Alphabetical stories

A Dutiful Daughter

969969 views33 comments00 favs

The first indication I had of what I look like came when a man put me back on the rack, remarking that I was too pink. Over the weeks that followed, I gained a few more ideas about my appearance from the comments of people in the shop. My photographic side had been…

a face made of glass

337337 views1111 comments77 favs

.

A Facebook Love Story

18281828 views44 comments11 fav

This is a story about Jim and Robin. They are strangers. Or at least they were. They are at the same party, but standing on opposite sides of the room. Robin is standing near the door thinking, “I wish there was someone here to talk to,” when she sees Jim. …

A Familiar Song of Love Song

11671167 views1010 comments99 favs

Take a bird down from the sky, just for a moment, it endears you to me. Find a raindrop in the pouring rain, it is a jewel beyond compare, unless you Are directly in possession of it. Drop it. There is a star that I cannot help seeing In the…

A Far Cry From Living

13001300 views1010 comments55 favs

I don't want no laugh track I'm trying to find something that's real

A Fate Worse than Death

21022102 views44 comments33 favs

The abandoned body got up and left the room. It was just in time to greet his wife and daughter, who were just coming in the front door.

A FEELING OF FOREBODING

670670 views00 comments00 favs

Part I I look down at the milk soaked, fabricated, Bits of synthetic nutrition and The feeling comes over me. I race down the highway in my gas guzzling, Smog belching, status symbol and still The feeling overtakes me. I look at my precious offspring, I see…

A Felinist Critique of Macbeth

19371937 views66 comments22 favs

Lady Macbeth goes around moaning “out, out damned spot,” when a well-placed lick would have solved the problem immediately, with no unnecessary and heavy-handed dialogue. Once again, clumsy work.

A Few Good Band Names

930930 views44 comments33 favs

Auto and the Grease-Pits Sugar Cube Full Frontal The Holy Grill Crazy Al and the Squirrels Talk Is Cheap Grilled Cheese Sandwich Cold Zippers Destiny Howl Epiphany Critter Cold Kneecaps Crepes Pulled Pork Baby Seals and the Club

A Few Images Illuminating the Difficulty of Being a Young, Talentless Writer in Manila

859859 views22 comments11 fav

A ten-ton bus with ill-manners going slow

A Few Introductory Words

10531053 views44 comments00 favs

And without further ado, The Author.

a few of my favorite beacons of hope and tenderness

10241024 views77 comments33 favs

life is a lucky thing, bountiful among the drugs and flowers

A Few Random Things I Learned About Bill Murray from "The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray."

911911 views22 comments00 favs

He once owned a dog named Bark. As a kid, he was kicked out of the Boy Scouts of America. His childhood nickname was “Sleepy.” When he was little, and alone, he used to sing songs to God. When he joined Second City in 1973, the troupe was…

A Fib

13451345 views88 comments77 favs

We want our lives even-cut, …

A Figure Left the Building

11611161 views1616 comments1010 favs

A figure left the building.

A Fine Life

11071107 views66 comments66 favs

It's really not too bad. The personI am was me. We laughed insidetheir sacred places at all the monieswell spent. We walked in the gardenswithout any shoes on. Not one singleflower seemed to mind. And now it'sa forgotten mess or so I imagine.I'd rather you think about…

A Fish Story

14501450 views66 comments55 favs

On their first meeting, when Hans rolled his wheelchair to her door she would be he first to say that her heart sank. But he was so beautiful and charming and funny and quirky that his disability was soon forgotten.

A Flam

11771177 views77 comments66 favs

In the blacklight of the storm, mother would tremble, spit and sway as the shutters would clatter and she would give away her balance. It was more than my heart could bear. She would always center her accusation with, “your boyfriend is a rake and a flam.” That…

A Flap and a Flutter from a Belfry

881881 views11 comment11 fav

After our visit to Phoenix and following our inspection of the Grand Canyon, our seminary octet continued its twelve-thousand mile sojourn across the country as a quintet.

A Flat Sheet and One Standard Pillowcase

958958 views00 comments00 favs

this is your hair, this is your stare, this is your voice

A Fog Will Press Forever at Your Shoulders

824824 views33 comments22 favs

Sandy lay motionless on the ground, death giving her a look only describable as "ancestral."

A Forest

22492249 views3838 comments2828 favs

Her mind was full of fresh air and swung like a bee over clover.

A Free Rinse

12931293 views33 comments33 favs

“Turn the fucking thing off!” I yelled above the noise. “It’s fucking New Year’s morning!”

A Friend From Back Then

10331033 views1212 comments1212 favs

That afternoon she met me in the lobby of my hotel and we simply smiled at each other in the elevator going up to my room where we sat on the couch for about three hours and told of our lives, of being apart, for so many years, then sensing our time was nearly used up, I…

A Friend To Outlive

720720 views00 comments00 favs

I didn't much care for the graveyard anymore now that so many people I knew where layin' in it.

A Frog in a Well

14851485 views11 comment11 fav

Ikkyu liked coming over especially at dinner. I'm a great cook and even though he no longer needed to eat himself, the idea of a sumptuous meal and a nice bottle of wine appealed to him. We'd commune about the poetry of karma flowers, seafood, and women, he in his robes and…

A Funeral for Eddie Moon

10171017 views00 comments00 favs

‘It's perfect,' said Maggie as she lay in the casket. Harold Barnes offered his hand. ‘It's a shame he never got to see it,' Maggie continued as she climbed free of the coffin.

A Game of Dodge Ball

11211121 views22 comments22 favs

Mo Dean woke up sober. And tired. Tired of life, of soiled pants, rash, vomit, and whiskey sweat. Tired of holes in his pockets and blisters on his feet, of hanging signs asking for dimes and getting only pennies. And most of all, tired of the police.

A Gardener in February Thinks About June

12821282 views77 comments77 favs

I want to be that daring gardener who ploughs up her front yard -- to the horror of the Neighborhood Association.

A Girl / An Elderly Woman / A Bear

13111311 views88 comments44 favs

A girl waiting at the door, heart in a Ziploc. An elderly woman stopping at the bank. A bear in a screaming contest with a troop of girl scouts.