Most recent stories

The Guidance Counselor

489489 views00 comments00 favs

He’d see them for fifteen minutes at a time, juniors and seniors, all day long. On their way out of the little town he’d come back to.

Passage

10531053 views00 comments00 favs

She didn't want to let go of the crumpled tissue she had been holding all this time, as it is wrong to litter, but she finally did, and felt free. Released. Bad. Naughty. Almost orgasmic.

Blank Light, Wooded Light (ELECTRIC DELIRIUM 1.7)

955955 views00 comments00 favs

Ships tumble, cars crash, horns gulp water, bombs burst up from the ground in a halo of screams.

The Night Madison Brooke Burned Alive

908908 views00 comments00 favs

She told me it had been there since she was a kid, this large black spot like a blimp floating from her right arm up to the tip of her neck. She had really pale skin so she kinda looked like a cow strutting down the street.

Winter White

110110 views99 comments33 favs

She was seeing a new psychiatrist because her old one had died and she resented having to see any psychiatrists at all but needed medication for depression. This one was blonde, blue-eyed with a Russian accent. From the way…

Fable

13621362 views1010 comments77 favs

The Muse stands at the summit of a paragraph playing with a yo-yo.

Taking A Walk

11721172 views88 comments22 favs

13 rooks on a lifeless tree

stop bullying racists

790790 views00 comments00 favs

Everyone wants to feel like the world has lined up against them and any achievement they have been able to attain was done despite the best efforts of everyone who isn't them. That's a given. But there is one group of people who seem to have a point.

What Do You Do For Men

550550 views00 comments00 favs

We were in the car and I just learned to drive and we were in the freeway running at a hundred miles per hour, and after a while we found ourselves in the center lane behind a slow-moving truck filled with small pumpkins...

How To Find A Galaxy In The Dark

10381038 views22 comments11 fav

I don't know what I'd expected from the week of mourning after my mother died but I sure hadn't pictured this marathon cocktail party. Our house is packed with people, food, booze and borrowed chairs. People I haven't seen in years keep turning up with casseroles.I'm…

Lend a Hand

711711 views33 comments00 favs

Now how do you feel about that, My future graverobber friend?

The Beauties Abandon You

12421242 views2323 comments1212 favs

The skin will stay but you won’t see it,/ camouflaged by creases, tags, and curious/ deposits of renegade fat and pigment.

The Flute Player

12401240 views33 comments22 favs

The man who plays his flute every day under the archway near Powell station is not very good. He never plays a real tune, just a series of random notes. There is no rhythm or melody either. In fact, it's not even a flute he…

Red

717717 views00 comments00 favs

There's a boarded up Chevron a few blocks down the street from where I used to live. I still pass it every now and again as I'm going to and from jobs. When I lived in the area, which was about three years ago, there was this one red-headed female gas jockey that seemed to…

Circus-thrust the Night Copier (ELECTRIC DELIRIUM 1.6)

10341034 views00 comments00 favs

Her fever spreads through lines of a plaid mini, over burnt milk, darkened to yellow. Fingers explore fabric folds up and into the lost dimensions of logic.

Stalk

856856 views00 comments00 favs

A spot in space observes all this, with its eyes arching over on their stalks. The observation point dangles one eye above the other, turning the roundness of them suddenly.

Assiduity Twenty Six

947947 views22 comments22 favs

Uzma and Luv are . . .

Secure Children

128128 views44 comments33 favs

Overheard from the back seat of car:

Quiet

13381338 views1414 comments1212 favs

He says, You think too much and he grins a grin that has all of the attic keys on a wrought iron ring, on a chain.

Winter Blues

15151515 views99 comments66 favs

He told me he could feel an army of tears building up behind his eyes.

Social Medicine

853853 views00 comments00 favs

Her Facebook profile was bursting with persistent prenatal posturing. She adored the adoration. And now Mrs. Davison’s pregnancy was almost over. This was her big, overblown, look-at-me-everyone, mind boggling finish!

I never.

793793 views33 comments11 fav

contemplatedshredding lettersfrom mybelated betterscauterizingsevered tethershorizoningmy ruffled feathers

The Boy Who Tamed Wild Things

577577 views00 comments00 favs

The boy had a gift, we understood; he could speak the language of the animals, and so soon there was a skunk that he would walk on a leash.

Letter to John Berryman

10321032 views33 comments11 fav

My dad was an Army Reservist stationed in the U.S.—New York and Texas—the bugler in his corps. He golfed on summer weekends at Hazeltine in the course of his career. I had seen houses water colored prettily within the lines on L.S.D., after noticing not

A Game of Dodge Ball

11531153 views22 comments22 favs

Mo Dean woke up sober. And tired. Tired of life, of soiled pants, rash, vomit, and whiskey sweat. Tired of holes in his pockets and blisters on his feet, of hanging signs asking for dimes and getting only pennies. And most of all, tired of the police.

Electric Delirium (ELECTRIC DELIRIUM 1.5)

10861086 views22 comments00 favs

Rose, silence her desire when she, in this moment of desire, has passed into the grey and dawdles in the margins of such a hurtful unconventionality. Bend her astray from such a becoming. It would be a horror show: intimate, endless, and bloody, just the

At your service

819819 views11 comment11 fav

A horn blared behind him. Dan put his Corrola into drive, and began inching forward. Something colorful passed on his left and abruptly pulled in front of him. He slammed the brakes, nearly ramming into a bubblegum pink three-wheeled motorcycle command

Jagged Dog Story

11331133 views66 comments44 favs

But I had learned from ingesting Roberto’s glitter-eyed fear, it could make you never close enough, and then, never far enough away. And both at the same time.

Poison

115115 views77 comments77 favs

The High Priest Psychiatrist at Orwellian Industries Medical Center where I used to work loved to hear himself say the following, to my horror, at every staff meeting: "We psychiatrists prescribe the poisons to the patients and the…

Poet Begging on Subway Car

15601560 views1313 comments88 favs

The subway train pulled up and I shuffled on board. I announced to the whole subway car: “I’m a poet.” And that was all I needed to do. It was like a miracle. Someone got up immediately and gave me her seat. People got in an orderly line and began