Most recent stories

War & Peace

985985 views99 comments77 favs

I stand at the edge of the water naked as a newborn. Tiny ripples lick my toes.

I am going to shoot you, but first, an Essay

982982 views22 comments22 favs

Quickly enough, it became clear, however, that this was really all about offers you could not refuse, allegations you could not contest, arrests you could not understand and acts you would not survive.

Lockdown

10191019 views66 comments22 favs

That son of a bitch locked me in the house again. Come over and knock in a window. One of them by the roses; he won’t see. Be a dear.

Exoskeletal

10791079 views33 comments22 favs

Tell you what, if people only knew what the buggo does to your insides before it shellacs your outsides they'd think twice before dancing. And guys like us, we'd get parades. Guys like us, oof-oof! Im-mune to romance.

Have You Ever

792792 views00 comments00 favs

Have you ever Felt As if you were Alone In the world?

de gustibus non disputandum

830830 views33 comments00 favs

those darn kids

Poetry, Inc.

649649 views33 comments11 fav

It comes to our attention you have what it takes to join our enterprise.

Stage Play in Five Acts of Her: Matinee

14781478 views1616 comments1010 favs

I could have writ­ten her as is with long bushy hair, skinned knees, over­hauls, blue­berry stains on her fin­gers and teeth because she eats them too much. I love her bet­ter this way, blueberry-stained and wild....

Dog Park

15801580 views2323 comments1313 favs

We met an old friend and his old dog. We went off leash on the lush Buffalo grass. He and I—this old friend, I mean—talked mostly of divorce, something we shared between us.

Sandcastle

826826 views22 comments22 favs

the visual field is an in-rushing city of refractions bouncing across the water.

Just like I read the news

14881488 views66 comments66 favs

She sang will you still need me

The Funeral

991991 views44 comments00 favs

Over the years, Morgana had grown. She was so much more than what Xavier remembered. So much different. She had an astute, almost shrewd air about her. She didn't seem nearly as fragile as he had left her. No, she had an eye out for herself now.…

Help Me Own You

20152015 views3434 comments2323 favs

I wrote a fucking poem about you And you’ll like it

the origin of perfume

14011401 views1010 comments66 favs

I see young girls in their white summer dresses and remember how I was like that, light youth that barely touched the ground. Screwing and unscrewing the lid of a salt shaker (sitting at a table.) Swinging a shoe off the tip of my toes. Rubbing a foot u

Robert, The Architect

12501250 views44 comments22 favs

Robert Townsend had planned his suicide for ten years, and on July 10th, 2010 he took a long, hot shower to set the mood.

Sulfur and Wishes

832832 views00 comments00 favs

Some mornings he would wake up with his hand in the curve of her side. But her scent would awaken him further to his reality. This was not his wife. No, the women he vowed to protect was asleep in the arms of another.Lost to adultery, his dreams fell to…

On Second Thought

12821282 views1111 comments55 favs

when thoughts of you waffle in through memories scent

A Letter From Uncle Bernie

10271027 views11 comment22 favs

...Truth is, it’s because of fabulously wealthy men and women like myself who long ago sucked all the cream out of the bottle, and now we’re coming back for whatever milk remains.

Gulf War

10691069 views1515 comments1010 favs

Someone's ass should be kicked.

Dylan to Return to Roots for Golden Years

631631 views11 comment00 favs

When informed that the returning celebrity is not Gary Puckett but Bob Dylan, the world-renowned singer-songwriter, Sklarski draws a blank. “Never heard of him,” he says as he takes off in his pick-up truck.

Always Vera

13761376 views1313 comments55 favs

“The price of everything's gone up,” I say. “But I don't have to buy you chocolate if it's costing too much.” She says nothing and bends her head again, gnarled hands slowly breaking a family-sized chocolate block into pieces.

My Date With Jennifer Connelly

27712771 views22 comments00 favs

Hell found me. I was scouring my shelf for books to read last night and nothing seemed to interest me. There were books on anthropology, politics, economics, science, and sociology -- the works. There were also my Hornby's, Gaiman's, Tolkien's,…

Blocked (Inspired by Duchamp's Étant donnés)

774774 views00 comments00 favs

I wanted to enter, but was blocked. Before me was a wood door with two peepholes, and through the slits I saw a brick wall, a leather torso beyond resting upon twigs, velvet, glass and “glue” spread, legs wide. Against a…

Love Songs for Kandahar

16281628 views77 comments55 favs

You worry that the mullahs suspect us, but that cannot be. We never touch in public. You weep and I shake when a neighbor knocks on the door.

Icarus

934934 views22 comments22 favs

Rob slogged down First as November winds tore right on through him that Tuesday at four o'clock in the morning, letting him know that he was the only man left on the face of the whole fucking planet. Except for an old, broke,…

Unfinished Journal Entries (which only goes to prove just how unprofessionally untutored I am)

922922 views88 comments55 favs

I could tell you right nowwhat I'm thinking aboutbut that would not be sacrificeenough. Takes all kinds, and youonly listen when it'ssomething you think is instantlyoverpowering. I swear, there's always something not quiteright with you. There's a silly left…

Heart Line

15031503 views2424 comments1010 favs

One sunny morning, a big-bellied ball of yellow fur surveyed a yard full of prospective adopters and ran straight to one. She’d been chosen.

The Boy who killed Christ

35273527 views2020 comments1111 favs

He was on his way home from school on a dank winter afternoon when the attack came from nowhere, launched like a missile across the Gaza Strip. Suddenly he lay on his back with Jonathan Love pounding him in the face.

2 Little Paragraphs About Writing

17341734 views1212 comments88 favs

I write in the morning when the world is bendy.

Highway Robbery

11831183 views11 comment00 favs

I knew her face but not her hair, at least not the right way up.