Most recent stories

In the Chambers of the End

10271027 views44 comments11 fav

Tiny skiers look like beetles/on a white bedspread. /We watch them fall to earth from/the high peaks and tell ourselves this is the week that sealed it

Father's Day

10031003 views1010 comments77 favs

“What do you want for Father's Day?” she asks. “Sex,” he says, his mouth curling at the corners, “and a bottle of Shiraz.” …

Grammaria

26812681 views44 comments33 favs

With the sudden addition of a comma and a pronoun, the clause declared its independence.

The Subsequent Ferocious Silence Is

11071107 views66 comments55 favs

just another torn & burning journeyflag for the rebel heart. All we know forsure is that dancing among the toads andcrickets takes a bit of courage. Beauty takesreal living guts these days. Laughing takes guts,too. Living takes love. Love is feeling. What'dyou think I…

Ashtray Blues

292292 views22 comments22 favs

O most disconsolate ashtray, you are not politically correct, it's a conspiracy I suspect. O most disconsolate ashtray, how I long to see your smoke arise, suspended in my eyes, now you have nothing left to do but sit there in a smokeless …

Esmeralda

11231123 views33 comments22 favs

Being an uncredited bonus composition, written in the sublimest access of divine afflatus this poet believes his lyric verse has ever known. “In olden times, dark was not counted fair”: Those were the words, I think, of some old poet. …

Great Rift Valley

11611161 views11 comment22 favs

she shivered in the ceasefire like a virginal nude brought to life.

To Fill the Hollows

755755 views55 comments55 favs

most famously, a small/ writhing dog. A thousand casts were made/ before they stopped

A man with bleeding hands

12541254 views55 comments44 favs

A man with bleeding hands at the back door of Out of the Closet this morning asked me for the bride and groom figurines at the top of my donation box

Fuzzy Mollis

10301030 views33 comments11 fav

My small kitchen has barely enough room to turn around in, yet I had the feeling I was being watched. When I experience it again, just seconds later, I realize it was eyes watching, actual eyes, not a camera or machine.

The Breakup

10741074 views44 comments55 favs

Don’t break things, I add. And he looks at me like I’ve broken everything else.

Dear Andreas,

27112711 views44 comments44 favs

Dear Andreas,My mom is asking me to come home.They found you amongst the ferries, down the street from the pile of unearthed bedrock I lived on as a child. It took two months before you showed up again. You left everyone scared, running to the bridges, but there was no one.…

Hot Dog Hot Dog

11251125 views44 comments44 favs

A man on the sidewalk dressed as a hot dog hits a triangle dinner bell with a clang and yells for everyone to come and eat at Hot Dog Hot Dog. We were feeling more like fish and chips or spicy pulled pork, but there's something about how…

Night Talk

10931093 views99 comments99 favs

She said, "Tonight let's talk of things untrue and he said, ' Like black is white and night is day and up is down and in is out?' and she said, 'Yeah, those things we know to be false for sure like you know, like...well, you could say, 'I really love you' and I could say,…

The Stranger

924924 views55 comments33 favs

“I can't go to sleep,” Jonathan said, laying on the doctor's couch. He counted on his fingers to keep his mind active. “I'll certainly die if I do.”

Ballerina

12151215 views88 comments88 favs

His mother was a ballerina.

Sleep Soak

6161 views66 comments66 favs

.

The World Explained

10751075 views55 comments44 favs

This is why the earth revolves around the sun: refrigerator magnets.

The Small Blue House

11571157 views55 comments44 favs

She allowed him to wash her hair. Touching it in a wet state, running his hands through it in a soapy state, wringing the water out when he was finished—he was ecstatic.

Waiting for the Voice on the Line

11591159 views1818 comments1111 favs

hoping for a happy outcome/ like a kindly voice on the line

Flower Power

893893 views66 comments55 favs

"Poets are damned but they are not blind, they see with the eyes of the angels."--William Carlos WilliamsThere is something beautiful I want to say to you that doesn't seem to make much more sense in a box of clever words like this one. It feels closer to…

The Lincoln Effect

10641064 views33 comments22 favs

Ty speed-walked down the long ass tunnel that connected his “A” train to the NJ Transit bus, which would take him across the bridge, where he'd splurge for a cab to take him home.

Tidbit

10091009 views22 comments22 favs

By dawn, she is ready to hunt.

The Journalist Sips His Tea

314314 views88 comments33 favs

It isn't fashion or politics, centipedes or Morgellons, but the sanctity of melons, the squeezing out of juices. Now that we are purified,addicted to the colour red, neon signs announceelectricity is dead.A tranquil crowd of strangers, anxious…

The Mayor

11121112 views22 comments22 favs

The streets downtown belong to the people. The people wanted greater transparency. They wanted Mayor Abok to be straight and narrow with them. They wanted their streets to be level and safe to drive their vehicles on. They wanted their streets to be usefu

Here Comes the Sun/ There Goes the Moon

10871087 views66 comments66 favs

still have the yellow rose that I did not throw into the grave.

Rehab

11381138 views1313 comments1212 favs

Well, I finally checked myself into this what you call a “ Facebook Rehab Clinic” up here just about 40 miles outside of Kalispell, Montana in a little town called Gulag and, as I'm sure you can guess, there's no posting or commenting or liking anything anymore…

The Answer at the Bottom of the Stairs

840840 views22 comments11 fav

She knew she had missed a step as her body rolled down the stairs. Panic set in as the world flew by her at lightening speed. Would she survive?

Unreality Television

807807 views11 comment11 fav

I was told, take him round the back and deal with him.

EyeSeaEwe

940940 views33 comments22 favs

I C U: …