Most discussed stories

Counterproductive

917917 views22 comments22 favs

A fat kid running; the sounds of an ice-cream truck —counterproductive.

David and Big Bird

739739 views22 comments11 fav

Hot sweaty bodies slam into each other to get aboard the overflowing subway car. I struggle to wedge myself though the sliding doors, bracing for more bodies to press against mine. The passengers in front of me suddenly stop and fan out.

A Winter Gift

916916 views22 comments00 favs

As we follow the trail and things snap beneath our feet, I tell myself that the snapped things take pleasure, find purpose even, in the sounds they make with my soles.

Brother Dream

12951295 views22 comments11 fav

It’s always daylight there My brother comes running down the sidewalk holding out his arms and calling my name He’s wearing suspenders. He’s gotten thinner in heaven He embraces me warmly wanting us to be friends I give up trying to re

Pheasant Hunt

14791479 views22 comments22 favs

“I can’t remember if it goes in or out,” was the reply.

The Beach

11111111 views22 comments00 favs

The wind blows off the ocean soft and cool. I close my eyes in hopes to strengthen my sense of touch. A bit of sand wriggles through my teeth; crunchy and salty like spoiled oven-roasted peanuts. I imagine the air would smell like low tide if it wasn't constantly…

birdbrain

788788 views22 comments00 favs

feathered flightless freak of nature

a girl's legs stirring the air

810810 views22 comments11 fav

I dreamt my legs were stirring the air up behind your back, as you lay between my thighs. Stirring the air repetitively, like a sea anemone stirring the water to feed the soul, the hunger between the legs and arms, for new life. Stirring up the salt

Soft Serve

729729 views22 comments22 favs

Smooth slope-topped plateaus Turn liquid as latex, With ridgelines of pearls That separate and run At the rigidly textured Patterned wafercone. Edible scepter, Its liquefying cap Is strictly temporary And mostly…

My Yoko Ono

655655 views22 comments00 favs

When one hears the siren call of artsy high school love, there’s not much one can do except go ahead and crash on the rocks, sending incense sticks and candles flying.

So Little

513513 views22 comments22 favs

I must apologize for only having words to bring todaywith me. They seem so little to give and not much tooffer you. All their silly little hats seem to have been around with us now for quite some time. Others before me have certainly worn them farbetter…

The Ringlet: Part III

713713 views22 comments00 favs

The sand was covered with shards of mirror glass, which reflected the bright sun in myriads of twinkling daylight stars.

WAR AND MUSIC AND VIDS TO GO WITH

973973 views22 comments33 favs

I. Europa How else to begin but with Gustave Holst's Mars--the gods waging war in romantic twilight as drumbeats and cannons blast swathes in the gloaming and glory awaits in the halls of black smoke. A visual perhaps:…

Reunion

859859 views22 comments11 fav

You’d think we all would have learned something in our hearts since the towers fell, he thought, as Amy slid away from him. You had to get some perspective on the city, some view from outside, far outside, maybe from space, which would have afforded them

Letters from the Asylum (3)

13681368 views22 comments11 fav

She stepped into a pair of high heeled slippers and began to dance. She was Salome, a witch, dancing like the most beautiful, the most skilled whores of Paris.

Solitary Lunatics Up On The Roof

11001100 views22 comments11 fav

Up top, the sky is like a fist fight- fat lip purple and bitchslap pinks get wilder as the tabs kick in. Those hovering lights are aliens! we assert with insistent like-mindedness from where we sit directly beneath the airport flight path.

Confession

14031403 views22 comments22 favs

stole

Snopes

800800 views22 comments11 fav

“Did you check Snopes? I always check Snopes when I hear something stupid like that.” “I most certainly did not check Snopes. And it's not stupid. It's an established fact.” “Really? Cause once I heard about that kid from that old…

Cleaverly Done!

908908 views22 comments11 fav

‘what’s the hassle kiddo, chopping meat is fun, come here and listen to the music of the chop, the sound of steel ripping through air, slicing through flesh and hitting wood, poetry I say’.

Eldon vs. Grizz Sharks

12941294 views22 comments11 fav

One sunny day after Christmas Eldon went ice fishing with Grandma and Grandpa at Haymarsh. He was not fishing for Ice Fish but for regular fish who swam under the ice. Craig was there too. Craig was wearing more pairs of socks than anyone. He was wearing 3…

First Crush

908908 views22 comments00 favs

I wanted those jelly rolls so bad I could scream

Time. Stop.

921921 views22 comments22 favs

So young. So innocent. How do you tell a little one that her mother is dying? The father seemed to be bathing in a sea of hopelessness lately.

Nexxus Products Company

11901190 views22 comments22 favs

I think fat will just appear, like a narcotics cop at my door, or something.

The Opposite of Remember is Demember

11421142 views22 comments00 favs

No matter how you do it, forgetting something doesn’t mean as much once you’ve forgotten.

Breath and Shadow

639639 views22 comments00 favs

I do not like it when the dead look back at me.

Spare Parts

837837 views22 comments22 favs

Breaker's Yard Blues!

Ladybird

10521052 views22 comments11 fav

On the other pillow is a ladybird which escaped from a dream. It reminds me of when I was a tiny red polka dot. And then bigger, and other colours. And then… I stare at the ceiling, searching its soul for little things. The ladybird touches my arm, whispers…

A Raisin in The Sun

10141014 views22 comments00 favs

I was about sixteen or seventeen when James Miller had a stroke and died. He was a friend of my father's and a preacher-guy. The last time our church had been that full was at the barbecue the weekend after the church was built. Somehow, the structure went…

"they call me the midnight gambler"

992992 views22 comments22 favs

That night I came as close to getting laid as I had ever come in my life, without actually getting laid, after two and a half hours of intense petting, begging her to go down in the front seat of my car, with her asking: Why? Why, Jerry? Why? That was a

We're all Mad here. I'm Mad. You're Mad!

943943 views22 comments11 fav

She heard the quick footsteps and knew where they were headed. Running down the hall she knew she “only had 1 hour left and there was no time to waste”.