Most discussed stories

Honeybee

11011101 views22 comments11 fav

Forgetting her inhibitions, she dove for him.

Shenanigans 2 - Anticipation

880880 views22 comments00 favs

One Private View, four couples, not all of whom are adulterous.

Round And Round

929929 views22 comments00 favs

"GROW A PAIR AND DRIVE! DRIVE!!"

Science Fiction

576576 views22 comments11 fav

This is the story of the metastasis of the national security state.

Lilies

904904 views22 comments11 fav

Every spring, outside on the back deck, my mother and I have the same talk about how time flies, and she always waves her hand in the air as if swatting at a fly, but there's never anything there. She thinks the lilies will live all summer spread like a rainbow,…

And her child

12131213 views22 comments22 favs

The mother was happy, though. She was happy because she could make him some soup and then she could feed it to him in bed.

Lessons Learned

10851085 views22 comments11 fav

What was so bad about other religions that their followers were automatically condemned to eternal damnation? The priests were so convincing when they claimed Christ was the only true way.

Crossed

459459 views22 comments22 favs

Their raging energy felt like a unified force that could catapult itself in any direction at a second’s notice, like a heat-seeking missile targeting the next warm body.

cleveland

415415 views22 comments22 favs

The girl went outside her door and stood and stared at the sky.there were clouds in the sky. the girl wore glasses with black framesthe girl stared at the sky some more and put on a bright yellow baseball hatshe sat in a white resin chairthe girl sat quietly and watched the…

Waffle House Worker Survives Wild Ride on Car Hood

921921 views22 comments00 favs

After three teens took off without paying and he clung to the hood of their car He wasn’t trying to be a hero sandwich or otherwise but climbed onto the hood when they tried to run him over There was some question and dispute over th

Books

10551055 views22 comments22 favs

'Like poems,’ I said she paused and nodded her black mop.

enchantment

898898 views22 comments11 fav

I remember taking you to see all these sexy movies because it really built up the passion in you. I loved what you did to me when we got back home after those movies. That’s when we were just trying out our dating wings. I don’t know if you knew how

The First Snowfall

10251025 views22 comments00 favs

the smell of the small cedar chips burning in the fireplace

untitled

141141 views22 comments00 favs

Emily's just two miles away She has a Theremin leg She loves to play hopscotch all day And slide home to tea on a sled Bergamot flavours her favourite foods Strawberries grow in her hair She doesn't like guns, she loves hot-cross buns And…

For the Record

898898 views22 comments22 favs

As being ebbs it deepens. The mind grows truant. We inhabit a permanent Saturday.

Babybonic Plague

16571657 views22 comments22 favs

What is the half-life of the daycare cold? That's what I'd like to know. Somewhere a scientist is carbon-dating a pterodactyl's knuckles, but does anyone really care?

Final Score: Reality – 1; Desire – 0

12801280 views22 comments00 favs

His velvet mouth, shaped perfectly to intertwine with hers, teases the space between them until its caress finds her.

The Grand Inn

950950 views22 comments11 fav

I saw blood. The walls of the bar were completely covered in red shag carpeting. Had I been thrown back in time to the Seventies? It felt as if I had entered Hell itself. No, this was not Hell. This was the Aryan-Brotherhood's version of the movie Shaft. I…

On The Stoop

11431143 views22 comments11 fav

The leaves were meaningless because they were no longer connected to the trees.

Flo Rida!

601601 views22 comments00 favs

Ida Ho

notes on flying

881881 views22 comments22 favs

Going to Atlanta 6AM Despite all the issues presented by Delta this morning (the rescheduling of my 7am flight at 1am to a flight at 10, giving me a two minute layover time in Detroit, and my eventual own rescheduling of my flight to 6am, and waiting…

A Political Man

835835 views22 comments22 favs

There's a potent multimedia declaration Flying eagles starred and striped Mocking cartoon independence Where every promise shines Not every veteran's hero Chequered drug misuse Glorious public relations Concealed a…

Gummi Worms, Love, etc.

10201020 views22 comments11 fav

It was R who embodied love for me. We’d eaten gummi worms in the park, held them up to the sun, yellow and green and translucent. When we returned to her flat, they were everywhere. I’d never seen such a thing. They hung in the air, these gummi worms.

LIES

926926 views22 comments00 favs

When I was nine years old, I fell through the rotting boards that covered my grandmother's cesspool and nearly drowned.

The Fergus Incident

12251225 views22 comments00 favs

Fergus Winston, a former accountant from New York, finds himself mixed up in the middle of a trafficking operation in small town Iowa.

The Sporting Club

526526 views22 comments11 fav

There had been a whore house at the spot for a century, since the cowboys drove cattle up the Chisolm Trail to town, to be loaded onto boxcars bound for the Chicago stockyards.

My Latest Failure

11511151 views22 comments22 favs

Jason, the obnoxious host, thrusts his microphone against my nose.

The Virtues of the Patient Lizard

10031003 views22 comments22 favs

He will feast and die beneath the glaring gaze of the western sky, waiting patiently for what will come next

The Nude Pianist: A Novel: Chapter 10

10331033 views22 comments22 favs

Sounds terrific, but are there any strings attached?

It's Not Enough

713713 views22 comments11 fav

I'll never forget the way you tasted that last morning that I ever saw you.The blurry eyed look on my face as I searched your bed for my tshirt, and you in a hurry because you were already late for work bending down onto the bed and grabbing my chin the…