Most discussed stories

1972

146146 views00 comments00 favs

A daughter is stuck between the sun and the moon. She is excavating on a distant planet. She's a scientist or an astronaut. She's a time travelerknowing she will be conceivedon a sanctimonious day.This is the daughter you dreamedof having while you played with…

Release

12261226 views00 comments00 favs

One of the runners was collecting bags of dead animals to bring back to the van. Nicholas looked inside one of the bags, but all he saw was a stringy mess of fur and tissue. The runner grabbed the bag from Nicholas. He shrugged and said "hammers.

The Scenes Speak for Themslves

12501250 views00 comments00 favs

We are the images, the tableau vivant, the one-person shows, the scenes from scattered plays. We wait for the Caretaker who prompts us to play and replay one by one on her rounds.

Not from the self but from the Other

11391139 views00 comments11 fav

meanings figure into traffic streams reds fade, trickle down the long ‘V' another passing human ear; tall, tall buildings paper poised on horizon. situations gape in and out of seconds corners turn to disappearance, witness follows fingers…

Control

841841 views00 comments00 favs

The eater's pose extending the fork in hand toward the bowl wherein the appetizer lay readied. Salad, carefully configured for its purposes mixing vitality with pleasure which should not be differentiated, don't you agree? Colors selected for their…

I'm Despondent, Yes...

657657 views00 comments00 favs

Do you remember who Laura S was? She was the one who tore out Shel’s heart. (It so happened that she was one of Lynda’s closest friends, and knew all her secrets.) Shel started seeing a shrink after Laura dumped him, and he would go around s

Epic struggle between right and wrong...

986986 views00 comments00 favs

The day was yesterday, November 11, 2010. I was home from work, and I pulled my car into the driveway. I stopped short of the garage to get out of the car and get the daily mail. Bills and unwanted coupons for places I didn't go and for items I don't…

The Cherry

971971 views00 comments00 favs

He then spent his walk home to his single apartment spitting up various textures of red, combinations of cherry and blood mostly.

there's a light moving toward me in the sky

684684 views00 comments00 favs

There’s a light moving toward me in the sky. How often at the edges of reason, the howling desire has taken me. Howling desire! How often it has taken me in its mouth, naked, and shaken me. And now there’s a light moving toward me in the sky. There’

Arcana Magi Pure - c.4

13081308 views00 comments00 favs

The stone floor was cold and the sky above had a purple haze. The setting sun hid beyond the trees outside the crumbled walls. Vines reached over the well as if it grabbed it like hand.

Diary of a Bolshoi Potato Dancer

985985 views00 comments00 favs

“Is that an erect annual plant in your codpiece, Mr. Flax, or are you just glad to see me?”

Little Doggy

915915 views00 comments00 favs

"A gush of sand- peppered wind from a passing semi-trailer hit my face rousing me from my mental comparisons."

The Only Good Thing

7575 views00 comments00 favs

The slick compartments of chilli peppers and spiced corn and onions and mustard were barely visible through the bodies and rings of hair and soft loops of arms, and the thick meaty gassy air and the late summer air pushed the tent in on itself and I felt

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.2 - c.1

11821182 views00 comments00 favs

The sound of drums blared from down the street. Car horns tried to fight the sound. Mayumi and Keiko saw the size of the crowd walking past them increase.

Mutterings

10571057 views00 comments00 favs

That old woman's got to be senile or something. The other day she asked my daughter if I had a "thing about water." Sharon told her I didn't, but then came right in and asked me, "Mother, you got a thing about water?"

Whole Day Off

877877 views00 comments00 favs

...an aggregation of physical nature with the abstraction of 'applicabilty,' more than just a word, but a magickal spell that conjures technology out of ecology.

The sound of your shoes

786786 views00 comments00 favs

The smell of your chest, and the taste of your lips as they touch mine

In Search of a Meaningful Moment

11371137 views00 comments00 favs

She wheeled more deeply into the office towards Mason’s desk. Keith hurried to the desk and pulled the chair out of the way for her and a sat down next to her. She was blue-eyed, pale and completely hairless, which made it difficult to guess her age.

The Case Of The Limehouse Golem

14271427 views00 comments00 favs

Calmly I rang the bell for Mrs. Madison and sank with some relief onto the ottoman. In a crisis, a calm head and decisive action are called for. The housekeeper would surely know what to do.

What We Talk About When We Talk About Lasagna

11031103 views00 comments00 favs

When we talked about the lasagna, we were, I see now, talking about different things. I.e., I was talking about lasagna, and you were talking about almost everything but. You weren't talking about the dry, burnt noodles or…

Until, the Stars

813813 views00 comments00 favs

Until the stars form last nightI zoom out with an empty heart.Whose forgiveness forgesseas of overabundance, parksUnder the river's bed as magazine?Jet heavy, my tenses shift in an operation between two frightened doctors. I'm hiding onside: the lines & in the branches…

Earth Day Celebration

929929 views00 comments00 favs

At the annual Earth Day celebration, Frieda looked up in the sky and saw a lone goose. It had caught her attention with its call, echoing off the buildings and trees.

Arcana Magi Pure Vol.3 - c.1

10831083 views00 comments00 favs

Emi stood up and turned to Mayumi. She did not know what else to say. There was a sense of helplessness.

soliciting your help with my answering machine (part 1)

601601 views00 comments00 favs

Hello, writers, readers, friends, discerner's of subtlety, freedom fighters for truth, emotional fairness and proper punctuation. I am soliciting your feedback on my answering machine message. I want this to be an answering machine announcement to audio-book…

For Budding Cowboy Poets, Hot Practices Only Get Verse

526526 views00 comments00 favs

You’re wife’s as ugly as a bitch coyote/And you ain’t half the man of Truman Capote.

Help Us Locate Ourselves

859859 views00 comments00 favs

dove from the trenches, double-check

Jon Bon Joviettes: A Love Letter to the Bistro

914914 views00 comments00 favs

"Oh, sit on my face oh won't you? Your velvety wetness would provide a nice counterpoint to the upholstery of the sofa-matching easy chair, crummy but that's the charm of this hipster-ironic dive playing 80's crap so I have to cram your music in my…

Mr. Bourgeois Drowns His Sorrows

866866 views00 comments00 favs

Late last night down at Jim's Saloon Everyone expected that the last balloon Would go Boom! The one they all saw coming And Lady Liberty would send the bad guys running

Arcana Magi Memorial - c.4

12921292 views00 comments00 favs

Azure walked through the fog as though she were walking to class. Her hands swayed through the mist and felt the thickness of the cloud through her fingers

Limits on Lint-Rollers Tighten as Illicit Use Spreads

14031403 views00 comments00 favs

The latest teen abuse of an ordinary household item? Late-night “lint roller” parties at which boys and girls engage in heavy “feel-up” sessions that can lead to unwanted pregnancies, white slavery and in extreme cases, marriage.