Alphabetical stories

LLC

768768 views22 comments00 favs

The formula is fucked.

Lobster

12521252 views77 comments66 favs

She loved me once. When we were young and the world revolved slowly in our hands. She never said as much, but she did. I knew by the way she moved, the looks, the whispers in the dead of night that carried only to my ears. We spent weeks on that beach in…

Lobster's Alive

659659 views33 comments00 favs

Oh, no! the lobster’s still alive staring out at us from the freezer at the fish shop sitting on top of the other dead fish and ice its large claws taped shut with orange rubber bands one eye stalk moving occasionally wonde

Local Man Makes Good

12561256 views66 comments44 favs

A junkyard Bison seems an odd choice over the usual dog, but it did the job--trampling trespassers, vagrants and unautorized salvagers with a violent and admirable efficiency

Location

11391139 views66 comments44 favs

A sunrise over the dark Atlantic, on a perfect beach day, tasting of salt and warmth and powdered sugar; of last, desperate kisses of youth, still shivering from delicious night, is beautiful.A sunrise over the dark ruins of Syria, on hot dusted stones, tasting of lament…

Locations

14651465 views1313 comments1212 favs

They confess love for Karaoke and metal rock. They have purchased expensive Stratocasters and Zildjians.

Loch Traignarry Light

10571057 views66 comments44 favs

The Traignarry Light Preservation Society meets monthly, and welcomes visitors.

Lockdown

12281228 views1212 comments33 favs

I'm explicating Emily Dickinson when the alarm starts: three long, two short. Lockdown mode. Only there was nothing in the staff bulletin about a drill. So I tell the students to get down on the floor, away from the window. I open the classroom door and lock it from…

Lockdown

10031003 views66 comments22 favs

That son of a bitch locked me in the house again. Come over and knock in a window. One of them by the roses; he won’t see. Be a dear.

Locked in a Small-Town Cage with My Superheroes, and Having No Way to Get an MFA... (Memoir)

12761276 views44 comments33 favs

...I grew up in a provincial town which at the time had no bookstore and no library — no library even at school...

Locust Valley Breakdown

14861486 views22 comments00 favs

The specialist had kept what he'd taken out of Sue May. I made an appointment with him and was shown it floating in a jar of clean unguent.

Loettoer to the oEditor: Poet Frioendly Town?

9292 views11 comment00 favs

Aftoer roenting for 11 yoears, the ownoers are soelling. I livoe with a poet. Thoeroe aroe no availabloe roentals that will loet moe koeoep him. I thought Carmoel was known to be poet-frioendly. Studioes show that poets hoelp poeople livoe longoer. Ploeasoe oexcusoe…

LOL

699699 views33 comments11 fav

LOL? What does that mean? It’s showing up like everywhere. You make me LOL? Is that equivalent to puke, do you think? But no, they would have said: you make me want to LOL. And I’m like HMB, you know, Holding My Belly, To Keep From Puking. TKFP.

Lola

924924 views33 comments11 fav

I know you through the rich dark brown soilcrumbling in my fingers like chocolate cake.I imagine you nurtured bell-shaped papayas,coaxing their smooth, leathery skinfrom green to yellow,while mangoes, the colors of the island sunset,hung with their tantalizing sweet…

London Calling

794794 views55 comments44 favs

Bloomsbury crowd

London Fog

12141214 views33 comments11 fav

I stumbled out of the Ten Bells pub, still a bit tipsy from the absinthe, but had a clear vision of what I wanted to have happen this night. The air was cold on my rosy cheeks, so I shielded my face…

london walking (empty streets)

833833 views33 comments11 fav

st. paul is steeped in fog. mist and rain make the north side a grainy faded photograph, almost timeless.

London, The Ungodly Hour

746746 views22 comments00 favs

2am

Lonely Hearts

12041204 views1515 comments1616 favs

He didn't hide it. He told her he was a mortician when he called. He had responded to her ad in the Lonely Hearts section of the newspaper.

Long Division

945945 views22 comments11 fav

This energy said, "Fuck it, I am going to be the fucking sun." In it’s language it sounded more like "Khershhhhhhh Hhhhhhhhhhh Zirshhhhhhh."

long goodbye

10091009 views66 comments33 favs

where are you today?/ where you are is the one thing/ i love & cannot know

Long Island Roulette

11421142 views33 comments11 fav

We sat quietly in my truck. My lit cigarette twitched between my lips. Samantha and I stared at the front door of Planned Parenthood in Worcester.

Long Night, Hard Night

838838 views11 comment11 fav

It had been a long night, a hard night. The sky had been filled with blackened clouds, patters of wind snapping and whipping like a pirate's flag hung at full mast. Rain beat…

Long Sticks Are Often Useful

11781178 views1111 comments1010 favs

It was just lying there by the side of the road next to a mailbox, pockets turned out, weeds kinda rolled flat around it. I counted three nickels, a dime, and a cigar butt too. I could sure use the change for gum, but I didn't want to get near it. It looked dead,…

Long Term Medical Plan

10211021 views00 comments00 favs

“It's going to be hitting around the mid-90's tomorrow” said the television expert. “So what? Like 1995?” “Maybe, perhaps even '96” “Does this mean I should break out my Backstreet Boys record?” …

Long Walks On the Beach: Song

642642 views11 comment11 fav

I don’t like long walks on the beach Or sand between my toes Jellyfish stinging my butt Saltwater up my nose I don’t like long lingering glances But I sure like fancy pantses And yes, a bum without a bottle Is like a car without a throttl

Longing For The Sea

10411041 views22 comments00 favs

The sighs of the nearby shore came to me through an open window.Wave after gentle wave caressed her broad, sand crusted skin. Mesmerized, I lay still.The in out sound of breathing now filled the room.Your warmth enveloping me like the satin…

Longing of the Broken-Hearted

743743 views44 comments22 favs

I remember sitting on the screened-in front porch of my house on Illinois Street that summer that we met. I had just come up from school at downstate Illinois. I remember eating a peach and listening to the sounds in my neighborhood, just listening. The

Longshot Down Undah

11811181 views1111 comments77 favs

He said stuff like ‘Crikey that's a knife',” she said, “it was bad, really really bad.”

Looking at the Light of the Moon on the Sea

11941194 views44 comments22 favs

It was hard, in the crowded vacation house, to make love as they would have alone.