Alphabetical stories

Mural, Mosaic, and Satori

867867 views00 comments00 favs

He thought of natural violence that had to do with the wind and the Atlantic Ocean. He thought of the Gulf Stream, that important title, that someone had shown him on a map and explained about in detail.

Muralista

800800 views44 comments00 favs

For those in know know know there was hint of a wilderness Cadillac...

Muse

11311131 views1212 comments77 favs

This liberated you/ to grind me hard/ on the dance floor

MUSE

984984 views55 comments33 favs

The bar was dark and a little dirty, and that suited Splinker's mood just fine.

Museo Libo

13421342 views1313 comments1010 favs

He'd tend the door himself in high lace up boots, orange rhinestone hot pants, a tight black t-shirt, and black boa with orange swirl.

Museum Guard

11011101 views11 comment00 favs

"Well if we break for lunch at the same time wanna sit with me? I got fruit roll-ups I'll share." Cory looked up at the boy, removing her hand from the water only to brush a lock of dark hair from her eyes. He was still smirking, jaw crunching, saliva

Museum of Everything

12791279 views1010 comments99 favs

It is the monad.

Museum Pieces

987987 views88 comments77 favs

The lecturers are retired professors from Oxford or Cambridge. They are snarky and wise and aloof.

Museum Story Listening

940940 views00 comments00 favs

A sort of invocation of the open sky, in contradistinction to the dark of the Earth whence came the specimens, a figurative marriage of the literal darkness of exploration and the figurative light of knowledge.

Music

761761 views1111 comments99 favs

Five micros

Music

565565 views77 comments44 favs

Without a creator

Music

737737 views11 comment00 favs

At work I listen to musicrecorded from live performances.People cheer in the music and I can hear their smilesthey are excited. I smile with themand I imagine they are happyfor me.I see them beyond my grey office walls I imagine they are my friends and…

Music and Books

709709 views33 comments44 favs

You're all I've got to keep me company, but it's a very fine company. So familiar, and warm as any cold digital fireplace. I can tell you've got more in your story, but it doesn't make you happy. I really do not feel well today. Fun I wanted to…

Music Box

16121612 views77 comments44 favs

Katie loved butterflies. Katie loved daisies. Mainly, Katie loved presents.

Music Boxes

799799 views88 comments55 favs

Mom would dig through one of her music boxes to pick out Saturday morning's cleaning jams. Tattered, battered Payless shoeboxes with lids ripped to shit, filled to capacity with piles of cassettes; greatest hits albums, mostly, or Time Life compilations of mid-to-late…

Music in Berkeley

629629 views11 comment11 fav

There I saw a woman with dyed long red hair Dressed all in furs and a short tight skirt Way too young for her age And she was banging a tampon on her leg At the performance of Ramblin Jack Eliot And no one got up to throw red wine on her Ful

Music That Tastes Like Blood

875875 views11 comment00 favs

It is your music that makes me want to crack open my ribcage and rip out my heart as it still beats, to cauterize my carotids, and shove the mechanical insides of a clock into my thoracic cavity.

Musica

930930 views44 comments22 favs

A sizzling as skin and sinew melt, fall away. "Scream if you need to scream, child." And I scream, and her song gains strength. The warmth of her around me. It is time.

Musica en La Habana

10191019 views00 comments00 favs

Mayra heard the bell ring and opened the door to her small home in downtown Havana. Mayra was in her 50's and had the beautiful dark olive skin of most Cuban people who have a mix of Caucasian and Negro in their blood.

Musk

309309 views66 comments77 favs

The moment you realize love is never finding you everything evaporatesdroplets of dew are everywherethe sun doesn't have to penetrate a cloudfor you to feel the sunshine pulling weeds is like drinking a glass of water sweat falls down…

Muslin

13421342 views1515 comments99 favs

Outside I see the daytime moon, and it is faint as a fingerprint. My cousins have up-turned the biggest rocks and removed all the Sow bugs. The land is damp and red, and the trees feel wet to the center.

Mussel Memory

18901890 views1717 comments1717 favs

Andreas Cappelanus taught that the word / “love” comes from the word meaning / “to fish.”

Must Not Be a Working Bird

11281128 views55 comments44 favs

I said, “That bird is hungry.” The sparrow was eying both of us At our separate outside café tables As it hopped around looking for crumbs. Then it would look up at us Expectantly.

Must've Done Something, Right?

506506 views22 comments11 fav

I hope you’re happy, she said. Fucker!

Mutant

22602260 views2020 comments1717 favs

The fallout came tangled with snow. We thought the sea would protect us. But it came from New Mexico greasy with Plumbbob’s vaporized pigs.

Mutants

13821382 views11 comment00 favs

Elin and I had religious differences about the garage. To her the garage required regular sweeping and organization--it was an extension of our house. Elin believed dust and mold to be manifestations of inner sin. I insisted that they were agents of evolu

Mutiny

12881288 views11 comment00 favs

Almost on cue, Xavier emerges and is in the vendor’s face. “X,” as he is known around here, is indoctrinating the obvious newbie on the merits of showing up earlier and the logistics of placeholders and markers.

Mutterings

10341034 views00 comments00 favs

That old woman's got to be senile or something. The other day she asked my daughter if I had a "thing about water." Sharon told her I didn't, but then came right in and asked me, "Mother, you got a thing about water?"

Mutual Respect

985985 views33 comments22 favs

Then, relieved to have cleared the air, they peacefully returned their way of living.

My Girl

764764 views00 comments00 favs

I like you,But I don'tLove youAnd that bitchDon't love youEitherWhy don't you loveMe?I only love my sonWhat do you hate About me?I hate your nervousnessLack of confidence,I hate your glasses,U asked too many QuestionsReally?Yeah, reallyWhat do like about me?I like…