Most discussed stories

Ouroboros

964964 views11 comment11 fav

It matters little who thought of it first, what mattered was the schism. Or, to be more accurate, those on the opposite sides of the schism. And, of course, you are a part of this, dear reader. You are of one side or the other.

nightwatch

758758 views11 comment11 fav

Breaking the cat's cradled cord she examines her fingernails. She notices a crack in the paintwork, sighs to herself. Makes a mental note to cover it over. Cover it over, paint over the cracks. There's been a lot of that recently, hasn't there?

Tooth Decay

15841584 views11 comment00 favs

The schedule fell smoothly into place: After Imogene went home at the end of the day, Calvin locked the office door, then he and Rosalie marched into the examination room and she flossed him.

My Daughter On Wolf Hill Farm

926926 views11 comment11 fav

I survived as a brave thought,

The Scarlet Tanager and the Sparrows

971971 views11 comment00 favs

“Eat more bugs,” said an old one.

Dangerous Questions

10551055 views11 comment11 fav

Shirley stubbed her cigarillo out on a dead chunk of honeycomb.

Snoopy Calling

869869 views11 comment00 favs

The little girl picked up the toy phone. "Who is this please?" she said, mimicking what she'd heard her mother say many times before. "Snoopy," came the voice.

Something Wrong

881881 views11 comment00 favs

Her questions apparently had their desired effect.

confetti

845845 views11 comment00 favs

i’ve started writing these things down on blue-lined notebook paper or really anything i can get my tendonitis-ridden hands on.

Happy Birthday!

15371537 views11 comment00 favs

[WARNING: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 'R XMAS!]

pockets

719719 views11 comment11 fav

That place was on a summit and hardly anything grew there and it wasn't for lack of turning over the earth or tending the loam and it wasn't either for lack of sun because the violent storms had felled anything that could block the light years and even decades before. On…

How The West Was Won

777777 views11 comment11 fav

I looked through the window of my shop here in Laredo and saw him standing there with his six-shooters drawn as I sized him up from his head to his toes. A ten-gallon, weathered black hat sat atop his head and a worn pock-marked and sun-bleached, denim shirt criss-crossed…

I fell in love with jackal face

802802 views11 comment11 fav

As we stood there, my hair slung over his shoulder like uncooked pizza dough, I updated my wish.

untitled

155155 views11 comment11 fav

THE LAST POETS: a blazoned signifier of designer label radical chic stretched across the influential chest of a not so radical chick a sinuous stick-girl a feted model, considered super arranged in cover-girl posture in full exposure …

Going Commando

682682 views11 comment11 fav

I have the fear of comedy I have the laughter of war I have the need of a commando To come sack and ransack us Over and over again, O I am a pillow, a rock, an ant A soft Southern deer in the headlights I have the mask of Anonymity Lyi

One Last Word

14151415 views11 comment11 fav

Almost 24 hours ago in Pakistan, Osama Bin Laden was sleeping just as he had slept every night for the hundreds of days prior; comfortable in a million dollar compound with his son and advisors around him...

The Man Behind the Curtain

879879 views11 comment00 favs

I find it more fun to be a pirate

Space Pop #1

686686 views11 comment00 favs

The Starship Emphasis was not having a good day, as two of their crew members had already died of dysentery because someone shat in the water again.

Clara's Journal

2525 views11 comment00 favs

Not a true story.

Rihtan, I

798798 views11 comment00 favs

Whether the girl was found fleeing and abducted into a short life of inexcusable torment or she escaped from the paths of Kulowul, the kingdom would fall in a matter of days.

Our Dreams Were Their Feathers

898898 views11 comment11 fav

The white moon is dangling by a thread tonight. I close my eyes and listen to it undress. Your halo fell around your ankles and you became see-through, but there’s a vast gulf between being pretty, and pretty dangerous. Still, I’ve s

The Garbage House

15171517 views11 comment00 favs

If you don't know what you're getting into maybe you shouldn't take the job. Driving in the rain with the windows open, holding your breath for minutes at a time, sticking your head out to gasp for air, you begin to understand the depravity to which people in poverty…

Comic Superhero

10411041 views11 comment11 fav

Andrew had learned the art of being a chameleon at school where his school uniform provided an exoskeleton. Beneath was no costume, just the fragile skin of adolescent ego.

Watching the Clock

901901 views11 comment11 fav

Benjamin did everything by the clock. He ate when the little hand pointed to five and the big hand pointed to six. He danced when the little hand pointed to three and the big hand pointed to seven. He slept when they both hit twelve.To be more precise, he did everything…

To Explain the Sasquatch Sitter

13981398 views11 comment11 fav

And I was going into the visions you get before you go to sleep. And I heard her moan. It was so beautiful. I moaned back. And she moaned again. And I did too. We pretended I guess that we didn’t hear each other. That we were moaning in our sleep.

Grand Finale

858858 views11 comment11 fav

Adam hitched his dinosaur to a covered wagon. He drove the Virgin Mary to the Faire. Shiva rode behind them in a silver limousine combing out his long and flowing hair.

Airline Passengers! Is There A Right To Recline?

998998 views11 comment11 fav

It's called the Knee Defender. But I prefer to think of it as the Schmuck Identifier.

The man-faced boy

10111011 views11 comment00 favs

And so the man-faced boy grew alone, knowing little of kindness and love. As he grew, he explored the limits of his cold world; crawling in dusty nappies, toddling in hand-me-down rags, at last walking on worn sandals, haunting the edges of human life loo

Screaming Woman - Excerpt

906906 views11 comment00 favs

Bree was mean as a bag of snakes and had done laid out most of the eligible bachelors in Culloden County at one time or another to the tune that at this point no man who’d heard of her wanted much truck with her.

Cold Blooded Moon by Paul D. Brazill

10181018 views11 comment11 fav

Jason poured himself another glass of Burgundy and tried to flush Jenna from his thoughts