Most recent stories

Hive mentality

908908 views11 comment11 fav

My anger over yesterday's argument with you slipped from memory when I felt the first of the two hundred bee stings, each tiny jab another burst of brilliant pain, and each little attack another reminder to watch where I'm walking.

Fixing the RED Wagon

868868 views11 comment11 fav

I had put the child's wagon, which had been red once, back together again. “Honey”, I said, “I found out the garbagemen will pick up concrete this month.” So, I put…

I Cant' Help Falling in Love

8282 views00 comments00 favs

Time to story-tell the time.Time the tune was playedin The King Cottageon the Coco Palms Plantation.Its outside shower built of lava rock.Walgreens developed the vacation snaps.OMG: Was that a nipple shot?Time to tell it was his room too.Elvis in Blue…

Perdition

12371237 views44 comments22 favs

There existed within them the deeper perdition, of course, the perdition of culture, American culture, the 21st Century suburban version, made up of Strip Malls From Hell.

The Happiest Place

844844 views22 comments00 favs

I normally don't photograph well, but today – well, today's different.

All you need is a friend

867867 views00 comments00 favs

So, before he could brew with the crew, God decided to make one last trip to Earth, drawn by nostalgia and the prospect of watching a football World Cup from the stands. That is where He met Mini.

The Knife Edge

876876 views22 comments22 favs

Max understood this perfectly and could easily picture the slow-motion buckling of the spars and the accordion collapse of the fuselage as the propeller blades’ churned up the ground.

Rent a DNA

972972 views00 comments00 favs

“Yo, Paciorek. Lend me your DNA, cuz I left mine on the farm, and I have a test tomorrow,” Feller ordered in a commanding voice, because he had gumption.

The man-faced boy

10061006 views11 comment00 favs

And so the man-faced boy grew alone, knowing little of kindness and love. As he grew, he explored the limits of his cold world; crawling in dusty nappies, toddling in hand-me-down rags, at last walking on worn sandals, haunting the edges of human life loo

Pigeon Post

10361036 views00 comments00 favs

“Monetising the mecosystem” Theobald blathered, “extend the value proposition, core competencies create cash rich commitment free conurbations…partnership models proliferate non essential services spawning new opportunity…” Peregrine tried to

Fall

10211021 views11 comment00 favs

The rustling of the dry leaves when he moved even slightly sounded like thunder to him, and he was sure if any of the other kids from the neighborhood got too close, it was the noise that would end up giving him away.

Women Meeting new Men

773773 views11 comment00 favs

WOMEN MEETING NEW MEN up suddenly from a new fire we each rose up suddenly columns of smoke wrapping around one another parts of us touching and matching fitting and twisting tightly becoming one over this poem…

Sacre Something

10271027 views11 comment00 favs

My first abroad journey completed. A picturesque way to end it all, really. I’m into that, I think to myself: making things play like movies or dramas or as beautifully as I can make them.

Physicist in love

14781478 views1313 comments99 favs

He saw symmetry, exquisite geometry, body and built world in harmony.

Rob's Send-off

11331133 views22 comments11 fav

They could cram Rob inside the trunk and then drop him somewhere in the dingles.

Suspicion

949949 views00 comments00 favs

A woman confronts her suspicions about her husband's fidelity.

Runt Of the Litter

728728 views11 comment00 favs

I remember so many things … do you remember who I am yet? I attached pictures to jog your memory, including the house on Euclid where I lived. That’s my high school graduation photo. I was wearing my hair short that year, and blonde and natural,

Circling '84

13711371 views33 comments33 favs

Other things are on my mind when the Tupperware lady says, "First, let's move your couch over by the door and the table here."

Contagious Blinking

11721172 views22 comments22 favs

He pulls on his wispy goatee and shifts his weight a few times from one foot to the other. That doesn’t help. It rarely does, to be honest.

4 Scars

774774 views00 comments00 favs

Within 3 seconds the replicant Abraham Lincoln now knew everything there was to know in this world. The errant input function had created a memory leak that lead into the network. First local systems, local networks, to city, state, government, then world

Still Life in a Bowl

15101510 views2020 comments1313 favs

I sprinkle seaweed over the water and all twelve rise to feed. Two of them went down the hole but knew to come up. A toilet has mouths and caverns, not a bad place at all for fish.

Elegy on a country rooftop

835835 views00 comments00 favs

Willa knows why Jimmy reached for the thirty ought six Chambered a round With three more clinking in his pants pocket And took to the roof

A Hall of Mirrors

996996 views00 comments00 favs

My face in your face The light in your eyes Dancing and twirling Growing, alive A hall of mirrors reflecting me Shards of glass Silver and black Injure and cut Years of bad luck A hall of mirrors protecting me Wrinkles and bags Time's been unkind Disease and…

My Heart goes Boom

911911 views33 comments00 favs

On his knees in front of the transplant board, he pleaded for his ailing heart, spluttering on its last dying beats, to be replaced with a bomb.

A Brief, Protracted Reflection

10301030 views00 comments00 favs

...Loves and fights and retires; / And dies.

Badface Investigates – Scarification: (draft)

12541254 views00 comments00 favs

I can barely feel the blade as it first goes in. I'm pleasantly surprised. But as she drags the knife across my skin the pain increases becoming more and more painful rising to a point of unbearable agony the further she cuts.

Bucket

818818 views22 comments00 favs

There was a bucket of shit . . .

Nunc Stans

16691669 views55 comments33 favs

I missed the cadence and remembered the verse too late. Now, that place where everything comes together is a first taste of things that have somehow become slightly bitter, and I was choking on it.

Squirm

11561156 views33 comments11 fav

“We should start a virgins' support group,” said Cindi one autumn afternoon. We were sitting in the bay window of the Campus Coffee Cavern ...

Kanha's Dream

10891089 views00 comments00 favs

"Look at the grime on those curtains. Not fit for an Emperor. Pull them down. Put up fresh new ones. Not a spot." "Oh! Look at this throne. All uneven legs. The gems are not shining. The gold looks dull. Fix it, fix it, fix it!"