Alphabetical stories

T.S. Eliot On His Deathbed

11921192 views99 comments66 favs

I guess at the end you’re only looking forward. Or upward actually, since you can only lie there on your back looking upward, straight ahead toward infinity, your mouth in a grimace, with the ghostly pink lips peeled back from the teeth.

Tabasco Revenge

969969 views00 comments00 favs

Avant-garde morning sun floated through bay windows, the illumination cascaded and curled and descended the air ripples which emanated from the oscillating fan in the corner. Gathered on the rug the light hovered in anxious intensity. Suspended dust- jelly was…

Table for One

961961 views22 comments11 fav

He keeps re-reading the menu but knows already how it ends..

Table for one

948948 views00 comments00 favs

Black tagliatelle with squid and funghi porcini. He didn't understand why they called it a special, it had been in the menu since day one they had opened.

Table Talk

911911 views1515 comments77 favs

Her voice gets screechy as she talks of the boy he was caught fondling in the bathroom of a bowling alley. The worst part: the dumb schmuck doesn’t even bowl.

Table Thoughts

12471247 views77 comments88 favs

“You should've let him drown,” she once told me. Doesn't she see that I did? I'll let her drown, too.

Tablecloth Dresses: Song

836836 views33 comments11 fav

I see you’re wearing your tablecloth top again your tablecloth dress to impress me and distress me with all your tablecloth positions for your luncheons on the grass with all your famous friends who found you on your ass Yes we can

Tabula Rasa

835835 views55 comments33 favs

accidental ground/ for index-fingered figures

Tabula Rasa

990990 views44 comments11 fav

When I was younger, I tried very hard to be myself, but it never worked. I'd close my eyes, wait a beat, open them and slowly bring them into focus. This is the new me, the only me. Never worked, not once. It could only last a minute or two, so I…

tacos are a flowering plant just south of here

15021502 views1717 comments99 favs

"we are all headed to be forsaken by animal hearts a mountain of poor"

Tadpoles

14701470 views2525 comments1717 favs

Whole frogs are/ too difficult.

Taikutsuna, Abburido, Boring

10141014 views88 comments33 favs

A Beatles haircut and loose Khaki painters overalls rendered the child sexless. He or she walked over to Hugh’s side and standing tiptoe peered into the casket. She, for Hugh had determined it was a girl, stroked the silk lining.

Tails

10681068 views88 comments00 favs

"I found a dead bunny one morning. This was about three weeks ago. Its tiny round pom-pom of a tail was missing."

Tainted Love

15411541 views1515 comments1010 favs

...skinny love, skinned and thinned weak broth love...

Tak Tuckerby

11881188 views00 comments00 favs

Tak Tuckerby was a racecar driver. He could drive a racecar fast and handle a racecar perfectly. Unfortunately, Tak could only drive in one direction.

Take

265265 views88 comments55 favs

.

take

12821282 views55 comments44 favs

THERE'D been mutterings on the shareholders' board about a dodgy deal shoved through. In the rush after the towers' thing to get out relevant stock an executive producer had signed off on some film school kid for five big ones to shoot a…

Take Abe To Mass

706706 views33 comments00 favs

Near Christmas in Chicago they used to have these pictures of a five dollar bill on billboards all around the city, with the caption: Take Abe to Mass. On the front steps before going into the church, we encountered a ver

Take Back the Night

10221022 views1717 comments99 favs

A woman who is, say, a culinary arts champion or an heiress devoted to literature such as Bryher (Annie Winifred Ellerman) or Peggy Guggenheim might be able to turn me on, turn me out, turn me around.

take off your shoes

10621062 views11 comment11 fav

feet soft as eyelids on the tarmac

Take our marriage and replace it with blue cheese dressing,

14161416 views1010 comments1111 favs

the brand we like best and buy whether it's on sale or not. Surely there is another blue cheese dressing that is sold, possibly in San Francisco and made in a Berkeley basement by hippies who scrape together all of their change twice a year and buy cheese from an ancient…

Take Out

993993 views11 comment00 favs

You're stupid drunk. And not feeling so good. You know you should stop doing this. But what else is there to do, especially since your brother went in? And now Roberto's gone to pick up his lady and left you alone, empty. Couldn't even drive you home. You don't…

Take the 40 Million Years Without Sex Challenge!

13121312 views33 comments22 favs

Scientists have determined that a tiny freshwater organism known as the "bdelloid rotifer" gave up sex 40 million years ago. And you thought the spark had gone out of your marriage.

Take Two Llamas and Call Me in the Morning

910910 views11 comment11 fav

A nursing home that doesn’t believe in antipsychotic drugs uses alternative methods to calm patients, including a llama named Travis who walks through the halls.

Take Two Llamas and Call Me in the Morning

899899 views44 comments22 favs

A Massachusetts nursing home that doesn’t believe in antipsychotic drugs uses a llama named Travis to calm patients.

Take You Me for a Sponge, My Lord?

578578 views1212 comments99 favs

Who does that besides Kafka, Arreola, and Steven Wright?

Take Your Gun to Work Day

14171417 views2929 comments1515 favs

In a rousing show of support for guns and the owners who love them, the Legislature passed and Governor Greg Abbott gleefully signed a law proclaiming April 15 as Take Your Gun to Work Day in Texas.

Take-Home Quiz

19191919 views44 comments22 favs

1.) Please discuss any real-life problems you may have encountered having to do with the concept of “the look” or “the male gaze” as propounded in some of the feminist criticism readings we've done thus far this semester.

Take-Home Quiz [DIRECTOR'S CUT: Now, w/pretty colors & font changes!]

17491749 views22 comments33 favs

[PLEASE SHOW YOUR WORK!]

taken

880880 views55 comments55 favs

today somewhere by water this photograph of a woman