Alphabetical stories

I Can't Breathe

718718 views66 comments55 favs

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."--Desmond Tutuand all the animals are migrating away from us. That can't be good. I can't breathe and the moon is on fire. I can't breathe and the ground is starting to rise…

I Can't Complain

10931093 views77 comments77 favs

To tell the truth, I can’t complain. Look, lots of people have it tough. I don’t have it tough...

i can't have

15031503 views55 comments33 favs

Hey there little hippie girl, smilin’ to the ears and dripping with scarves, I cherish our friendship. However, every time you take off your shoes to dance at a rock show, hair swingin’ like silk vines in the paradise that is your shaking ass...

I Cant Do This Anymore

14161416 views1212 comments44 favs

It's a lie, it doesnt mean anything this, only that my lips are ripe and soft.

I Cant' Help Falling in Love

8282 views00 comments00 favs

Time to story-tell the time.Time the tune was playedin The King Cottageon the Coco Palms Plantation.Its outside shower built of lava rock.Walgreens developed the vacation snaps.OMG: Was that a nipple shot?Time to tell it was his room too.Elvis in Blue…

I Can’t Wait To Develop Patience, But

667667 views22 comments22 favs

And they let the angels out at twilight, the dark twins of bats, and their troubled undersides. Never were the bats so disturbed. Never until now has true evil been so see-through, and clear.

I Channel Quevedo

851851 views55 comments44 favs

-Hey, life! Nobody answers? WTF? -Ah life! Nobody answers me. Well, what did I expect?

I Confess to God in the Shower

15041504 views99 comments55 favs

During fifth grade, I was called / closeted queer and tall faggot.

I Dated A 50 Foot Woman

11061106 views11 comment11 fav

There was no need to drive. She could travel ten miles in ten minutes. She merely had to be careful not to step on any cars or trucks.

I Did Not Write This

307307 views55 comments44 favs

PhD's in remorse. Babes without eyes. Presbyterian church-goers baked in their pies. Miss prim-and-propers stranded on meadows. Men rescuing cats then queuing for medals. I did not write this, I swear I did not write this. Saurian…

I didn't ask for help

965965 views11 comment00 favs

I didn't ask for help

I Don't Blame You

15281528 views1515 comments1212 favs

for going forthe river and being blinded by its millionsof invisible fish, all sparklinglike pink enchanteddreams made of rosequartz and shaped like glassroses, who would? I fell for an illusionaftermy own fashion,but I could alwaysadmit mymistakes and catcha laugh out…

I Don't Know How the Nights Can Be So Long When Life Is So Short

857857 views44 comments44 favs

I will always remember that picture of you in your bright blue summer dress, with your arms spread out against a wooden fence in Central Park.

I Don't Know How the Nights Can Be So Long When Life Is So Short

12301230 views55 comments44 favs

The tall, standing woman with bright red lipstick, elegant at one time, you could tell, responding, “She has dementia,” pointing at her brain. “She was a Holocaust survivor.” And the one they’re talking about turns as she’s pushing her wal

I Don't Know What I might say

12481248 views1111 comments88 favs

But it all works out. I guess. Truth is something I'm sure I've never seen before, but the more time goes on, the Less I'm inclined to believe in it. Still I don't want To be one of those giving the finger to God And begging for a showdown with an…

I Don't Know What This is About, But.

10001000 views55 comments00 favs

Bent, crooked and straight, knifed.

I Don't Know Why I Bother With You

954954 views22 comments33 favs

I think we had parties with cats before— you were Mr. Gallant, and I Madame Sunshine—we would drink tea laced with toilet spray, and you would complain:…

I Don't Know Why People Still Read These Things

898898 views55 comments33 favs

POETRY IS DEGENERACY / IS A DISGUSTING HABIT

I Don't Understand Poets

929929 views88 comments66 favs

I haven’t read many of them, these poets that they speak of – Whitman and his Leaves Of Grass, Mary Oliver and her wild life

I Don't Want to Go to the Bronx

10001000 views55 comments33 favs

"... each of them stuck in one finger to sample the goods. Just then Katie felt a breeze on her bare legs. Her skirt literally moving."

I Don’t Think Her Last Name Was Tucker

10541054 views1010 comments99 favs

I ran into Tanya at “Pearl's” — maybe it was still called “Big Balls” — over in the Stockyards (Ft. Worth) in '72 and right up front we both admitted to loving honky-tonks and “done me wrong” songs which is why we were there…

I Draw a Map

15271527 views1212 comments77 favs

I draw your location on my thighs. It takes up both legs; it’s far. I think about showing you but something comes up. The phone rings. I tell her I don’t want to donate to the PBA.

i dream

10571057 views66 comments44 favs

i dream a thousand interconnected pictures. i dream the future. i dream we are together. i dream i love you. i dream i am forgiven. i dream you care. i dream nice dreams. i go to the bank. i deposit my check. i pay the rent. i pet the cat. i…

I Dreamt I Was Vermeer

503503 views66 comments33 favs

I dreamt I was Vermeer For just a little while I took this photo of a criminal A mugshot really And claimed I had painted it From memories of a previous life He looked just like a Vermeer With the light coming in From the side of his fac

I Fall in Love Too Fast

950950 views44 comments22 favs

It was Wednesday, the papers had a food section that day, so the gap-toothed news hawker at the mouth of Winter Street would yell out “Foozection! Foozection!”

I fall out of love, learn not to worry, and get ready to embrace the foreign war...

10171017 views1515 comments1111 favs

Love hurts... Really.

I fell in love with jackal face

780780 views11 comment11 fav

As we stood there, my hair slung over his shoulder like uncooked pizza dough, I updated my wish.

I Follow

10021002 views00 comments00 favs

Her shoes, left uninhibited below, seem sad but understanding, and she is so in love with something, which makes me so in love with the idea of her.

I Found Myself in Waters

517517 views00 comments00 favs

Unready for the world, we pawned ourselves for a longer lease on youth.

i found this.

10431043 views00 comments00 favs

Home is where my parents live and my relatives visit.