Most discussed stories

Weather Channel Music Writer

11291129 views55 comments33 favs

He can become anyone. If he wants. He'd rather not but it's not his choice.

Ode To A Wave

17251725 views55 comments11 fav

She comes and goes,gingerly at times, or, caution tossed,a headlong rushof foam and froth.No matter, I am steadfast,keen to be immersed once morein her salty splendor.

Shopping List Mind

151151 views55 comments55 favs

No-one ever sits beside him. As if he might urinate, or spit. Or, worse, engage in conversation about God.

Going Back in Time: Song

971971 views55 comments55 favs

If we go back in time We are living in tents If we go back in time We are living in caves We are fighting over rivers We are fighting over fields Near the soft edges of slime If we go back in time Nothing would have us And we had t

Imaginary Friend

591591 views55 comments55 favs

"Where've you been?" the image in the mirror asked. "I haven't seen you since yesterday," she said. "Yeah, I miss you too," he said.

Myra's Mother

12451245 views55 comments33 favs

Smoking is like hooking up with an ex-girlfriend: you know she's bad for you and that it won't work out, but it feels so familiar and comfortable and so easy to slide back into.

Generous World

843843 views55 comments33 favs

perhaps because it knows that time’s a solvent/ and dissolves all things in time.

Of Soulful Cheese and Melted Needs

14451445 views55 comments11 fav

Two fine-young-things scan the menu board of In-N-Out Burger off Interstate 101. Dressed like twins -- hoop earrings, tank-tops and mini-skirts, ballet pumps — you could hardly tell them apart, except for their Cleopatra and Marilyn Manson hairstyles. As they…

Buttons

13591359 views55 comments33 favs

I opened my switchblade mouth and sliced through the scab of silence.

happy hour

789789 views55 comments00 favs

I remember seeing five young losers standing outside this bar, smoking cigarettes in their baggy shorts and flip-flops, giving the occasional high-fives. They weren’t even eating their calzone, and I was getting upset about it. (I hadn’t eaten the whole

Public Transport

210210 views55 comments33 favs

Suicide was on his bucket list. Redeeming a lost soul was on hers. If not for the train drivers' strike they might have met.

Tried

591591 views55 comments22 favs

to rise and rise for you and rise some more and catch the next wave into the slickest part of the new found air of youthful intention. Hard ground seemed to like me a lot more for myselfthan those snobby clouds I was watching, and…

The Nude Pianist: A Novel: Chapter 53

766766 views55 comments22 favs

—Francesco, said Zambrano, rising from his desk and putting his arm around Frank's shoulder. You and me, we're business partners. Regular capital crime buddies.

There's Really Only Space For One Here

831831 views55 comments44 favs

i hope that day comes sooner rather than later.

IV

976976 views55 comments11 fav

For those of you who come quickly as darts in black atmosphere, a bittersweet half. I'd like to be forgiven, for these thoughts which racket my insides, a tennis ball of occupancy. This yielding of song: a sip: sorting my business through the shield. No way of bartering the…

Visitation Hour

13841384 views55 comments11 fav

She watches too much VH1 for a five-year-old.

31 & 32

11921192 views55 comments44 favs

Many hours to make a brick: many bricks to make a curve.

The ghost of who I used to be.

205205 views55 comments44 favs

I was never a gypsy.We came grounded with a purpose.The sun set the same as where we came from.And from there we moved and moved neverfinding a place to really call our own althoughwe turned Miami into a foreign country wherethe first language is and always will be…

Incantation beyond Relief

9191 views55 comments00 favs

Double, double oil and trouble; 
 Spill and burn and caldron bubble. Back and forth make strong the stride. Even now pace the pride. Stepping stones that dot the slough make way for the clean up crew. I promise safe crossing. Straight…

Old Eyes

942942 views55 comments22 favs

I passed the old man from upstairs now and then, usually on Saturdays.

Off We Go Then

935935 views55 comments55 favs

Wish more than ever there was a more perfect way to mean everything I say. If I could I'd certainly walk all my words right up to your face now and give them over, hand to hand so to speak. That's the point at which I'd very much…

Freeze! It's the Library Police!

11831183 views55 comments44 favs

A Texas man was recently arrested for failing to return a GED study guide to his local public library. He'd kept it out for three years. This is the kind of news story that brings joy to a librarian's heart.The library where I work just installed a…

Classic

878878 views55 comments11 fav

"I love you.”“Night.”Back at the screen door she answers “What?” I stand under her nose and say “Box is out of juice.” Inside she sits me on the black and white polka-dotted sofa we make love around here and there.…

The Sound of Human Lives

10711071 views55 comments00 favs

The room smelled of an old rank basement. Boys and girls of all ages crowded the stage. The room was dark with only a few lights that hung from above keeping the crowd dark and silhouetting Chris on drums.

The Alternative Zodiac

20852085 views55 comments22 favs

Instead of these gew-gaw ‘signs’ you waffle about, I will give you reality

It Always Comes So Close & Then Disappears

695695 views55 comments44 favs

It's all down to you. To every new morning's baby crying. Down to your blank notebook, all sides opening at once, hands like an ocean of birds.You standing there looking back at me from behind your chosen wall of love's newly made flesh. Your smile like blood…

Cryptsville USA

11381138 views55 comments55 favs

pornographic bookmarks

Greet Death

881881 views55 comments33 favs

where are you now?

SPIN

10211021 views55 comments33 favs

Rose lifted her 55-year-old legs until they were perpendicular to the bed and admired how girlish they looked. It gave her the sexy legs of a 20-year old, if the morning light was right and she squinted a bit.

Johnny Bruzzone: Pool Hustler

919919 views55 comments11 fav

I was a coward and didn’t want to get killed like Heimley. Heimley was a nut at high school. I saw him myself one night put his hand right through the windshield of this car he was working on, along with a monkey wrench. Sure, he was drunk, but th