Most recent stories

Laundromat

12671267 views88 comments66 favs

Who am I?

Hearts

11911191 views22 comments22 favs

She thought of an animal checking a scent before mating, and imagined that he said to himself, “All I need is for this woman to be hitting on me.”

Truck, Medusa’s Hair Aflame, Young Boy Watches

930930 views00 comments00 favs

Air. But fire against the air. An interruption in the blue sky otherwise. Painted without a spread blemish or problem. Now there is a problem. I am roused from sleep. Sister says, Look. Look. Jacob wake up. What? A truck is on fire. What is? A…

Cancer Always Calls Collect - Part 1

11931193 views1010 comments44 favs

Again, that was not the man I once knew. If they were taking Las Vegas odds; I should be the one dealing with this first. Why was it him and not me?

Urgent, breathers: Pee before reading this novel!

13141314 views99 comments44 favs

A jollier zombie you shall never find. You must trust me on this!

Life during Wartime

13041304 views1010 comments88 favs

Nothing good comes from being lowered into a well to take a photograph, boy

Cavity

15861586 views1212 comments88 favs

his perfect ivory voice telling me i brush too hard. …as if he cared

Coffee Foam

10331033 views55 comments33 favs

We entered the castle at dawn. The dim light feebly illumined an array of antiques and medieval weapons. Bats dangled from the high vaulted ceiling, enfolded in membranous wings. What were once chandeliers radiating light were encrusted with webs and the ancient wax…

Of the Terrible Angels and Their Fleshy Conduits

878878 views1515 comments99 favs

Other pathways are more satisfactory. They are more closely attuned to music of the other world. Even so, the heat eventually burns them up.

Night Flight

880880 views11 comment00 favs

I heard them calling my name. “Will passenger Karen Anderson please come to flight desk Six Fourteen? Flight 912 is ready for takeoff. This is your last call.” “Mario, did you hear that?” I asked. “We’re on the wrong plane!”

Assiduity Fourteen

11771177 views55 comments33 favs

Don reports everything to Uzma and Rasheed, I'm aware of that. It doesn't bother me. I'm not hiding anything from them or anyone else.

Room # 23

830830 views44 comments00 favs

She stood for a moment to think about what happened inside. She had just killed her husband of twenty three years.

Gasp and Dash

22142214 views4848 comments2626 favs

I took a deep breath and turned the key. I pushed the door open just far enough to see. I backed out, closed the door and turned the key again. I walked to my car, knelt down and placed in front of the right front tire the little box with the holes in it that held the…

No Homo

10981098 views33 comments22 favs

We were talking in the dark in my room. He lay on a mattress on the floor. He came for a sleepover.

Misunderstood

14521452 views1515 comments1212 favs

Leonard didn't know that cute girl well, hardly at all, but he really wanted to. She was his first real crush in Junior High. He got his chance and talked to her some one day while they were walking down the hall between classes. She actually spoke to him first. The bell…

Get Up, Go Home

4646 views00 comments00 favs

She breaks away and goes toward the water. The cold screams up through her feet and her knees nearly give out, and she wants to pause, to yell her ear-splitting wordless pain, but she follows the moon out into the Lake. She lurches forward, gasping with e

Wanderer

10411041 views66 comments33 favs

There’s an unending parade of drifters, outlaws and crazies and I always have to watch my back, but, then again, that’s nothing new.

Downloaded Cheats

930930 views11 comment00 favs

You are my intergalactic princess / The most beautiful in twelve systems

Night Worlds and the Tropical Hope Bird

759759 views00 comments00 favs

In the nights there was a sense of surrounding trouble, a trouble that had no name, but waited there and sometimes it seemed to whisper strange thoughts from the curtains and other times it waited in silence by the closets and corners. It never quite…

Swan Dance

792792 views00 comments00 favs

The house stood quietly in its surrounds. Unnerved by the beauty that enveloped it. Green forest trees loomed round the house protecting it from the outside world and in front of it lay a sweeping lake that disappeared into the trees on…

Henry's Night

881881 views00 comments00 favs

Henry recognized the shoes. “There’s a little vampire came in with those on, but I last saw her over by the juice bar.” He couldn’t be bothered with Arthur’s “sections.” The club wasn’t that big that it had to be defined by sections.

Sorry, Sunflowers

146146 views33 comments11 fav

I've eaten all the sunflowers, spit the husks of their pupils onto the flood plain and cut away their stem-stalks. Now nobody can behold the sun. A feeble manx is trying to retrieve the cookies she dropped in the bubble bath tub. Snicker- doodles or…

Commitment

11701170 views33 comments22 favs

I have committed to nothing. Therefore I have committed to something. The first sentence is now moot, and this story will eat itself.

Curiosity

934934 views33 comments22 favs

They call me Curiosity and I am curious. I am also a robot. Please. Don't judge me. Robots are not all stupidly obedient, bubble headed twits with whirring gears, lithium batteries, and nanocrystalline electrodes. I have a temperature. I have self-monitoring…

Commute

13381338 views88 comments44 favs

Fred's ruined face stared back at him from a fractured, mold-spotted mirror. The remains of breakfast pooled around his feet and a pair of lace panties clung to his shoe, glued there by God knew what. Bits of flesh were stuck between his yellow teeth, alo

Sunday Morning Series- 5: On Divine Intervention

899899 views1212 comments88 favs

What does God find abhorrent?

The Meeting

11251125 views55 comments55 favs

When he leans back from the telescope through which he had been looking, he sports a derby and a Hercule Poirot moustache.

Meat and Bones

10071007 views33 comments33 favs

The man who put up the clothes line left his kids upstairs at night and came down to my bed.

Dreams

718718 views1111 comments1010 favs

"Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is…

Assiduity Thirteen

10321032 views99 comments55 favs

My relationship with Uzma exists on several levels, from basic to abstract, from animal magnetism to spiritual journey.