. The last road sign I remember was for Beauvoir, some Confederate general's…

Hook

10291029 views22 comments11 fav

“What the fuck!” Duke muttered, amazed at what he was seeing in the darkened store. A thin curtain of smoke was rising from under the baseboard like an inverted waterfall. It stretched the entire length of the left wall. Holy shit, the joint's on fire! I…

Cloudstopper (poem)

722722 views00 comments00 favs

She was Clementine Cropper and didn't you know She's the one you remember when there's talk of the blow.

And in Chicago Yet, and It Was 108*

634634 views00 comments00 favs

It was the middle of the night when she started hearing voices. She thought the voice was saying, “Hello Dolly, Hello Dolly,” and that was when she called the building manager. It was the middle of the night, but he came up to her apartment anyway, be

Working Animal

965965 views11 comment11 fav

There is an air of sulfur about you. I cannot tell if / it emanantes from you, or it is the stink of your clothes / from having been in hell for so long.

A Prayer for Adelaide

756756 views55 comments22 favs

Any God we could respect/ would listen, kind, to prayers,/ compassionate but resolute –