Recommended stories

Brooklyn Bridge

696696 views11 comment00 favs

I’m walking funny but only comedians notice.

Badface Investigates - Fighting

10601060 views11 comment00 favs

I’m lying on the floor curled up in the foetal position and about six people are stamping on me. [...] It’s really confusing down here, what with all the kicking.

It Can Hold Us All

783783 views11 comment00 favs

Look out for rotten ice. If you fall in, pull yourself out like a seal. Take off all your clothes and get to shelter.

one for the runners

828828 views00 comments00 favs

it always takes too long to figure it out

confetti

842842 views11 comment00 favs

i’ve started writing these things down on blue-lined notebook paper or really anything i can get my tendonitis-ridden hands on.

The Poet Begs

8181 views00 comments00 favs

William Walsh Queen Anne's "Gentleman of the Horse," poet and friend of Alexander Pope thought Caelia proved cruel for not giving him the toy he begged. So he wrote in The Despairing Lover. William Walsh …

Love and other entreaties

857857 views22 comments00 favs

it’s okay, you can come inside me

Bucket

818818 views22 comments00 favs

There was a bucket of shit . . .

Rude Awakening

13991399 views11 comment00 favs

Vito suddenly found himself wide awake. He was unable to recall having fallen asleep or dreaming or awakening. It seemed he'd just entered bed, yet a glance at the windows told him it was already the middle of the night.

My Affair With Tiger

10121012 views00 comments00 favs

Face it girls, you want to claw my eyes out, don’t you? Or whack me across my 36 DD’s with a golf club, am I right? Well don’t blame me if I’m young, gorgeous, full-breasted and obviously the cat’s meow.

Control

835835 views00 comments00 favs

The eater's pose extending the fork in hand toward the bowl wherein the appetizer lay readied. Salad, carefully configured for its purposes mixing vitality with pleasure which should not be differentiated, don't you agree? Colors selected for their…

In the Sand

725725 views00 comments00 favs

A man stood on the beach, looking out over the ocean. He watched his son practicing turns in his sailboat, and pushed his feet Under the warm sand. Above him someone flew a silent helicopter. "That's my son," the man was screaming even though there was no…

The Kiss

13151315 views00 comments00 favs

"Dude!" James smacked Peter's head. "Don't be a jerk. Did you get a look at her or not?" Peter said, "I didn't really see her face. Is she hot? Do you wanna kiss her face?"

narcissus, remember me

760760 views22 comments00 favs

You were never at all like Narcissus, trying to remember girls’ names with marble in their eyes. You never adored your own image, looking at yourself in the river, not like I did (looking in the mirror that brings sleep.) I remember you admiring the dre

Walt Whitman's Census Form

643643 views22 comments00 favs

Why, I ask myself, is a bathroom not a room?

I Go Cold Keyboard at End of Day

953953 views11 comment00 favs

Excuse me, can I now ask to change my favorite childhood color from green to yellow?

It's Not the Heat, it's the Humidity

8080 views00 comments00 favs

Maria Summer afternoon I love you I have good news The last day of school I long not to long Your eyes, absorbing not reflecting More like a garnet Not a ruby Thundergrowled danger Tinglethumb

Born to Be Alive

11471147 views11 comment00 favs

When Mt. St. Helens erupted, I knew that was the end of Bigfoot.

Elementary

875875 views11 comment00 favs

He, an irregular chap, Was known for his hat with a flap. Had fleet feet and a very strong back.

Leaky Pipes

10731073 views22 comments00 favs

I was thinking everything was OK, until one day I woke up and realized that I was living on an entirely different planet, and you seemed like a complete stranger to me. I was feeling so ashamed of these feelings, that I couldn't even tell you about them. I couldn't…

(6) Compatriots

10111011 views11 comment00 favs

"It was here where he’d first seen the girl—Nan. Slender, with brown hair, pale skin, sitting on a bench, and reading from a pile of papers on her lap."

Bunny Ears

13061306 views00 comments11 fav

Word traveled fast at school on Monday. Emma Jakowski had actually captured him. He was being held in her dad's tool shed. Anyone who wanted to see him had to be in the Jakowski's backyard by 3:15 that afternoon, chocolate bunny ears in hand. It was no…

Strayhorn's "Chelsea Bridge" (Webster/Mulligan)

606606 views11 comment00 favs

The chorus is a melancholy enlightenment; this is all I have, he thinks, the only transcendence I’ll get out of this day. I should seize it while I can.

The Great San Francisco Poetry Wars, 5

10191019 views11 comment00 favs

and we got the apartment, which was on a street that backed up on an alley situated, as it turned out, right across the alley from the very first Hari Krishna house, where they would wake up at four every morning and begin their maddening chanting: Hari K

Heartbreaker

763763 views11 comment00 favs

He thought life was easy until he met you.With your vicious ways, your swirling hair and your radiant smile.All a man could want, all he could desire.And just that touch of strangeTo sway his mind like a siren sways a ship.But you refused, his offer didn't lureHis heart was…

FOR SCIENCE!

12051205 views22 comments00 favs

According to the weatherman's morning forecast it was supposed to be a dark and stormy night. Unfortunately for Doctor Von Übel the weather had other things in mind...

Table for one

971971 views00 comments00 favs

Black tagliatelle with squid and funghi porcini. He didn't understand why they called it a special, it had been in the menu since day one they had opened.

untitled

141141 views22 comments00 favs

Emily's just two miles away She has a Theremin leg She loves to play hopscotch all day And slide home to tea on a sled Bergamot flavours her favourite foods Strawberries grow in her hair She doesn't like guns, she loves hot-cross buns And…

Lies And Bullshit

854854 views11 comment00 favs

You sit brooding at the barOn a Friday nightOn the patio on a Friday nightAnd people try to figure you outI thinkAnd I am so quite andSo tired Too tired to even drive homeDrainedI just need that drink to feel betterAnd I stare off in a hazeWhats wrong?I don't…

The Cats of Spring

504504 views22 comments00 favs

If you’re a mouse with suicidal tendencies My cats can help you to meet your endency.